NameSilo

discuss Your biggest regret in your domaining career?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
We all have regrets.
As a domainer, here is one of my biggest regret :

While deals come and go and I recently blew a $900 deal, which is not a big one, but considering that it was a hand reg and the ROI was close to 45000% it was definitely a regret.

But the biggest one was letting CommercialGain.com expire. While some may not see it as a great name, I saw this name going in 5-figure or more over a period of time. I was careless enough to postpone its renewal and later it expired.

What's your biggest regret in domaining?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Selling at a lower price

•••
I let Rediscuss.com expire and now it's on HugeDomains

That doesn't mean much.

My dropped domains wind up on Huge/Domains all the time and I have some of their drops also, some of which were even hand regs after they dropped them and nobody picked them up.

Huge/Domains grabs tons and tons of domains and they don't really care if the quality is not great because they make their money selling mostly low to medium quality names, at relatively low prices, and rely on having a huge (no pun intended) inventory to support those sales.

So you can't really use Huge/Domains to judge your portfolio, or as an average example of how to buy names.

They play the game in a totally different way than we do.

So does Buy/Domains.

Last edited:
•••
Was in the right place at the right time (1990s). Didn't take it serious was more of a hobby buying domains and building sites but unfortunately I never followed through.

It's never too late and the future is full of opportunities.

Who remembers?
Compuserve
56k modems
Frontpage
AOL Chatrooms
Prodigy
Alta Vista
Netscape

•••
Was in the right place at the right time (1990s). Didn't take it serious was more of a hobby buying domains and building sites but unfortunately I never followed through.

It's never too late and the future is full of opportunities.

Who remembers?
Compuserve
56k modems
Frontpage
AOL Chatrooms
Prodigy
Alta Vista
Netscape

I don't think the 1990s are that much of a miss if u were able to buy 4L CHIPs for $30 each (or less) then sell them the very next year for $1.5k. People became millionaires. #TrueDomainingStories.

•••
Being greedy and countering a 500$ offer on a domain that was, honestly, worthed zero.
I've rejected many XX.XXX offers in the past and I don't regret any of them, because they were for valuable domains, but that 500$ one yes... I was greedy.

•••
Your biggest regret in your domaining career?

Answer - Starting a domaining career. :facepalm:

•••
I'll my biggest regret was when I left domaining in 2010.

It leaves me with a question "What if?" I've always felt that I had one foot in the door in domaining ready to walking with a x,xxx sale but I left before I could find out the answer to run a gaming community that I was big on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back