Domain Empire

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree by this statement of yours ... But what i am trying to say is if sedo has publicly posted about it , they should have at least mentioned little info about it with the domain itself.

Sedo didn't DNPric.es did, I can post on my blog right now I sold Jozie.com at Sedo for $200,000. Sedo is not reading every blog post on every website on the Internet. Again DNPric.es saw an auction close and posted it as sold at SEDO, @Sedo said nothing about FastFood.com.

•••
Just wondering... If you can't do any decent research as it's 'too complicated' in your part of the world, why the hell are you buying 95K domains?

It would've been nice if sedo retracted the past sales price but... Sedo is the broker for the seller. Not for you. You compared it to real estate somewhere. Now whenever I buy a property I get a professional valuation from my own broker and don't trust a word the seller says. I don't just go and check past sales. Past sales mean absolutely nothing.
I will keep this in mind that past sales mean nothing. And in my view sedo might be a broker for seller but it does not mean that they will put wrong info about the asset. They have obligations towards buyer's interests as well if they are neutral company.

•••
Sedo didn't DNPric.es did, I can post on my blog right now I sold Jozie.com at Sedo for $200,000. Sedo is not reading every blog post on every website on the Internet. Again DNPric.es saw an auction close and posted it as sold at SEDO, @Sedo said nothing about FastFood.com.
So it means anyone can come and post info about anyone. Whether verified or not.

•••
Just wondering... If you can't do any decent research as it's 'too complicated' in your part of the world, why the hell are you buying 95K domains?

It would've been nice if sedo retracted the past sales price but... Sedo is the broker for the seller. Not for you. You compared it to real estate somewhere. Now whenever I buy a property I get a professional valuation from my own broker and don't trust a word the seller says. I don't just go and check past sales. Past sales mean absolutely nothing.

Sedo said nothing, DNPric.es said it sold, they were wrong and not thorough in their business practices.

•••
So it means anyone can come and post info about anyone. Whether verified or not.

Of course they can, it's a free world, who is going to prevent someone from posting something on their own website? Who is going to say DNPric.es take that down or else! Or else what?

•••
And if sedo can't watch over what other websites are writing about sedo sales than I think sedo must find a way for it.
At last there are not much websites who post name sales

•••
You really have more money than brains, don't you? :facepalm:
I'm sorry you are in this position but use it as a learning lesson.
You and me can have a competition on maths and we see than whose brain is more activated

•••
And if sedo can't watch over what other websites are writing about sedo sales than I think sedo must find a way for it.

Oh give me a freaking break...

I suppose you are going to say that Donald Trump should have 100% control over every bad comment said about him?

Or Google, or Apple?

It is your fault for blinding believing fake news. Go after the site that falsely claimed it sold when it did not.

•••
You and me can have a competition on maths and we see than whose brain is more activated

You do know domaining is not about math right? It is about reading people and having street smarts... You have been domaining far longer than me... YEt how the heck does my wife, who only has her 2 domains know about whois lookups and looking at archive.org and other sites to check basic facts?!

•••
Oh give me a freaking break...

I suppose you are going to say that Donald Trump should have 100% control over every bad comment said about him?

Or Google, or Apple?

It is your fault for blinding believing fake news. Go after the site that falsely claimed it sold when it did not.

Hey man I have made my point. My point was for new domainers irrespective of the part of world. You may have sold or bought lot of domains but still you can't justify wrong doings of sedo fully.
Sedo is at fault as well and let new domainers decide on their own..

•••
You do know domaining is not about math right? It is about reading people and having street smarts... You have been domaining far longer than me... YEt how the heck does my wife, who only has her 2 domains know about whois lookups and looking at archive.org and other sites to check basic facts?!
She must be having a smarter husband than. I am not that smarter and yes domaining is somewhat maths also.it id also identifying opportunity , making contacts , branding , marketing and having negotiation tactic...the calculation which you do before buying or selling is maths

•••
Hey man I have made my point. My point was for new domainers irrespective of the part of world. You may have sold or bought lot of domains but still you can't justify wrong doings of sedo fully.
Sedo is at fault as well and let new domainers decide on their own..

