NameSilo

You know someone is pretty poverty when they scam u for $16

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well, I bought 2 domains from a member with 100+ posts , nickname Topdomain and once I paid, about 36 hours ago I was asked for my transfer whois info, gave it back in pm, then this member replies, " It will be 24 to 72 hours before your ownership shows up in the whois"

I replied that it does not take that long to transfer ownership of a domain, but it does sometimes to update the whois details webwide.

I say that I want to see it was transfered to me , I should be getting an email right away from the registrar with my pickup code information for ownership transfer of the domain. There are two domains in question on this $16 dollar transaction and one of them is with tucows, they send a notification quickly the last time I checked.

Anyhow, this is the reply I got from the seller, after sending the funds and debating the time it takes to get ownership of the domains.

" dear .. reply
dear i have sold a few domains and i know the exact procedure for transfer so dont worry .. i will make you happy and you will have 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed .. i will email you tomorow to show your domain ownership.. Tucows may email you as well ,, but i will definately"

What is up with that, anyone heard anything like this before? This has gotta be the most poverty move I have ever witnessed in my life. I just messaged this seller tonight on here when he was on and said I wanted to resolve this in private, otherwise I will just make it public, I never got a reply, user was logged in for a good amount of time to read this message as well.

Anyhow... What would you do in this case?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have sent a PM to topdomain, asking them to respond to the thread.

I don't know the specifics of this situation, but some registrars do still have unusual procedures these days. I'm in the middle of a .US domain transfer from a UK company that you wouldn't believe. Who is the other registrar, besides Tucows?

36 hours seems like a lot of time, but some folks don't move as fast as you or I. Before assuming the worst, let's give them a chance to explain and resolve this.

•••
-db- said:
I have sent a PM to topdomain, asking them to respond to the thread.

I don't know the specifics of this situation, but some registrars do still have unusual procedures these days. I'm in the middle of a .US domain transfer from a UK company that you wouldn't believe. Who is the other registrar, besides Tucows?

36 hours seems like a lot of time, but some folks don't move as fast as you or I. Before assuming the worst, let's give them a chance to explain and resolve this.
They are both on tucows actually, I just checked the whois again. And one of them is still at sedo.

The one still at sedo is iecredit.com the other one is vue4.com

The thread with my sold post to this sellers offer can be found by searching my post history, it is my 3rd last post I believe.

•••
Thank you for your assistance, this issue has been resolved, the seller emailed me about 1 hour ago ) time now is wednesday sep 13, 2006 17:05 with login information to his domain account and I logged in, the info was changed and I changed the password, it seems all good now.

Thank you again for your help,

•••
I have delt with this guy last week and I can say that he's not honest and not a good person to deal with. Made me delay my site sale for 3 days.

Well, all I can say is that I'm sorry I found this thread too late as I wouldn't have wasted my time with this guy.

Just left him negative feedback.

All the best,
SW

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back