Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The issue I have is even great English branding terms sell for like mid $X,XXX or less.

This might be a solid term in Arabic, but it is still a .NET which has a far lower ceiling.

There is no doubt it has end users, but I think the likelihood of making a sale above a few thousand is limited (unless it was to the .COM buyer for brand protection).

Brad
I'm saying over $ 5000 by close of auction on Wednesday. So are you saying less than $ 2000?

•••
I'm saying over $ 5000 by close of auction on Wednesday. So are you saying less than $ 2000?
I have no idea what someone will pay at auction. It might sell for more because of the .COM sale and because there is attention on it.

I would not pay either personally.

So this term means "Let's Go" in Arabic....What is LetsGo.net even worth? I would not pay many thousands for it as an investor.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Not that often I disagree with you @bmugford. But on this one I do. Strongly. High demand. Low availability. Even https://yalla.uk/ is taken and developed. I think you are underestimating the significance of the word yalla in the Arabic world. https://twitter.com/search?q=yalla&src=typed_query&f=live.

The issue I have is even great English branding terms sell for like mid $X,XXX or less.

This might be a solid term in Arabic, but it is still a .NET which has a far lower ceiling.

There is no doubt it has end users, but I think the likelihood of making a sale above a few thousand is limited (unless it was to the .COM buyer for brand protection).

Brad
It's tricky, while it is a strong & very common term, I think the fact that there are other variations of it doesn't help other extensions. For example, Yallah, Yala, those are valid variations, because it's not actual Arabic, it's Arabic in English letters (mostly for internet/chat apps etc) & I imagine companies would have no problem branding with those.

So I don't know about wholesale value, but I can't imagine it fetching top dollar retail(unless for brand protection), in other extensions. I think businesses in Arabic speaking areas opt for cctld & com, sometimes on .net if the .com is out of reach.

I will say this, in my mind, because how common Yalla is, I think it works well on .net, xyz & even (.org, like Yalla let's end poverty) or whatever. It's such a positive term. But again, it works doesn't mean it'll get big bucks retail.

Last edited:
•••
  • yallah 50 extn
  • yala 106 extn
  • allah ( pbuh out of respect ) 170 extn
  • arabic 164 extn
  • yalla 212 extn

Last edited:
•••
  • yallah 50 extn
  • yala 106 extn
  • allah ( pbuh out of respect ) 170 extn
  • arabic 164 extn
  • yalla 212 extn
pbuh is used for our prophet pbuh:xf.cool: but thanks, that's cool.

Yeah, Yalla is the most popular spelling. but still, that's unwanted competition IMHO, 50 & 106 not bad I think.

Take my name as an example, some spell it with an E Mohammed, some with an A like I do, some with a U Muhammad, all that is because it's not actual Arabic. In Arabic, it's written the same way.

Last edited:
•••
I still think everyone is underestimating the popularity of this word in the Arabic world.
  • hadji 21 extn
  • hadj 27 extn
  • yallah 50 extn
  • mosque 75 extn
  • koran 82 extn
  • arabs 86 extn
  • muhammad 101 extn
  • mohammed 106 extn
  • yala 106 extn
  • haj 108 extn
  • hajj 121 extn
  • mecca 123 extn
  • allah 170 extn
  • islamic 170 extn
  • arabic 164 extn
  • yalla 212 extn
  • quran 239 extn
  • arab 242 extn
  • muslim 299 extn
  • islam 350 extn

Last edited:
•••
Hundreds sales

Aflam.com 38k
Aswaq.com 35k
Tasawoq.com
Qnb.com qatar bank 1million$
Arabia.com 800k$

Thousands More sales / i typed fast

Last edited:
•••
I bought and sold thousands of arabic domains since 20years+
At namebio
I'm the buyer of tasjeel.com & tasjeel.net
For 1409 dotcom and 950 for net
RESELLER PRICE, I resold them for xx,xxx$ just example

Hundreds arabic domain Name sales weekly private or through dan, afternic, sedo and biggest at Escrow.com

I already sent offer of 10k$ in cash 3 days before yalla auction for domain ramadan.com which owned by @Bashar and still i would offer more,but I know the domain worth in 100k+

