IT.COM

question Write email to the owners of similar domains correctly?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Owners of similar domains can be end users too, right?

Then How correctly write email to them?
Right Title of email that not seem a spam.
Right message/offer, What should write in email and What do not should write in email?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Owners of similar domains can be end users too, right?

Then How correctly write email to them?
Right Title of email that not seem a spam.
Right message/offer, What should write in email and What do not should write in email?

I get at least 10-15 emails a day from people trying to sell me similar domain name to those i already own. While I've only bought a couple this way, i instantly delete any that sound like a mass mail out.

If you want to have a better chance with somebody who already has a similar name, given them a reason why they should buy it, remember its a sale pitch, if they open your email, you need to give them a reason to reply.

As for the subject box, use their domain name, its a better reason to open when you think its about your domain.

best of luck.

•••
I also receive numerous emails a day from similar domains that I ignore. I think your best bet is to contact exact match domain first in the top 3 extensions if you own say-- one of them.

I completely agree on give them a good reason. But make it short and professional. Also do not expect some huge payout on this kind of inquiry. They allready have a domain so the price needs to be reasonable.

If its a big company they may have a trademark so be sure about all that before you contact anyone. Do not contact trademarked domains. Let them contact you.

If you can tell from a whois check that this is a fellow domainer do not contact unless you are willing to sell for a lower price.

•••
I also receive numerous emails a day from similar domains that I ignore. I think your best bet is to contact exact match domain first in the top 3 extensions if you own say-- one of them.

I completely agree on give them a good reason. But make it short and professional. Also do not expect some huge payout on this kind of inquiry. They allready have a domain so the price needs to be reasonable.

If its a big company they may have a trademark so be sure about all that before you contact anyone. Do not contact trademarked domains. Let them contact you.

If you can tell from a whois check that this is a fellow domainer do not contact unless you are willing to sell for a lower price.

Good answer karmaco! About trademark.

Idea. What if you ....

1. Contact them via an email address using the domain you are trying to sell. But you contact them about everything else you can think of BUT selling them the domain ?
2. Or contact them via bogus email address asking them if their business was still in business because they visited .net or .org version of their website ? And found it was parked or for sale?

Tell them you wanted to buy their product or service but now wonder if they are still in business since that domain says for sale?

( Think they will not visit your domain ?)

Or would that be grounds for a urdp?

Lol

•••
I also get bunches of e-mails from domainers looking for offers on "similar" domain names. Have ignored them all. But when I got an e-mail from someone with a .net that wanted to buy my .com of the same name? THAT got my attention!

•••
For the most part it's a waste of time and also spammy. I get these all day everyday. It's always worse than the one I own. For an example, if I owned GoodSharks .com - they try to sell me 9GooderShark .com or something equally stupid. I don't see the benefit here.

•••
I look my domains at such marketplaces like Afternic and Igloo.com and there displayed and other related to my domains. I about this also. Contact to them with the offer to buy my domains. But HOW IS RIGHT WRITE EMAIL?

•••
5 days ago, on Thursday I wrote emails to the owner of domain microbuses.org and to company Torres Bus who own domain microbuses.org

Hello.

You have site microbuses.org of your company Torres. Do you never thought change domain? Because .org stands by Organization, Non-profit, Non-commercial but your company is commercial.

While domain Microbuses.com may costs chousands of US dollars the same keyword in domain only other extension .info - Microbuses.info may costs some hundreds of US dollars. I'm owner of the domain Microbuses.info

Awaiting your reply.

And no received feedback from their. WHAT DID I WRONG IN WRITING THIS EMAIL?

•••
To begin with, the spelling and grammar.

Nowadays end users are bombarded with SEO and domain spam, so that kind of mail is bound to raise suspicion, especially when it's not in good English.
And of course, the most obvious reason is that they don't need your domain or don't care.
Personally I never reply to spam or mail that I deem to be spam.

Last edited:
•••
5 days ago, on Thursday I wrote emails to the owner of domain microbuses.org and to company Torres Bus who own domain microbuses.org

Hello.

You have site microbuses.org of your company Torres. Do you never thought change domain? Because .org stands by Organization, Non-profit, Non-commercial but your company is commercial.

While domain Microbuses.com may costs chousands of US dollars the same keyword in domain only other extension .info - Microbuses.info may costs some hundreds of US dollars. I'm owner of the domain Microbuses.info

Awaiting your reply.

very poorly written

not to mention that .org isn't just for organizations anymore

and closing with

i am owner of microbuses.info,
awaiting your reply

so, you're the owner, now what?

imo....

•••
very poorly written

not to mention that .org isn't just for organizations anymore

and closing with

i am owner of microbuses.info,
awaiting your reply

so, you're the owner, now what?

imo....
I'm not professional oin writing emails to end-users and that's why I created this thread and wrote email I sent to end-user. I didn't received feedback from him.

"Learn from mistakes", so Let's analyze my email to end-user to that superfluous, and that it is necessary to leave and as it was necessary to write to me correctly.

If domain microbuses.info was yours and you decide to email to end-user - owner of domain microbuses.org and company Torres Bus who owns domain microbuses.org, HOW WOULD YOU WRITE EMAIL?

Please share correct template of this email.

