NameSilo

Is this a scam?

Located in Warnings and Alerts, started by none11, Aug 27, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. none11

none11 Established Member

NOTE: This was my first time I had someone contact me I'm pretty new into domain business so..

So recently I was contacted by someone who pointed out a specific domain that I have he said his investor is interested in purchasing and asked me if I had any more good domains and if I would be interested in selling them.

So I emailed that person saying I'm not really interested in selling that specific domain if the price is right I might consider it also sent him a few more domains that I own...

And I got this as a reply back

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. RWD

RWD Established Member

THE CLASSIC SCAM

They want you to buy an appraisal, just ignore them...

3. NameClerk.com

NameClerk.com Bill E. VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

@none11 The client doesn't exist. The person emailing you either owns or is affiliated with the appraisal site recommended in the archived Google thread (which isn't real either). Once you purchase the appraisals, they get their money and disappear. You'll never see the $55K they're baiting you with.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  4. none11

none11 Established Member

Appreciate the responses that's all I needed to hear thanks.

PLEAS CLOSE THIS THREAD.

5. BrandChimp

BrandChimp SAV.COM AVOID VIP

2 years ago they contacted me and I told them that the site is suspicious and was only 1 year old. I suggested that I use another appraisal service and they never replied. I wish there is a way to stop them!

6. Fancy.domains

Fancy.domains Selling gTLDs like delicious hotcakes VIP Gold Account

Most police departments / law enforcements will probably never prioritize this kind of behavior, so the best way is probably that we spread the word (and ridicule the crooks behind it). Just as happened with the Nigeria scamming guys. I think their activity has become less and less common, as common people are aware of it nowadays.

7. thoewil

thoewil Established Member

Wow! I got the same email today

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice