IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your site is obviously about kicking the habit, or detoxing, then it's okay. But if it's about general information it can easily be seen as 'promoting the use', whether or not that's your intention.
I have only one drug site and it's no problem with adsense since 'detox' is in the domain name and it's obviously about kicking drugs and Google is fine with that. Since your name and minisite could be taken many ways, it's 'on the fence' and I wouldn't take the chance with adsense. This is why I still find some very good drug-related domain names still available to reg, long tail names with high monthly searches... because there ain't much we can do to monetize them with adsense. I pass them by unless they're about detoxing or kicking the hab.

GL

Thanks for clarifying this Bannen.

Do you know or anyone else know how this policy relates to prescription drugs? For instance a website about a psychiatric illness and that gives factual information on the prescription drugs used to treat it. Would this be allowable in conjunction with adsense?

•••
Thanks for clarifying this Bannen.

Do you know or anyone else know how this policy relates to prescription drugs? For instance a website about a psychiatric illness and that gives factual information on the prescription drugs used to treat it. Would this be allowable in conjunction with adsense?

Far as I know, medicinal drug sites are fine, as long as they're clearly about medicinal drugs (and not, for example, about 'medicinal marijuana', etc)

•••
Bannen- Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to promote the drug, but I do have a "buy salvia" link where I am going to use affiliate programs, and the website is kind of on the fence. I don't want to risk my account, so I took down the ads.

you're not talking about smokerslung.org/net are you ? ....i'm an ex-smoker and there's no way i would conclude they are promoting smoking...surely they aren't violating adsense ?
also, jake why aren't you linking to various quit smoking aids ? that would seem to be a natural...patches gum etc, isn't there an affiliate for that ?

They're referring to SalviaFacts.com

I guess I should try some affiliate programs. I used a stop smoking aid link via amazon one time, but hardly even got clicks. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Jake

•••
few mini sites...

popular-cult.com - WP site with articles I found interesting from Ezine

watch-comedy.info - 10-20 pages but made in an hour or two with imac and free videos off the net.

2d-rpg.com - WP where I post anything I make in flash(not much so far)

raw-vegan.info
- not really a mini site but the home page part of the site was made in note pad and is an example of how you can use rss in an iframe or object and have a self updating site. However this doesn't show up right in Chrome and I'm not sure if it does or not in IE.

stephen-harper.com - wordpress and notepad with articles I wrote quickly myself

•••
I guess I should try some affiliate programs. I used a stop smoking aid link via amazon one time, but hardly even got clicks. What do you suggest?
drugstore.com has an affiliate program, here is their quit smoking page: Buy stop smoking online....... there are tons of quit smoking sites, hypnosis, google: stop smoking affiliate programs and see what you get

•••
I'm not trying to promote the drug, but I do have a "buy salvia" link where I am going to use affiliate programs, and the website is kind of on the fence. I don't want to risk my account, so I took down the ads.

FYI, if you're running Adsense you can't LINK to sites which violate Adsense program policies either (i.e. sites which sell illicit or prescription drugs, sites with mature / adult content, etc.) That includes affiliate links.

As for a site with prescription drug info - probably OK but I'd try asking Adsense support. If they don't get back to you, post the question in Google's Adsense forum.

----- on another subject -----------------

an example of how you can use rss in an iframe or object and have a self updating site.

If you're updating for repeat visitors that's great, but Google won't index iframe content ... or if they do, they won't credit it to your site.

•••
•••
Hong Kong Time - My Latest site just built this morning - Any thoughts?

•••
Hong Kong Time - My Latest site just built this morning - Any thoughts?
1/ NO privacy Policy
2/ Not enough content for adsense
3/ Could have had content related to Watches - HK is a wash with Fakes
4/ OK otherwise

•••
drugstore.com has an affiliate program, here is their quit smoking page: Buy stop smoking online....... there are tons of quit smoking sites, hypnosis, google: stop smoking affiliate programs and see what you get

I found a decent affiliate program on CJ, and I'm testing it out. We'll see.

Thanks for the advice.

•••
Episcias

Just noticed it is on Google page one

•••
•••
Trading-Online Currency Trading info

Coreyg, I love your site and template.

•••
•••
Yeah, it's best to try you're hardest to keep your adsense account.

•••
houstoncitycentre.com

comments? Please help!!
nice layout and design but i would tone down the colors a little use less and make them a bit more muted and harmonious

try this place for making colors work: kuler

i would also recommend dark text on lighter background for your main body, it will be easier to read

i really like the who what where etc at the top

•••
houstoncitycentre.com

comments? Please help!!
Colors - Redo Please
Layout ok but amateurish
Design - Needs work
1 out of 5

Forget using HTML, you are not really any good at it (neither is MOST people)
Learn to use Wordpress/Joomla or one of the CHEAP/Free Instant website creators.

Last edited:
•••
Forget using HTML, you are not really any good at it (neither is MOST people)
Learn to use Wordpress/Joomla or one of the CHEAP/Free Instant website creators.
you forgot to mention your product which i also use and which is excellent if you have $49.00 to spend: Artisteer - joomla template generator and wordpress theme generator this is an excellent tool which allows for quick building of websites but mainly is good for building wordpress sites fast which look good .... they have a really good trial which allows you to use all features

•••
you forgot to mention your product which i also use and which is excellent if you have $49.00 to spend: Artisteer - joomla template generator and wordpress theme generator this is an excellent tool which allows for quick building of websites but mainly is good for building wordpress sites fast which look good .... they have a really good trial which allows you to use all features
Artisteer is NOT my product , I only use it (standard Edition $129.95)

•••
trying to be helpful here

i meant "the product you are using to design some of your sites"

wordpress / html edition is $49.00
joomla / drupal /others edition is $129.95

over and out

•••
•••
I'm coming! Let's see what happens

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back