•••
Hi

i don't send spam solicitations, nor would i tell anyone how to do it.
nor would i try to sell a .info to a .org owner, in the first place.

i could see if you owned "microbuses.org and they owned "micro-buses.org".
as that would be better option, than buying .info.... at an inflated price.

only thing i would say, is read up on how to write letters in general

and perhaps read thru the thread below to see the mistakes others have made.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/emails-from-domainers-selling-crap-names.742232/#post-4242645

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
The domain really needs to be an improvement to what they already have. If you get any sign the other party a domainer, just forget about it. Your goal in the first email is only to get them to write back to you an inquisitive reply.

•••
Maybe this will help, and maybe someone out there can confirm if this is still true. But I think Uniregistry has some sales and response templates. - been about 8 months since I’ve been in there so not sure. But that may help. Anyone have better template like options he may try. English as a second is tough in this SEO spam drenched world of domains hahaha.

•••
I do not think that writing to owners of similar domains should be considered as a reasonabe promotion method at the time.

First, if they have a domain - then they are already overspammed by this Indian guy :

"Julie (Paula, Catherine...) here I have a domain name you might be interested in:<insert pending delete domain here, which is somewhat similar to one the victim owns>
Please respond back to me I am thinking of a modest fee for a completed transaction.
Thanks.Paula"

"My name is Jennifer.
Researching, I have found out that you hold a similar domain name.
I am wondering if you could let me know whether you will look into my <ANOTHER PENDING DELETE DOMAIN HERE>?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer"

By some reason he prefers to use female names. I sincerely hope that, being in INDIA, he is well aware what karma is (and one's personal religious or spiritual preferences here are irrelevant). Trying to sell something he does not own means to build a bad karma in this life, for him, for his family and children. Someday he will see how the karma pays back. It does not depend on anybodys personal preferences. It is unevitable.

This above paragraph is not an offtopic here. It is a recommedation not to outbound marketing. Which is so overused by liars who think that they are domainers, so any unrelated and legitimate soliciation may, and likely will, be considered as the same spam or scam.

SECOND. Emailing owners of similar domains. Lets just think about. They aready have a domain. It is similar. While they may well purchase another simiar domain "if the price is right" (for them), such sales channel is not necessary optimal at the end of the day (week, month, year). By being "not optimal" I mean that investing resources into sales to similar domain owners may have lower final sales %%% and @ lower prices. Lower ROI in other words. Even if you have no-dash com version and they have a com with dash, or if you have com and they have .la (thinking that Laos domain is really about Los Angeles) - in many cases they are already happy with what they have. Simply because they already have it. Lets check for example latest Uniregistry aftermarket sales report. How many good sales with their reported prices were to similar domains owners? I checked a few that had non-private whois, so far found no evidence of similars domain ownerships at least on a spot check

Last edited:
•••
Why not do more homework and target potential competitors to low SERP end user buyers? Dont be lazy. Send nice emails personalized to end users who have actual websites under similar industries and domains! Use your time wisely!

As far as I am concerned, the knuckleheads using womens names commomnly sending out “similar domain notices” are are all similar. They all are “similar spammers” using fake names, fake companies and it arrives daily. I delete them daily with the 50 other emails from fake names of “spam seo experts”, and fake search engine listings. Fake registration invoices, all sorts of unwanted nonsense.

But think about it for a moment, Don’t you realize many of us study the expired lists and all you do are shooting yourself in the foot? These emails are giving us a heads up to buy them directly.

Imo, It makes little sense to send such alert to obvious domainers.

•••
Why not do more homework and target potential competitors to low SERP end user buyers? Dont be lazy. Send nice emails personalized to end users who have actual websites under similar industries and domains! Use your time wisely!.

Hear is a diabolical tactic using FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt). But first, let me emphatically state that I have never used this tactic nor have I verified any one who has.

Anyways many years ago I dabbled in real estate investing. One of the tactics of buying homes cheaply was contacting banks who owned homes from foreclosing on mortgages which are called REO (real estate owned). Banks who own REOs are liable for negligence just like a resident homeowner would be.

There is something in the law called attractive nuisances. Attractive nuisances are simply things on a person's property that might entice children to venture onto the property. You can read about attractive nuisances here: https://www.uasktom.com/blog/2014/10/premises-liability-children-and-irresistible-attractions.shtml. Legend has it that some real estate investors would send the bank's legal council and offer for REO's that contained pictures of kids playing on and around anything on the property that would be considered an attractive nuisance. The idea was the the lawyer would understand what an expensive, potential liability nightmare that continued ownership of this REO and consequently convince the bank owner to sale the property to the real estate investor at a good price.

Something similar could be done to domains. For example, if I owned the "example.com" and wanted to sale to the "example.org" or "example.net", you could put something up on your "example.com" so unruly that they buy "examble.com" from you, just to put a end to it.

•••
Developing domains with even a few pages makes sense imo.
If one owned the .org or .net instead of the .com, I think in those cases it may not always apply to put nuisance content on it though. Only if you owned the .com.

After the 2008 crash huge buyers like Blackstone have been buying up portfolios from banks direct. So not sure how well those “flip this house” people still are doing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/01/bla...family-rental-bet-public-as-sector-soars.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/gov...e-giant-blackstones-rental-business-debt.html

https://www.blackstone.com/the-firm/asset-management/real-estate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back