Dynadot

You Must Be Joking Pal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
To my surprise Dynadot have placed .Club domains as the default top result for a domain search. First they did their new "dynamic search" Which doesn't work properly and stalls the intended search results, (staggers different options and sometimes stops before the plural that you may have wanted) So on top of that we now have this. The .com option comes up as number six in the available options (whether available to hand reg or buy via marketplace) Crazy stuff or money under the table ??? Do a search for YouMustBeKiddingPal and see for your self. At least Godaddy offer the .com as the default result

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are always testing things. It may be that. I am unaware of any tests though that would prevent an exact match .com from displaying as the top search result if it were listed in the Aftermarket on Afternic or GoDaddy.

well i typed in just the word and the .co came first even with the .com still available. You might want to tell the senior staff to fix that as i'm getting frustrated every time i search a name and forget to include .com

i have started to use other registers to search names as it is easier and i don't have to include the .com

upload_2018-1-24_19-30-39.png

•••
just tried a search with a name i have listed on afternic... guess what, the .co came up and the .com was nowhere to be seen. Not Good, Not good at all!?!?!

:rage::xf.cry:

•••
just tried a search with a name i have listed on afternic... guess what, the .co came up and the .com was nowhere to be seen. Not Good, Not good at all!?!?!

@Joe Styler Another person confirms that it is an issue. Aftermarket names are de-prioritized. Afternic sold my 4L.com name a week ago and made $3,625 in commission. It wood probably take around 300 .co hand regs to provide similar profit to GD from the first year discounted price and full price from renewals for some, not counting forgone profit from .com sales that one might assume is not available on GD.

•••

Afternic and GoDaddy use completely different search functionalities on the back end.

•••
I can ask around but it sounds like a test to me as I said. If it is a test it is probably a small sub group of people so it is hard to track down who is part of the group. If we are doing a test it is very unlikely that I will find out we are before its changed to a new test. I also need to get ready to head to Namescon so I have limited time to check into this before I leave. I have to be there Saturday. If I get an answer before then I will update you here.

•••
I got some more information. They are doing it only in Canada. They are working on fixing it so that .com premium domains will return as a top result if the name is entered without a tld. I don't know when that will happen but they are actively working on it.

•••
I got some more information. They are doing it only in Canada. They are working on fixing it so that .com premium domains will return as a top result if the name is entered without a tld. I don't know when that will happen but they are actively working on it.

Thank you ) Good luck at Namescon. I assume they'll figure it out, as I am in Houston, TX, USA, not Canada and apparently the "net" for their test has spread wider )

•••
Perhaps unless they think you are in Canada or want to be treated as if you were. Your screenshot shows you are looking at our Canadian site, the url is ca.godaddy.com instead of godaddy.com. It is very possible you clicked on a link from here or somewhere else to our site that was a Canadian link and it updated your cookies to make you go to the Canadian site. You can fix it by erasing your cookies or an easier way is to go to the top left of our homepage and right next to where it says GoDaddy there is a drop down for language and country. Pick US and it should remember that.

•••
Yeah .. I'm in Canada and have had that for quite some time now. :-/

•••
•••
Perhaps unless they think you are in Canada or want to be treated as if you were. Your screenshot shows you are looking at our Canadian site, the url is ca.godaddy.com instead of godaddy.com. It is very possible you clicked on a link from here or somewhere else to our site that was a Canadian link and it updated your cookies to make you go to the Canadian site. You can fix it by erasing your cookies or an easier way is to go to the top left of our homepage and right next to where it says GoDaddy there is a drop down for language and country. Pick US and it should remember that.

huh ) Strange ) Never did that selection ) Maybe, GD sensed I have a Canadian spirit )) I do love hockey, by the way )

Can you please make sure the testing is kept limited to Canada? Never had a buyer from there anyway :-D Just kidding )

•••
Still .club is the default tld.
.COM and .ORG buried somewhere deep.

@Dynadot must be underestimating the long term effect this alienation can have.
I already feel uncomfortable searching on Dynadot - and to think they are my second most favorite registrar.

It appears Dynadot doesn't care what the customer wants, but what they choose to sell. Not looking good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back