IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
fyi Yalla means "let's go" in arabic.

•••
Ah ok, thanks for that… would it make worth six figs?

•••
•••
•••
that name would go unsold in namepros fixed price section for $1k hehe :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
Let's Go
In Arabic Language

•••
•••
•••
Ok yalla (let's go!). Yalla is a very common word used by just about every single person in the Arabic speaking world just about every single day of the week. I'm guessing yalla is used by THOUSANDS of companies world wide (no data). Yalla is registered in 212 extensions. Yalla is developed in de, info, be, at, ch, co, is, id, gg, jp, ng, ma, pw, se, ps, uk, co.za, ventures, co.il, today, club, fit, academy, sale and more if I had time to undertake more research. Next try 13,6 million exact matches on G. Oh and a music video with 419 million views. So, yalla, watch this video!

Last edited:
•••
I seen the video but still think 170k… was a lot to pay 💰

•••
I seen the video but still think 170k… was a lot to pay 💰

Which reinforces the fact that domaining , at its core, is a subjective valuation business.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
First reg '97. Ends Wednesday 1807 g.m.t. Do you think it will reach $ 5000? I'm saying yes.
i think 3k ish. If i had purchased .com i'd drop a 10k on this easy as you do really need to have most of the good extensions to dominate your brand

•••
Ah ok, thanks for that… would it make worth six figs?
Definitely, imo. Yalla (يلا , يا الله)means let's go, hurry up, come on, & is short for Ya Allah. Like I mentioned in a different post, it is in every other sentence, in many songs. Branding with it is just awesome, hundreds of millions of Arabs use it & over a billion Muslims use a variation of it that sounds the same.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks Robbie
Dotnet still very popular domain extension in Arab world and Arabic language
The dotnet still the second top extension for Arabs after dotcom

1- com
2- net
3- org

•••
This is a perfect example of a brand with significant value in .com, but limited resale value in any other extension.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not that often I disagree with you @bmugford. But on this one I do. Strongly. High demand. Low availability. Even https://yalla.uk/ is taken and developed. I think you are underestimating the significance of the word yalla in the Arabic world. https://twitter.com/search?q=yalla&src=typed_query&f=live.
Well, how many high dollar Arabic sales have there been in .NET, or just outside .COM in general? It is not like these type of sales are common place like with English words.

NameBio doesn't really show a spectacular history with "Yalla" domains. There is the .COM then a couple for ultra low $X,XXX. That is about it. I would expect more from such a great branding term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well, how many high dollar Arabic sales have there been in .NET, or just outside .COM in general? It is not like these type of sales are common place like with English words.

NameBio doesn't really show a spectacular history with "Yalla" domains. There is the .COM then a couple for ultra low $X,XXX. That is about it.

Brad
You might be right. It's getting late. Time for crunchy peanut butter and vodka.

•••
You might be right. It's getting late. Time for crunchy peanut butter and vodka.
The issue I have is even great English branding terms sell for like mid $X,XXX or less.

This might be a solid term in Arabic, but it is still a .NET which has a far lower ceiling.

There is no doubt it has end users, but I think the likelihood of making a sale above a few thousand is limited (unless it was to the .COM buyer for brand protection).

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back