IT.COM

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But you agreed..
Btw it would have been a nice acquisition. I mean, If you say that you are able to sell smartphone for 2.5m I don't think you will have any problem flipping a 95k in fastfood.

Well I agreed. But why I agreed should also be taken in consideration.
Regarding smartphone , it's such a nice domain , everyone has smartphone.
Any other domainer can also sell it .
Big domainers who have contacts can sell it for at least 4-5 million like they did for crypto..

•••
It doesn't matter imo. You made an offer and want to back out. This is one of the main problems the domain industry has; people make offers that get accepted and then don't pay. You should have "meditated" before making the offer. So both the 250k offer person and you should be banned.

Last edited:
•••
It doesn't matter imo. You made an offer and want to back out. This is one of the main problems the domain industry has; people make offers that get accepted and then don't pay. You should have "meditated" before making the offer. So both the 250k offer person and you should be banned.
Does the only thing which matters is making an offer. Or there must be some rules to prevent buyer and sellers from fraud as well. What are the responsibilities of domain platform...
Shall they not give info about domain name listed on their platform.
And for your happiness let me tell you I am already banned since last some months on sedo...

•••
I dont like buyers like you, Sedo did everything right when banned you.

•••
I dont like buyers like you, Sedo did everything right when banned you.
Well my survival don't depend on your liking towards me.
You guys are thinking from seller's perspective , try to think about buyer's perspective as well.
And sedo is not God in domains. They can ban me. After their ban only I started doing outbound more which yielded results....

•••
FYI many reported sales, never go thru, never get paid, or get renewed before completion of transfer.

There is a lot of skewed data out there, and best to call them out on Twitter, or namepros than put false $95k bids, as you are no better in your own direct actions.

•••
FYI many reported sales, never go thru, never get paid, or get renewed before completion of transfer.

There is a lot of skewed data out there, and best to call them out on Twitter, or namepros than put false $95k bids, as you are no better in your own direct actions.
Will keep in mind. Was under impression that if a sale has been reported. Its completed. Both money and domain transfer has took place....

•••
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo ..

Shorter: When they immediately accepted my first offer, I realized I could have bought the domain cheaper. Now I'm mad they didn't succumb to my master plan to save 50K.

Last edited:
•••
@barybadrinath, lets say the domain was really sold for 250k before, then you offered 95k and the new owner acepted it because he needed money.. then... then you try to flip it, but dont get any offer.. so, would you claim to ex-owner or to sedo there is no demand on your domain?

•••
Maybe he didn't have 95K and was shocked when they accepted. Was REALLY shocked when SEDO said they expected him to honor their contract.

•••
Will keep in mind. Was under impression that if a sale has been reported. Its completed. Both money and domain transfer has took place....
Not even close. Many godady domains sold, but got renewed after, but get reported.

This causes a false narrative, I’m not sure about sedo, customer support is not good over there, they were first to market, and they rely heavily on direct parking page sales, and getting some older big ticket names to broker to keep the commission rolling in.

Godaddy has really taken a big bite of their business.

If anyone has ever looked at sedo custmer support chat hours, it shows maybe a greater effort can be made to provide better customer support:

Chat hours are listed below.
Monday - Friday: Closed
Saturday: 09:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
Sunday: Closed

I think people should focus more on what domain is worth, and not the back sales history behind it, otherwise you have already lost.

Last edited:
•••
Shorter: When they immediately accepted my first offer, I realized I could have bought the domain cheaper. Now I'm mad they didn't succumb to my master plan to save 50K.
Lol.. wrong assumption..
If i wanted it cheap I could have make first bid of 50k. I put my first bid in the range of 15-20% of traded price. I read somewhere all big domainers try to get domain for 15-25% value of what they think domain is worth of

•••
@barybadrinath, lets say the domain was really sold for 250k before, then you offered 95k and the new owner acepted it because he needed money.. then... then you try to flip it, but dont get any offer.. so, would you claim to ex-owner or to sedo there is no demand on your domain?
Are you nuts. Perhaps you follow this strategy to market domain name before even acquiring it. I dont do that.

•••
Lol.. wrong assumption..
If i wanted it cheap I could have make first bid of 50k. I put my first bid in the range of 15-20% of traded price. I read somewhere all big domainers try to get domain for 15-25% value of what they think domain is worth of

You admit you had second thoughts the next day because you offered to much. Doesn't matter why; It's called buyers remorse and it happens to everyone.

•••
Not even close. Many godady domains sold, but got renewed after, but get reported.

