NameSilo

I have to write scientific work about domain marketplace to pass subject on my college, need help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silgro12

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

As I mentioned in title, I have to write scientific work about domain marketplace.

After brainstorming this is what I have:

What is domain name
history of domains
domains purposes
brandable domains
liquid domains
geo domains
exact keyword domains
domain registrars
extensions
platforms for selling domains (sedo, afternic etc.)
domain transfer
european domain marketplace
american domain marketplace
chinese domain marketplace
why to buy domain if you can register it
domain trends
legal regulation
domain investing (pros and cons)
payment methods

If you have some suggestions please write them :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Cool theme :) What do you study?
While being in the university, I wanted to write my final thesis in Intellectual property and Domains, but they didn't let me...

•••
•••
UDRP, Trademarks, Reverse Hijacking, Parking revenue (Rise and Fall), Keyword searches/matches

Last edited:
•••
parking
cybersquatting
early domainers successes (ham, schilling, ye yun)

•••
Cool theme :) What do you study?
While being in the university, I wanted to write my final thesis in Intellectual property and Domains, but they didn't let me...
Im on a law university, the subject I need to pass with this scientific work is called legal informatics

•••
•••
I can help you with:
how to lose money as a domainer

•••
overview of markets: Asia, Europe, ccTLDs, US

•••
•••
ICANN and the "mafia" around it

•••
•••
ICANN - Keep in mind they just switched to an International Multi-stake model from being monitored by United States Congress. They are also tax exempt in the United States, but represent the interest and agendas of many countries, including ones that censor internet activity. You could probably do a whole thesis on this subject alone.

•••
i think there is an article called (domain bias in web search) this article is a scientific study written by microsoft labs .. maybe it's good for your research ..
i didn't read that article but mike mann has mentioned it in one of his videos.

•••
If you are being scientific it makes sense to look at what % of domains registered are actually in use for websites, what the average time is a domain stays registered, what % get renewed, what % sell in the aftermarket.

If you could find figures for total aftermarket domain sales and then total expenditure by domain speculators, it would probably show a huge loss. In another thread here we talked about some of these numbers - nobody really knows but it is interesting no one seems to try to find out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back