IT.COM

Wow, eNomCentral really sucks as a domain registrar!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just lost 5 very important domain names due to not receiving their renewal email. Worst of all, they apparently auctioned it off 3 weeks after it expired. I usually don't get this upset over these things, but 3 weeks to auction? Really?!

I'm never keeping a domain name with eNomCentral again!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just lost 5 very important domain names due to not receiving their renewal email. Worst of all, they apparently auctioned it off 3 weeks after it expired. I usually don't get this upset over these things, but 3 weeks to auction? Really?!

This is not a very good advertisement for somebody promoting a domain management spreadsheet. You lost 5 names because you didn't keep track and renew them. I wouldn't rely on renewal emails for this sort of thing, things can happen with those.

•••
I just lost 5 very important domain names due to not receiving their renewal email.
Things like that are bound to happen when you rely on the E-mail reminders...
Always maintain your own list.

Worst of all, they apparently auctioned it off 3 weeks after it expired. I usually don't get this upset over these things, but 3 weeks to auction? Really?!
3 weeks ? It's more like 6 weeks normally, and you should still be able to redeem then even after the auction is over. There is a 42-day lockdown on Enom domains.

So which registrar are you going to use ? The other large registrars also auction their expiring domains...

PS: this thread is ironic, you really need to take your own medicine :)

•••
This is not a very good advertisement for somebody promoting a domain management spreadsheet. You lost 5 names because you didn't keep track and renew them. I wouldn't rely on renewal emails for this sort of thing, things can happen with those.
It's not even the email issue. It's the fact I have never had a registrar sell my domain name in under a month.

•••
Seems taktiks has taken his link to his spreadsheet off-line.

•••
Seems taktiks has taken his link to his spreadsheet off-line.
It's still working. PM me if you are having issues with it still.

•••
deal_.gif

•••
•••
couldn't have been that important, if you weren't keeping up with them

enom is very reliable registrar

perhaps your renewal emails were going to 'junk mail'

additionally, enomcentral is for 'holding' domains that were won in auction, if you don't have enom reseller account id, synched with namejet.

imo....

•••
I should have clarified. There was a credit card issue which is why the auto-renew did not go through. Not only did they not contact me about it, but they sold it in less than a month.
Here's my situation:
Domain1.com - exp date 3/22/2014
Domain2.com - exp date 3/22/2014
Domain3.com - exp date 3/22/2014
Transferred out of my account: 4/26/2014 (confirmed with their rep)

Which means the auction took place at least several days before transferring to another user.

Do you think this is fair? I have never seen a registrar give away your domain in under a month!

•••
Why haven't you tried to pay the redemption fee to retrieve these domains, like at least 3 people have been suggesting you do? What do eNom say to you when you ask to pay their redemption fee to retrieve these domains?

Also. As somebody else pointed out. You obviously weren't paying attention to your own DNManagement.xls spreadsheet. Or maybe it failed, somehow.

PS: Thanks I got a copy of the spreadsheet from the link you provided, but I only just downloaded it. So no chance to look at it yet.

•••
Why haven't you tried to pay the redemption fee to retrieve these domains, like at least 3 people have been suggesting you do? What do eNom say to you when you ask to pay their redemption fee to retrieve these domains?

Also. As somebody else pointed out. You obviously weren't paying attention to your own DNManagement.xls spreadsheet. Or maybe it failed, somehow.

PS: Thanks I got a copy of the spreadsheet from the link you provided, but I only just downloaded it. So no chance to look at it yet.
I made it pretty clear that I lost these domain names within 3 weeks of expiration. Even GoDaddy gives you a few weeks to renew a domain after expiration date. These guys just sold it at auction on NameJet literally <30 days from expiration date.

I use the spreadsheet to keep track of expenses, sales, expiration dates, but like I said the issue was a card issue which was being resolved.

P.S. Hope it is useful to you.

•••
But you seem to have failed to understand the point we are making. Even though these domains are no longer in your account, you have up to circa 80 days after expiry to pay the redemption fee and recover these domains. At least in accordance with eNom's ToS.

•••
But you seem to have failed to understand the point we are making. Even though these domains are no longer in your account, you have up to circa 80 days after expiry to pay the redemption fee and recover these domains. At least in accordance with eNom's ToS.
They did not tell me this. If this is the case, then I have been defrauded by eNom.
Can you point me to where they state this?

•••
•••
I have never seen a registrar give away your domain in under a month!

They didn't. You said it was removed from your account on the 26th, when it expired on the 22nd.

•••
They didn't. You said it was removed from your account on the 26th, when it expired on the 22nd.
Well theoretically it was auctioned off several days before the 30 day period. The transfer must've also taken a day or two.

•••
The transfer is impossible for 42 days after the auction is complete. I'm beginning to think you have not understood a word we've said.

OK. I give up with this conversation. It's up to you.

Last edited:
•••
I recently had some pretty bad experiences with them too. Would not recommend. NameJet is making them popular.

•••
couldn't have been that important, if you weren't keeping up with them

enom is very reliable registrar

perhaps your renewal emails were going to 'junk mail'

additionally, enomcentral is for 'holding' domains that were won in auction, if you don't have enom reseller account id, synched with namejet.

imo....

That's what I thought! All my domains I want to keep are auto-renew.

•••
Enom is the worst registrar after I tried many registrars since 1997.

The reason is :

1, their custom service staffs are worst , they just simply transfer your phone call away , never sort any problem for me !( called them 10times+)
2, I won few domain names through Namejet.com, but unfortunately the registrar is enom, so enom set up an account for me automatically ,also they send me the user name but never send me the password , even I called them few times never get an answer ! Now one of the domain name will be expired again without any way to renew my name , because I never have a chance to log in my account without a password ! In commen sense , most registrars allow their user to recover the password online or through an online ticket, but enom system is suck , they didnot offer an email to contact , also they did not allow you to submit a ticket ( the system always display error ...), the most headache problem is : they need answer a question when you try to recover your password but the question is not set up by me as the account owner , so never sucess

Last edited:
•••
That is the only registrar made me angry ! The custom care guy is very Rude and just transfered your phone call away without any explaination ....

•••
I won few domain names through Namejet.com, but unfortunately the registrar is enom, so enom set up an account for me automatically
Enom has many partner registrars (resellers), are you sure that's not the case here? I would recommend rechecking the original email sent to you when you first won the domains at Namejet. Sending you a login with no password makes no sense to me. You could always try a password reset at enomcentral.com also.

•••
Enom has many partner registrars (resellers), are you sure that's not the case here? I would recommend rechecking the original email sent to you when you first won the domains at Namejet. Sending you a login with no password makes no sense to me. You could always try a password reset at enomcentral.com also.

you may try to reset the password for a new account that enom set up for you not by you ...then you will know that enow need answer a question first but you should not know the answer because you did not set up the question... hope you understand now.

•••
the worst is their customer care staffs, never answer my phone just transfer away to someone never exist ing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back