NameSilo

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Fabulous Diamond Site

NameClerk.com said:
Just finished creating this one using Wordpress.

Pink Diamond Engagement Rings

Now the painful wait for indexing.
Bill,

That is a fabulous looking site. Very classy! Best of luck with it.

What technique did you use to display the eBay items? Their API?

•••
hello Nameclerk,

Thats really a nice site. and Its helpfull for me ;) ...

Im getting Engaged this 26th ;) ....

•••
I concur. Very very nice site.

The only thing I didn't like is that the products are eBay Products.

I think you audience would be more willing to buy rings, if they are offered by a known, stablished company. I'd would look for a good affiliate partner

For instance:
* Coloured Rocks Limited
* Hot Diamonds
* My Diamonds
* Goldsmiths
* Purely Diamonds
* FORZIERI

...are all companies that sells diamonds AND have an affiliate partnership program.

•••
Thanks for the comments.

@ArtfulWebSites - The plugin for Ebay affiliate listings can be found at phpbay.com

@Willcast - Thanks for the affiliate suggestions. The site isn't fully monetized yet. Once it's indexed and receiving traffic, I'll be testing a variety of affiliates to find out which ones convert. I've had great success with Ebay on other sites and those listings actually help bring in long tail search traffic.

•••
NameClerk.com said:
Thanks for the comments.

@ArtfulWebSites - The plugin for Ebay affiliate listings can be found at phpbay.com

@Willcast - Thanks for the affiliate suggestions. The site isn't fully monetized yet. Once it's indexed and receiving traffic, I'll be testing a variety of affiliates to find out which ones convert. I've had great success with Ebay on other sites and those listings actually help bring in long tail search traffic.
Nice work Bill. you have done a great job. :)

About affiliates, CJ has some good "jewelry affiliates" (e.g. Diamond.com .. trustworthy, reliable, great inventory)

Good Luck :tu:

BTW, Did you write the content yourself?

•••
EG.domains said:
BTW, Did you write the content yourself?

Thanks. I wrote the content on the product pages. I outsourced the content on the articles. I still have 3 more articles to post but I wanted to wait until the site is getting crawled so the SE's see that it's getting updated.

•••
Here is my first attempt at at making a site from scratch www.icecreamshop.info

I still have to work on the background, still learning. I don't know how to make a nice background so I just made something up in my graphics software. I am trying to find a tutorial that will teach me how to make a nice one that is not just a static/tiled picture, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,
Rowan

•••
•••
NameClerk.com said:
Just finished creating this one using Wordpress.

Pink Diamond Engagement Rings

Now the painful wait for indexing.

very nice site. Excuse my newbie question, but how are you going to monetize this website? I'm new at this and my first attempt was a fail LOL.

•••
interlagos said:
very nice site. Excuse my newbie question, but how are you going to monetize this website? I'm new at this and my first attempt was a fail LOL.
It's currently monetized using the Ebay affiliate program. If that doesn't convert, I'll try other jewelry affiliate programs.

•••
NameClerk.com said:
It's currently monetized using the Ebay affiliate program. If that doesn't convert, I'll try other jewelry affiliate programs.

thanks! I was just browsing through the ebay partner network website trying to find more about this program. Do they only count bids, registration, or purchases as quality traffic? Just simple browsing isn't considered quality traffic to them?

•••
For my latest, I just finished my redesign of diypcb.com

BTW, how many pages does a site need to not be MFA? I took it from my original concept with 20+ pages to one single page with all the sub-pages on the same page using javascript navigation. I wanted to see what the seo effects would be with that much content on just one page.

•••
interlagos said:
thanks! I was just browsing through the ebay partner network website trying to find more about this program. Do they only count bids, registration, or purchases as quality traffic? Just simple browsing isn't considered quality traffic to them?
Doesn't matter whether they consider quality traffic or not.
EPN is PPC (pay per click) or more like PPA (pay per action) program.
Just simple browsing won't make you any money ;)

blaknite said:
For my latest, I just finished my redesign of diypcb.com

BTW, how many pages does a site need to not be MFA? I took it from my original concept with 20+ pages to one single page with all the sub-pages on the same page using javascript navigation. I wanted to see what the seo effects would be with that much content on just one page.
I don't think that's good idea.
I looked at your source code and they are all same as far as SEO goes
meaning "title" and "desc." are all same.

Plus, I don't see any "keyword" meta tag.
Some say Google no-longer care about meta tags.
But, other search engines may still look at those meta tags.

•••
The lack of a keyword meta tag was on purpose. Half because I haven't decided what keywords to put there and half to see how things go without one.

I was thinking that if "g" indexes the page and decides its about PCB's and I have in the keyword tag that its about Printed Circuit Boards I might get a negative SEO effect because of the conflict. (Even though the two are the same thing, the keywords are different.)

The other SEO effect I'm testing isn't just using only one page, but rather its combining pages. I had about 15 pages of content indexed when I decided to do the rewrite. Now the content for all 15 of those pages is combined into one page and all the old pages are missing. I'm hoping when "g" finds all the pages have been combined it will have an additive effect on the PR. It probably doesn't work that way, but I figured I'd try it.

•••
hello guys,

I feel meta tags are mostly looked by yahoo and msn.

Google Dont care about meta tags, Im not that good in SEO. but i feel if you have a good domain and a quality content you can get going..

For example my domain AverageCarInsurance.net

It doesnt have many pages, still im working on it.. but from last 2 months its on first page of google and it keeps jumping positions from 3rd to 7th.....

I didnt do anything spectacular or any SEO. I just made a good site with good content. Thats it. I wasnt having any rankings @ yahoo then i just added meta tags and in few weeks i came 2nd @ yahoo.

And i feel MFA sites are the ones who just have adsense everywhere.. Pages doesnt matter i feel. If you make a good site with 8 to 10 pages.. quality content its not MFA. but you shouldnt place just adsense everywhere.

Whenever we look @ MFA sites we see mostly ads than content or content would be just copy pasted and you have adsense all around.

There may be many factors.

Whenever i design my sites, I look into many factors, love to design sites which are simple, easy to navigate and people get excatly what they are looking for.

•••
•••
Here is a mini site i have had for awhile www.AutoRates.co.uk ---it's aeiou---i think they did a real good job---i just need to do more work updating it and looking into affiliate options

•••
pommyg - that envr.org looks very good. Wonder why the goog ads here ( eastern usa) show "detox" topics.

The auto rates aeiou site is nice, & each page loads very fast.

•••
im working on http://TrafficBump.net it's a mini site that reviews traffic sites. right now i'm using wordpress. should be fun.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Here's one of mine: Couteaux de Poche (pocket knives .com in French).
It's using eBay and Adsense.

•••
I think I FINALLY come up with a true minisite.

Nothing fancy but it goes to the point. Here it is: http://NightVisionLens.com

Any suggestion will be welcome.

All best,
Will

Still adding products though.

•••
WillCast said:
I think I FINALLY come up with a true minisite.

Nothing fancy but it goes to the point. Here it is: http://NightVisionLens.com

Any suggestion will be welcome.

All best,
Will

Still adding products though.
I like it. Over time, I would add some original articles that are targeted for the keywords you want to rank for. It's a tight niche so that should help you rank well.

Good use of the related posts feature. I would also add tags to your post to help with keyword optimization.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back