So far not one person here has said Sedo did anything wrong. And I sell very little domains, I mostly buy and develop then sell or add to portfolio. lol.

Again, you were given FACTS that sedo never said it was sold. Unless you live in North Korea, you have access to the same websites everyone else does. You believed some made up story and never bothered to verify it with Sedo or any credible sources.

What is most bothersome here is your lack of ethics and wanting to find someone else responsible for your own mistakes.

•••

There are places all over the Internet that discuss sales prices of domain names, that no one could track. I personally over the years have seen people mention domain sales prices on Bodybuilding forums, adult forums, Reddit, Blackhat hacking forums, Graphic design forums, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr. No company would have a way to track everything.

But this is usually what this community does, if you see an auction close, it should always be name closed at, not sold, I write a daily report everyday, and if it was a sale at Sedo I say it sold, if it closed at NameJet or GoDaddy I say the high close not the high sale for the day. @Michael provides a service that helps people track sales, he will tell you he has no way of knowing if someone paid GoDaddy or NameJet, I email Michael every month, letting him know things I have seen which means a name might not have sold, he researches and if he agrees he removes it. This is being done for free. If someone had posted FASTFOOD.com sold for $500,000 I would have posted well it closed at $500,000 let's see if it gets paid, and a lot of other members here would do the same. When it doesn't we ask questions, I have been asking @Joe Styler for months about 6666666.com https://www.namepros.com/threads/6666666-com-now-up-to-99-999-will-it-get-paid.1102950/page-2

•••
She must be having a smarter husband than. I am not that smarter and yes domaining is somewhat maths also.it id also identifying opportunity , making contacts , branding , marketing and having negotiation tactic...the calculation which you do before buying or selling is maths

Great... where was that math when you decided on $95k? Or was it the greed that "someone was going to pay $500k for it, so I am getting a really good deal for $95"

In any case, I've dolled out more than enough free education... but it doesn't really seem like you care. Any more and I would have to charge you.

But if you want, I have some $1,000,000 domains I will sell for $50.

•••
So far not one person here has said Sedo did anything wrong. And I sell very little domains, I mostly buy and develop then sell or add to portfolio. lol.

Again, you were given FACTS that sedo never said it was sold. Unless you live in North Korea, you have access to the same websites everyone else does. You believed some made up story and never bothered to verify it with Sedo or any credible sources.

What is most bothersome here is your lack of ethics and wanting to find someone else responsible for your own mistakes.
O really. I am right and I still believe on this. And for your info I have some pm mentioning that sedo is also at fault .
Many big domainers already told me about it before..
I did not specifically ask what you think about sedo . I asked from whole community. And I have got my answer

•••
O really. I am right and I still believe on this. And for your info I have some pm mentioning that sedo is also at fault .
I did not specifically ask what you think about sedo . I asked from whole community. And I have got my answer

Who said Sedo was at fault, those people should stand and be accounted and possibly sued by Sedo for slander or libelous statements.

This case, FastFood.com is very clear, I laid it all out. DNPric.es said it sold, not Sedo not @Ron Jackson and not @Michael.

•••
There are places all over the Internet that discuss sales prices of domain names, that no one could track. I personally over the years have seen people mention domain sales prices on Bodybuilding forums, adult forums, Reddit, Blackhat hacking forums, Graphic design forums, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr. No company would have a way to track everything.

But this is usually what this community does, if you see an auction close, it should always be name closed at, not sold, I write a daily report everyday, and if it was a sale at Sedo I say it sold, if it closed at NameJet or GoDaddy I say the high close not the high sale for the day. @Michael provides a service that helps people track sales, he will tell you he has no way of knowing if someone paid GoDaddy or NameJet, I email Michael every month, letting him know things I have seen which means a name might not have sold, he researches and if he agrees he removes it. This is being done for free. If someone had posted FASTFOOD.com sold for $500,000 I would have posted well it closed at $500,000 let's see if it gets paid, and a lot of other members here would do the same. When it doesn't we ask questions, I have been asking @Joe Styler for months about 6666666.com https://www.namepros.com/threads/6666666-com-now-up-to-99-999-will-it-get-paid.1102950/page-2

I did not difference between sold or closed . When I saw fastfood.com listed for 500k as "similar sales" , I thought its a deal which has been done.
So i took the words mentioned on the domains by face value... I believed thedomains because i am following it since very long.
And from where thedomains got this info , I did not care to dig much..

