usernamex

Top Member
Impact
From their email newsletter:
>>>
Star Wars Day Special is Almost in Range
Explosive deals on .xyz domains and more

That’s No Moon... that’s a great deal!
Star Wars day is almost here – May the Fourth be with you! Two things to know about us here at Namecheap: we love Star Wars and we love saving you money on our top-tier products. In honor of May the Fourth, aka Star Wars Day, you can get a .XYZ domain for our lowest price ever - just 44 cents – when you use the coupon code THEFOURTH. Be sure to check out the deals on all our products during this promo too. This sale only lasts from Star Wars Day (May 4) through May 10 at midnight EST, and you may never again see prices this low – in any galaxy!
<<<

It will show as 26 cents, then after adding to cart the 18 cent ICANN fee will be added

The coupon code was added for me automatically

They also still have many extensions included in their Crazy 88s Promo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't understand why .XYZ domain name is their top-tier product :)

•••
I don't understand why .XYZ domain name is their top-tier product :)

I think it's a bit of a gamble but I can totally see why they would want to support XYZ. XYZ is the most successful of the new gTLDs at least in terms of registration numbers and sales. By getting people to register XYZ domains with them at this early stage in the game, Namecheap stands to win big if XYZ indeed grows to be a valuable extension later.
.com, .net etc are already saturated, one (or a few) of the new gTLDs is bound to rise above to rest and be embraced by the masses at some point. XYZ is one of the top candidates and Namecheap certainly doesn't mind being the one with the most XYZ registrations :).
As with all investments, there are risks, only time will tell if they made the right move. Without taking risks, you can never grow beyond a certain threshold.

•••
It's the horse they're backing and it's not a bad horse. The extension itself is useful because it's easy to remember, it can mean anything or nothing, and it acts like a period/fullstop. xyz - the end. The more domains that are registered, the more chance the extension will be used and the more exposure the extension gets, the more chance it will be accepted. It makes good marketing sense.

•••
I use an .xyz domain for a short URL for my blog.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back