This causes a false narrative, I’m not sure about sedo, customer support is not good over there, they were first to market, and they rely heavily on direct parking page sales, and getting some older big ticket names to broker to keep the commission rolling in.

Godaddy has really taken a big bite of their business.

If anyone has ever looked at sedo custmer support chat hours, it shows maybe a greater effort can be made to provide better customer support:

Chat hours are listed below.
Monday - Friday: Closed
Saturday: 09:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
Sunday: Closed

I think people should focus more on what domain is worth, and not the back sales history behind it, otherwise you have already lost.

In India if someone says they have sold something it means they have given the asset to buyer and money has been credited in account. Did not know that even if money has not been paid , it comes under sale category in your world.

•••
Only thing worse than buyers remorse is sellers remorse.

•••
You admit you had second thoughts the next day because you offered to much. Doesn't matter why; It's called buyers remorse and it happens to everyone.
You are wrong again. I had no remorse for 95k. I started getting remorse only after I came to know that auction was never paid...

•••
Are you nuts. Perhaps you follow this strategy to market domain name before even acquiring it. I dont do that.
the only nuts here is you, and all say you the same...
sedo did evrything right, I even would suggest all domain market should colaborate and share this kind of info between them, and if you get ban at sedo, you get ban on another aftermarkets too..

•••
the only nuts here is you, and all say you the same...
sedo did evrything right, I even would suggest all domain market should colaborate and share this kind of info between them, and if you get ban at sedo, you would get ban on another aftermarkets too..
You can do that whatever you wanna do. May be you are part of their unethical leagues. Perhaps you have sold domain names to people by creating false bidding.. for you , your domain name must get sold , right. Doesn't matter how many false narratives you need to create for it.
We don't do business that way by breaking trust and relying on wrong info.
Even if all domain platform bans me , you wont be able to stop me from domains.. internet and domains are not your exclusive property..

•••
Maybe he didn't have 95K and was shocked when they accepted. Was REALLY shocked when SEDO said they expected him to honor their contract.
Sedo was not interested in me honoring their contract. They were just interested in their commission which they lost. In some of their last emails they mentioned that if I pay their commission my account wont be blocked. Now you understand their motives..

•••
You can do that whatever you wanna do. May be you are part of their unethical leagues. Perhaps you have sold domain names to people by creating false bidding.. for you , your domain name must get sold , right. Doesn't matter how many false narratives you need to create for it.
We don't do business that way by breaking trust and relying on wrong info.
Even if all domain platform bans me , you wont be able to stop me from domains.. internet and domains are not your exclusive property..
I would suggets tou take care of your mental health, it seams you have serious problems

•••
I was in a hurry last night and linked to some iffy site, that scrapes data and saw my name mentioned
i also see there is 120 more posts to read just from last night, I am on page 1 and not wasting anymore time on this. http://dnpric.es/?q=fastfood
sold june 2014 for 500,000$ sedo
Master of my domains has posted some links. Kindly see them and i am working to send you link as well

•••
I would suggets tou take care of your mental health, it seams you have serious problems
I will. Don't worry about it.
I suggest you go and visit someone who can teach you ethics in business..

•••
I will. Don't worry about it.
I suggest you go and visit someone who can teach you ethics in business..
Lol, you are talking about ethics in business?

•••
In India if someone says they have sold something it means they have given the asset to buyer and money has been credited in account. Did not know that even if money has not been paid , it comes under sale category in your world.

I live in the same World as you.

There is a lot of growth out of India, but economies of scale still make the lucrative .com market a tough entry point on some of the higher quality inventory. With this comes a lot of spam, and other false bidding actions as there is no real fear of recourse.

Do you think someone in Germany would think twice before putting a $95k fake offer on sedo, which takes a higher tier of authorization? No, they wouldn’t because sedo would take action, but given many have nothing to lose, they continue to break many rules, in which case their are global consequences that we all have to pay for.

Now if sales sites are aggregating sales data simply on closing, and not actual paid completed sales which takes time to verify then you have to take that with a grain of salt as they say.

What you are doing is being lazy, just because myspace.com was worth billions 10 years ago, doesn’t mean it’s worth billions, and then some today.

Even past name sales dealing with old technology, old trends have high sales amounts, they are not relevant today.

If CryptoWorld.com was on the market for $95K after selling for $195K, would you be all over it?

You can’t blame, or rely on companies to give you verifiable data, that is your job. By placing fake 6 figure bids to test the fail sale of a sale will only get you banned from every platform, in which case you might as well quit this industry.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back