Dynadot

advice You Might Want to Accept the First Counter Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
One of the most exciting aspects of buying and selling domain names is the negotiation. You have a purchase or sale price in mind, the other party has their price in mind, and you go back and forth in the hopes of closing a deal. Based on my experience, sometimes it is better to accept the first counter offer and just close the deal than risk losing the deal by counter offering.
When I counter offer, I am effectively saying “no” to the current asking price, and that means that there is no longer a deal on the table. As far as I understand (from a non-lawyer perspective), if I decline the counter offer and change my mind later, the seller has no legal obligation to honor the price at which he offered the domain name. In an effort to save some money, I may end up losing the opportunity to buy the domain name. That is a big risk when countering, especially if the counter offer is reasonable...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back