•••

Well... The whole community seems to think you are at fault so... If you can show us proof of Sedo mentioning the sale I'd give you that. Still doesn't take away the fact you didn't honor a binding contract.

•••
Some people will never listen to reason.

I don't like SEDO as a company and would never voluntarily do business with them.

And yet clearly SEDO is fully right and @barybadrinath is fully wrong and unethical, making up all kind of bullshit excuses. There are no nuances. He's just regretting his purchase decision and fears overpaying for the domain at his own offer level.

@barybadrinath you're making a strong case for people here never want to do business with you.

•••
Great... where was that math when you decided on $95k? Or was it the greed that "someone was going to pay $500k for it, so I am getting a really good deal for $95"

In any case, I've dolled out more than enough free education... but it doesn't really seem like you care. Any more and I would have to charge you.

I don't need your free info. Every domainer has greed and money need. I am sure you are not selling domains for charity else you would have not taught your wife about it.
And how the hell does it matter to you that how much I am offering for any domain. Am I asking money from you.
I don't think you have any right to comment on my offers..
If you wanna ask about my ethics ask from people who have done business with me here on namepros..

•••

Fastfood.mobi... sold for $3500 previously, now available for just $500 :)

•••
Some people will never listen to reason.

I don't like SEDO as a company and would never voluntarily do business with them.

And yet clearly SEDO is fully right and @barybadrinath is fully wrong and unethical, making up all kind of bullsh*t excuses. There are no nuances. He's just regretting his purchase decision and fears overpaying for the domain at his own offer level.

@barybadrinath you're making a strong case for people here never want to do business with you.

I am again saying if the sale price of 500k would have been reported as sold on platform other than sedo , I would have honoured the binding agreement.
If I am wrong in not paying binding contract than hormone.com owner is also wrong for not giving the domain after a month of negotiations on sedo even though the money was sent

•••
I did not difference between sold or closed . When I saw fastfood.com listed for 500k as "similar sales" , I thought its a deal which has been done.
So i took the words mentioned on the domains by face value... I believed thedomains because i am following it since very long.
And from where thedomains got this info , I did not care to dig much..

TheDomains highlighted a report from DNPric.es it was their content not ours. Now if someone had posted, Fastfood.com sold for $500,000? I would have looked into it, contacted @Ron Jackson contacted @Sedo.

The bottom line I get you saw a price and mistook it for a confirmed deal, but what does that have to do with anything about trying to buy it later. Because names that actually did sell get sold again for less, no scam. Someone bought too high now needs or wants money.

Take a look at ipets.com sold for $75,000 in 2008 and then $12,777 in 2018.
https://www.thedomains.com/2018/04/21/ipets-com-sells-for-12777-only-62223-less-than-a-decade-ago/

Research at TheDomains would have shown, https://www.thedomains.com/2015/02/13/sedo-publishes-its-biggest-public-sales-of-2014/ No mention of FastFood.com.

•••
You made offer, the seller acepted it..
You dont want to pay..
Thats all what I see..

•••
https://www.thedomains.com/2015/12/...n-sales-tops-1m-total-sales-tops-1-6-billion/

The word fastfood appeared on your website sir. Very politely I am saying. I can see it on your webpage .. now whose content is it or whose is not , how does it matter to me. I trusted your blog since starting and will always trust but if this is wrong info then at least you must have not verified it before posting....
Why did you post in public domain if today you are saying that dnpric.es may be fake news...
Sedo might be your friend but at least me look towards these newsletter for domain Info

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back