NameSilo

Yet another scam from Huge Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I stumbled upon an interesting scam that Huge Domains is doing.

I picked up an expired domain that use to belong to them.

I went to the third party sites that the domain was listed at and provided new ownership information, removing the listing.

A little while later, Huge Domains provided old information to these third party sites, and re-listed the domains for sale.

What's more is that they still list the domain for sale on their site, many months after the ownership change.

For a company that preys upon taking peoples domains that they fail to renew, you would think they would have the ability to ...you know...let a domain go.. and accept it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The way I posted it allowed everyone to draw their own conclusions.

That you did.

And the first conclusion I drew was, CONSPIRACY!!!

Ha.

Then I challenged that thought, and came up with the above explanation as to why there's such a large ratio of new member to old member participating in this thread.

And posted it so those newbies don't get hassled by conspiracies.

•••
thanks for warning. wont buy anything from them. didnt even know about them lol.

•••
•••
Speaking of domains listed by the previous owners, i have a few. I bought them and they sare still listed. I think kt has to do with some integrated system with Godaddy. On one domain, I called Godaddy and they help take that listing off. The other ones I didn't care. I think I let them drop already.

Was your name still listed on Huge Domains? It might not be intentional.

Some of names, when I enter them on to domaintools, it says it's for sale and it has a price on it. I think it's good because someone else list it for sale for you. In the end it a buyer wants it, he'll end up coming to you. Less work for you.

•••
Hi garptrader, I'm a student who's been buying and selling domains for a while and even sold one domain for 4 figures a while ago. I don't understand how you can say "Even domainers who only have a few hundred domains". Wouldn't like 400 .tv or .com domains be like 4000-14000 euro per year? That's an insane amount of money. How can hd afford to buy 2 million domains when I'm sure 97% of their domains aren't being sold! It makes no sense to me, how can you and companies like hugedomains buy so many domains when the cost is so high. Are you guys somehow buying domains for really cheap?

HD snaps up cheap domains, indeed - my old one (ihrtn.com) is a good example

Last edited:
•••
It is technically correct statement that hugedomains does not always delete domains they no longer own from their sales website, as well as from afternic and sedo. I myself had issues trying to add some of _my_ new domains to both marketplaces and found that they were already listed by somebody else, and this somebody happened to be hugedomains. The problem is of course not specific to hugedomains, as there are a lot of sellers who never bother to clean their portfolios.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't say they are scammers, but I would question the moral business compass of the entire industry, godaddy included... I had a domain on back order with godaddy for 2 years, it dropped to auction and I was the only bidder on a $10 domain name, with 2 hours to go....

3 hours later godaddy contacted me to tell me I had lost the auction.. They then offered to help me buy the domain name from the winner for $10,000, which as you can guess I declined - I am not a corporation, just a normal joe. The domain then popped up with hugedomains, who I assume were the bidder by proxy and likely have access to a godaddy api (which is closed for new companies wishing to join the party and has been for years) that gives them unprecedented access to domain auctions. I am pretty grumpy as you can imagine and I think the entire practice is immoral, basically nabbing domain names from people just before they can buy them and then trying to sell them back at 1000% profit... I would probably pay $1000 for the domain but not the eye-watering $5000 it is still being offered at, just depressing....

Last edited:
•••
•••
let a domain go.. and accept it.

Surely they were letting the domain go... but they not letting the opportunity for getting money from it LOL

•••
Are hugedomains and dropcatch.com affiliates? If so, I as well have a problem

And what can you as a totally new account or duplicate np id explain what is the problem?

•••
•••
Now that you mention it, I have never seen so many new members in a topic.

Show attachment 120040 Show attachment 120041 Show attachment 120042

Not everything's a conspiracy.

Think about how you first found namePros.

Some find it through Google while searching a particular topic. I think lots find namePros while looking to appraise their domains. Hence (I assume) one of the reasons why @Eric Lyon puts so much time effort into appraisals. And why some members spend quality time in the welcome section. By quality time, I don't mean posting "welcome" and liking every other post in the thread with hopes of increasing your like count. More so talking about new member recruitment through positive first experiences.

It seems more likely to me that the new members posting in this thread, found this page via searching for HugeDomains + Scam. And decided to create a nP account to comment. If a topic brings one new member through search engine results, odds are, it will bring new more members.

Last edited:
•••
Not everything's a conspiracy.

Think about how you first found namePros.

Some find it through Google while searching a particular topic. I think lots find namePros while looking to appraise their domains. Hence (I assume) one of the reasons why @Eric Lyon puts so much time effort into appraisals. And why some members spend quality time in the welcome section. By quality time, I don't mean posting "welcome" and liking every other post in the thread with hopes of increasing your like count. More so talking about new member recruitment through positive first experiences.

It seems more likely to me that the new members posting in this thread, found this page via searching for HugeDomains + Scam. And decided to create a nP account to comment. If a topic brings one new member through search engine results, odds are, it will bring new more members.

The way I posted it allowed everyone to draw their own conclusions.

•••
domainhacks,

Tell me the domain in a PM and I will investigate what you are saying. I agree with others here, did you contact us about this issue before calling us scammers?

-Andrew
you extorted me on thousands of dollars knowing full well of my depression and my suicidal tendencies because of you i had to be stopped by someone and because of you it may happen again, so don't act like you don't know exactly what you're doing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back