Dynadot

.XYZ below 5 million. Dropped 168k today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
According to Domainpunch, .xyz today dropped 168170 names and is now below 5 million in total. Maybe not much of a news update, but just FYI.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only the start.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Yep, almost 250,000 more names dropped today. Down to 4,66 million in total.

Not much of a surprise though. If you "give away" names, a lot of people will register loads of crap, that will not be renewed. Obvious stuff.

•••
•••
•••
Seems like their 1.11 Billion number promotion has not really taken off. lol

Brad

•••
•••
Is always a good sign when major companies register on a new tld.
- see apple.xyz ( which redirects to apple.com )
- see abc.xyz ( Google's domain )

These are two of the examples... I trust this gtld.

•••
Is always a good sign when major companies register on a new tld.
- see apple.xyz ( which redirects to apple.com )
- see abc.xyz ( Google's domain )

These are two of the examples... I trust this gtld.

Yep, still, it's a fact that it just dropped more than 400,000 names in two days.

I have many one-word .xyz and have sold a bunch as well for $xxx - $xxxx per each. I am just presenting the stats. I am somewhat bored with the idea of praising your "favorite" extension and dissing the rest. Why not be transparent regarding data, stats, gains, drops and sales?!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Seems like their 1.11 Billion number promotion has not really taken off. lol

Brad
Interesting marketing idea but it was really targeted at the Chinese market. The name 1.11B is confusing though. There are some odd numerical concentrations in some new gTLDs that are way out of line with older gTLDs. Again, they seem to represent a Chinese market in numerical domains that doesn't exist in the older gTLDs due to the pricing difference.

Seems that all the new gTLD tracking sites have gone dark on XYZ due to the ICANN idiocy of the 90 day renewal of zone file access. Some idiot added the phrase to some documentation as it was never part of the Centralised Zone Data Service as specified by the ZFA working group. A lot of people are really irritated by this screwup.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Another huge drop today. +200K names gone in a single day.

Below 4M this weekend maybe?

•••
Another huge drop today. +200K names gone in a single day.

Below 4M this weekend maybe?

Yep, coming

Upcoming Deletes:
787,897 (13.99%)

Was a high around 6.7 million

•••
Yep, coming

Upcoming Deletes:
787,897 (13.99%)

Was a high around 6.7 million

Haha, crazy. But we "all" knew that. Domain giveaways will not be renewed, unless you forgot to switch a button :xf.eek::bigtears:

•••
I shudder to think of how much money people have wasted on this terrible gTLD.

•••
I shudder to think of how much money people have wasted on this terrible gTLD.
I actually like the actual ".xyz" extension. But, I don't like what Daniel has done. I have dropped all but 1 that I acquired recently (that I am hopeful might have some value).

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It will be interesting to see if most of these investors dropping them will give up on domaining altogether or look to .com. If .top and others experience the same thing, maybe this could give .com a new boost.

•••
Pricing seems to be the issue here
perhaps they should try 10 for a cent - that should halt the slide :)

•••
It will be interesting to see if most of these investors dropping them will give up on domaining altogether or look to .com. If .top and others experience the same thing, maybe this could give .com a new boost.

Most domain that are dropped now are like "cat234.xyz", "cat235.xyz" and so on. Totally stupid names, that not even are registered as .com.

•••
Most domain that are dropped now are like "cat234.xyz", "cat235.xyz" and so on. Totally stupid names, that not even are registered as .com.
I have seen some (well known) city names on an expiring list earlier this week. Someone picked them up, so they won't be dropping.

•••
I have seen some (well known) city names on an expiring list earlier this week. Someone picked them up, so they won't be dropping.

Yep, a very few good names among tens of thousands of crappy ones.

•••
Last edited:
•••
at this stage most people woudln't even bother with xyz even if it was free.. or the very close to free 1cent promo imo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back