Last edited:
•••
Al-Islam.com
With dash and AL which mean (The) in arabic sold 6 months ago at Godaddy expired Auction for 45k$ war auction
Not Islam, not alislam but Al-Islam

Al-Islam.com = The-Islam.com in arabic

Alqabas.com sold 37k namebio
Many many more

Alhadath.com 14k
Alhadath.tv 1500$
Sold to alarabiya tv channel
And alhadath now very popular TV news channel like aljazeera and alarabiya

Bab.com
Baab.com 40k$
Both mean door in arabic , arabic websites
Sa3at.com watches / arabic chat language 14k$

Last edited:
•••
@bmugford
7 or 10 years ago in your datacube website
Was a domain name listed
Shams.com if my memory good
Shams.com arabickiller term mean 🌞 Sun
Huge uses in arab games, chat, beauty, art
Shams not lesser too much in value than yalla

•••
@bmugford
7 or 10 years ago in your datacube website
Was a domain name listed
Shams.com if my memory good
Shams.com arabickiller term mean 🌞 Sun
Huge uses in arab games, chat, beauty, art
Shams not lesser too much in value than yalla
I sold it years ago. I wish I still owned it.

At the time I was happy with the price. I am sure it would sell for much more now.

Brad

•••
So who was the previous owner and why was it dropped?

•••
Tasweeq.com which top prime term for marketing.com in arabic language
I owned Tasweeg.com registered since 2000, taken in many other different extension which all, old registration
My term huge use in the Arab/ Gulf which countries like uae, dubai, kuwait, and half of Egypt spell it g not q at the end of the name

But the story about Tasweeq.com tiptop term, which owned by Kuwaiti domain trader who owned just around 20 Domains all of them the tiptop Arabic Language words

In 2010/2011 I was the middleman for Tasweeq.com.qa the Qatari petroleum Company.
We started with the domain owner at 5k and we increased offers to 95k$ but domain owner never accept and the marketing manager at the Qatari company said for me as a domain only my company budget can't afford more.

And the owner still asking 1.7m$ for it
I don't know if they offer him anything more after that time.

But what I mean with this old story , that yes , many arabic domainers declined 100k+ to 300k+ and more for there arabic keywords.

Last edited:
•••
yes bro @bmugford Shams.com killer cool term 🌞 شمس in Arabic

•••
Telephone.com English Word YES
Which sold for 2millions$ 21 years ago since 2000
21 years old a 2millions dollars for buying a domain was lot$$$$ and big record
Who is the Buyer?
TerraNet ( Lebanese Internet Provider - Arabic Country Lebanon )

Last edited:
•••
From what I have observed in the market myself, In my opinion, Every domain name is unique. Not like other assets for example: stocks, crypto, etc. Where you have a market driven from the masses.

Liquid domain names, Dictionary domains are what we use to evaluate the potential value of any name. We can do our research and find the best market for our names. I think it is the best advice someone ever gave me, You can find high players in the market for your domains.

Please don't sell your domains cheap to end-users.

A perfect example I could find in today's market and that can have a close comparison with domain names is non-fungible tokens. It doesn't depend on the art itself. It depends on buyer, market, how many people admire it, and maybe where it minted/listed, etc.

I'll try my best to stay on topic, Yalla is like an everyday word for Arab community and thus, May have sold at a good price. In terms of brandibility, One of a kind!

Thanks.

Best,
Ibrahim Waqas

Last edited:
•••
Why doesn't https://yalla.net automatically re-direct to its Godaddy auction? Kind dumb not to.

•••
•••
It will go up much higher towards the end of the auction.

•••
•••
•••
Yalla.net auction now stands at $ 695.

•••
Hi mate. I politely requested the @Bravo Mod Team delete this mistake but they politely refused citing some obscure rule. Not my forum, I don't make the rules!
Don't worry about it, nothing offensive in what you wrote. At least you try to understand what's different to you. It's all good. :xf.cool:

•••
Guys , I'm an Arabian guy and the story behind this domain "Yalla.com" is that the company who bought it it's a big financial company called payfort owned by Amazon and they launched a big financial app targeting middle east called " Yalla.online" that's why they entered to this auction till they won it . @Robbie @bmugford @redemo
In arabian countries the domains worth more than milions really cause it's refer to the most common used word in Arabian countries.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back