IT.COM

status-duplicate xx,xxx sale held up due to NP thread !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemanttilotia

Established Member
Impact
hi
Its quite frustrating.
I bought a .com name from another NP user for mid xxx.
Now, got an end user who is willing to pay low to mid xx, xxx but he kind of saw the domain in Google search being bought by me on NP.
Now, he knows I paid low and is kind of trying to come down to a very low offer.

So, NP threads are readily searched by Google and despite the seller removing names after the sale, it is indexed by the search engines.
NP says business members and their exclusive forum deals only are being blocked by them from search engines . Bit, I find plenty of good names being sold in regular NP auctions and want to buy from there.
Just like namebio.com , NP auctions thread indexing is a deal breaker if you reach the end users.
I hope NP does something , for we the regular guys.
I don't know if anyone experienced the same with an end user, but NP threads indexing are killing the deals.
And since I just lost a xx, xxx sale, it ain't funny.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NamePros , SEO is very tight , it will show within day in google . When you buy a domain make sure that tilte and details of domains removed or not .

•••
Ouch, sorry to hear !

I always said that threads and posts in the marketplace section should be blocked from getting indexed by search engines!

•••
Ouch, sorry to hear !

I always said that threads and posts in the marketplace section should be blocked from getting indexed by search engines!
Or in a simple term need to be noindex nofollow tag should be placed

•••
Sorry to hear too. I wish namepros could block out the marketplace from any google results searches. Thats why I always try my best to delete all the info in the thread or I ask the seller to delete all info as soon as I pay for the domain.

•••
Ouch, sorry to hear !

Totally agree...I have also mentioned this before.

•••
You can ask the seller to delete the domain infos in the thread after the auction.

•••
Yes, I didn't know that NP wasn't blocking it and it was only for business users. And frankly , I never took time to read their rules. But, not all sellers sell in business section!

•••
You can ask the seller to delete the domain infos in the thread after the auction.

I did. He did it too.
Still got indexed

•••
•••
Or in a simple term need to be noindex nofollow tag should be placed

Not a big deal really ... don't know this Phoro (or whatever is called) software NP runs on now but I think with the previous one (VBulletin) it was just a matter of ticking a box in the admin panel to prevent threads from being indexed, so no major tech development is needed me thinks.

•••
Yeah I noticed this too before. It shows the cached version even if the thread was updated.

•••
Exactly . It shows the original auction or post, even after the seller has deleted the details once the auction is over.
NP should do something here. They are ruining end user sales here.

•••
Yup.

Been there done that years ago.

Lesson learned.

My deal still went through, but it took some creative communication.

Bottom line....

If there is one enduser interested, there will be another.

Patience is key in this industry with "good" names.

•••
Doesnt and shouldnt NP change its rules to help its thriving marketplace?
@Eric Lyon

•••
Sorry to hear that. No worries. Wait for sometime and buyer pays if he really wanted. I have experienced the same issue with one of the buyers and he knows what I paid and ended up with nothing. But I'm happy to hold the name.

We cannot blame NamePros, Namebio.com

These two sites are really useful and providing a great insight on domaining and sales
Hope you understand!

•••
But NP can at least hide the sales?

•••

NP should do something here. They are ruining end user sales here.

hi

sorry, it went down like that but.....

if i remove a few words from your posts, then doesn't make much sense, does it?

it wasn't a problem when you bought the name here,
but now, because potential buyer did some research, you want to fault np for "ruining" your end-user sale?

the same thing could have happened if you had just registered the name and the buyer looked at whois, after making an offer.

maybe you'll have to hold the name a few more years and wait for it's rank to drop out of sight.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
•••
hi

but now, because potential buyer did some research, you want to fault np for "ruining" your end-user sale?

the same thing could have happened if you had just registered the name and the buyer looked at whois, after making an offer.

maybe you'll have to hold the name a few more years and wait for it's rank to drop out of sight.

Good Luck!

imo...

Lol that's the dumbest shit I've read today.

•••
hi

Good Luck!

imo...

Why shouldnt just NP hide auctions rather I waiting for a few years?

•••
hi
Its quite frustrating.
Now, got an end user who is willing to pay low to mid xx, xxx but he kind of saw the domain in Google search being bought by me on NP.
Now, he knows I paid low and is kind of trying to come down to a very low offer.

So, NP threads are readily searched by Google and despite the seller removing names after the sale, it is indexed by the search engines.
NP says business members and their exclusive forum deals only are being blocked by them from search engines . Bit, I find plenty of good names being sold in regular NP auctions and want to buy from there.
Just like namebio.com , NP auctions thread indexing is a deal breaker if you reach the end users.
I hope NP does something , for we the regular guys.
I don't know if anyone experienced the same with an end user, but NP threads indexing are killing the deals.
And since I just lost a xx, xxx sale, it ain't funny.
damn!... so sorry bro. so sorry about that.

•••
Last edited:
•••
hi

Good Luck!

imo...

I HONESTLY DIDNT EXPECT THIS FROM A FELLOW DOMAINER . REALLY ??

WOULD YOU SELL ALL YOUR DOMAINS FOR THE REGGED PRICE ?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back