Dynadot

Is this a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

none11

Established Member
Impact
NOTE: This was my first time I had someone contact me I'm pretty new into domain business so..

So recently I was contacted by someone who pointed out a specific domain that I have he said his investor is interested in purchasing and asked me if I had any more good domains and if I would be interested in selling them.

So I emailed that person saying I'm not really interested in selling that specific domain if the price is right I might consider it also sent him a few more domains that I own...

And I got this as a reply back

My client offers 55000 usd for all these names (package deal).

I will help you to finish this sale. I'm very interested in finishing this sale as soon as possible because my client pays me a good commission based on a sale price.

Please send us an official certificate of market price (appraisal) with the trademark infringement verification (some appraisal companies include the TM verification in the appraisal at no cost). The appraisal should be issued by an independent source. You cannot order it at the place where your domains were listed for sale. This is just a formality but my client will not proceed without this because he needs it for his accounting department and tax purposes.

If you don't have an appraisal with the TM verification please don't worry. It will take only 1-2 minutes to order and won't cost you a fortune. You will get the results within one day via email. To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this:http://archive.answers-google.org/answers/threadview/id/185362.html

Go to the official appraisal site and submit your domains for the valuation with the TM verification. Please specify in comments you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. My investor pays me a commission on every purchase based on the final sale price so I'm not interested in low appraisals too.

2. After we receive the appraisal we'll arrange the payment to you. I suggest to use an escrow service. It will protect both parties during the transaction.

If you are new to this process I can help you with a step by step instructions. Feel free to ask me any questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
THE CLASSIC SCAM

They want you to buy an appraisal, just ignore them...

•••
@none11 The client doesn't exist. The person emailing you either owns or is affiliated with the appraisal site recommended in the archived Google thread (which isn't real either). Once you purchase the appraisals, they get their money and disappear. You'll never see the $55K they're baiting you with.

Last edited:
•••
Appreciate the responses that's all I needed to hear thanks.

PLEAS CLOSE THIS THREAD.

•••
2 years ago they contacted me and I told them that the site is suspicious and was only 1 year old. I suggested that I use another appraisal service and they never replied. I wish there is a way to stop them!

•••
2 years ago they contacted me and I told them that the site is suspicious and was only 1 year old. I suggested that I use another appraisal service and they never replied. I wish there is a way to stop them!

Most police departments / law enforcements will probably never prioritize this kind of behavior, so the best way is probably that we spread the word (and ridicule the crooks behind it). Just as happened with the Nigeria scamming guys. I think their activity has become less and less common, as common people are aware of it nowadays.

•••
Wow! I got the same email today

•••
Back