IT.COM

Selling Would You Be Interested In This For Your Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know parking domain names can be profitable but why not develop your domain names into mini affiliate websites that generate more revenue?

I enjoy making and developing websites and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a service that puts your parked domain names to good use?

Thinking about offering a service like this -
  • Wordpress installation
  • Keyword research
  • Logo and theme installation and basic customisation.
  • 5 - 10 pages of UNIQUE content each page with around 1000+ words
  • Social media account set up - instagram, pinterest, twitter and facebook pages
  • basic seo package to help rank the site
Would also have bigger packages which include more content and bigger seo package.

Basically, these would be mini affiliate sites promoting a choice of clickbank, amazon or cpa offers from cpa networks.

Would anyone here be interested in this at all?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This has been done plenty of times before.

I remember the days when epik.com used to do that and then one day hundreds of epik customers using epik landers/portals noticed their domains got deindexed.

Adam Dicker was offering a similar "service" as well and we all know how that turned out. ;)

I'm not saying there isn't a demand for a service like this, I'm sure some people will sign up if you offer a quality service at a reasonable price. But it's nothing new or original.

Last edited:
•••
@Bram C. Thanks for your comment. Yup, I know it's nothing new, just wondering if there will be enough interest to provide the service. Never heard of Adam Dicker before, will do a search.

Not saying ALL services like this are the same, but I think most website creation services just throw together a website with cheap spun content that doesn't really convert or make money.

Another question for all -
If I was to provide a service like this, what else would you be interested in or what else would you like included in such a service? Maybe email optin forms, certain widgets or features?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Would certainly be willing to give it a try with one or two domains. For some reason I have an .info domain with high traffic.

•••
I think it could actually work if you manage to find the right price point and offer a quality service.

•••
that actually is not worth the effort

you either create a real website with a lot of usefull original content
or you may skip this idea totally

there is no low end approach to it that even justifies the hosting expenses

of course there is demand
by people how are frustrated
and think thats the way to go

but thats not the case
its wishfull thinking in most cases

•••
@Pierre Barnard That's great. The idea is still in its early stages but will definitely let you know if and when I set it all up. I'd probably start with a few discounted or maybe even a couple of free review packages to kick it off.

I've seen similar services to this on other forums but the examples of work they give just look a bit average. I'd be gearing more towards super high quality content on well researched keywords that are related to the domain name or niche of choice. Again, it's all in the early stages. Just getting some feedback and ideas before I take it to the next level...

@deez007 thanks for your comment. I would offer different packages low, mid and high. Maybe even custom packages. Again, still early stages and price points is something I would try and make affordable.

•••
@frank-germany Thanks for your comment. Not worth the effort to provide a service like this or not worth the effort in buying a service like this?

I think with a basic package of say 10 - 15 pages of high qaulity content of over 1000 words on each page with the right backlinks and seo can definitely make more money than a parked page.
I recently sold a mini site that promoted clickbank products as an affiliate. It was generating around $2k per week. This site sold for $100k and was 10 months old. I also sold fairly new mini sites (less than 6months old) for $20k. These had no more than 20 pages of content on them.

There would be different plans of course - basic would be around 10 - 15 pages, silver package would be 25 - 30 pages and a mini authority site over 50 pages.

These mini sites would be all about the content. I think it's super important to have high quality content that's not overly seo'd or reads like a robot wrote it. Good conversational styled content that tells a story that's also keyword rich I've found always converts well and has ranked very well.

Again, I'm just reaching out for some feedback if it will be worth doing or if anyone would be interested.
Thanks again.

•••
@frank-germany Thanks for your comment. Not worth the effort to provide a service like this or not worth the effort in buying a service like this?

you will find customers

but they will most likely not be satisfied customers in the end

try
domainapps.com
they are like or same as whypark.com
they done this in the past with little success to my domains

google is not stupid no more
there is no shortcut today

•••
@frank-germany
I recently sold a mini site that promoted clickbank products as an affiliate. It was generating around $2k per week. This site sold for $100k and was 10 months old. I also sold fairly new mini sites (less than 6months old) for $20k. These had no more than 20 pages of content on them.

sure this can be done
but thats a different story

•••
go for it,
people talk without proper experience

if you provide unique content with some nice layout optimized for conversion, and you know your stuff,
people will be happy to buy as long as it generate sales

Epik is irrelevant to what you plan to do,
Huffington post was build on curated content(=duplicate), as long as you know what you are doing that's great

if people see results they will buy,
offer the service at a discount to 5-10 people, collect testimonials,
and you are good to go

Do Not undersell your work,
it is better that you sell a 1000$ solution where you and the clients are happy than selling 100$ solution that are rubbish

•••
but they will most likely not be satisfied customers in the end
I don't know about that. I'm the type of person who would make certain the customer is happy, I just wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they weren't. The service would be very well explained once it's all planned out and I would also offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee.

@DomainChap Thanks for the comment. Some good advice/feedback there. I'm definitely considering it. I would be extremely strict with the quality of content and how it's written. There will definitely be discounts to x amount of members here, thinking those with good reputations that will give good honest feedback on the quality.

Price points, again I would have to take a good look at this. I agree, I wouldn't want to undersell but at the same time want to make it affordable.

Thanks again for your comment. Appreciate it.

•••
I don't know about that. I'm the type of person who would make certain the customer is happy, I just wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they weren't. The service would be very well explained once it's all planned out and I would also offer some kind of satisfaction guarantee.

@DomainChap Thanks for the comment. Some good advice/feedback there. I'm definitely considering it. I would be extremely strict with the quality of content and how it's written. There will definitely be discounts to x amount of members here, thinking those with good reputations that will give good honest feedback on the quality.

Price points, again I would have to take a good look at this. I agree, I wouldn't want to undersell but at the same time want to make it affordable.

Thanks again for your comment. Appreciate it.

You should proberly give this a go !

You seem to have a good attitude towards this plan, quality unique content is key.

•••
Thanks @doubleU the way I think of it is like this - If I was handing over my money to a service like this (which I have in the past) I would want top quality. It's just really hard to find something that delivers what they promise these days. If I were to go ahead and set this up, I'd be putting quality before quantity.

Thanks again for your motivation :)

•••
It's certainly very interesting. One question : is it only for domains that already get traffic, or any domain ?

•••
@Bram C.
Not saying ALL services like this are the same, but I think most website creation services just throw together a website with cheap spun content that doesn't really convert or make money.
Thanks!

Epik did this on a large scale and every domain on their DNS was dropped from Google index.

•••
Epik did this on a large scale and every domain on their DNS was dropped from Google index.

I'm guessing spammy backlinks? Maybe a pbn not set up right?
I've owned and ran over 100 websites since I started online. Only once have I been penalised and de-indexed and that was because of shady/spammy links.

With the new google update recently released, they are now penalising single pages instead of site wide penalties. If I do set this up as a service (still thinking about it), these wont be pump n dump sites that have hundreds or thousands of junk backlinks thrown at them.

> Quality content that's written to convert into affiliate sales.
> Social media accounts that are active (this can be semi automated)
> Quality backlinks over x amount of time.
> Video creation and submission to top video sites.

For anyone interested or if anyone has any suggestions of features they would like included please drop them here because if I do set this up I will try and include it.

•••
It's certainly very interesting. One question : is it only for domains that already get traffic, or any domain ?

No, this would be for any domain names - I wont be doing adult though. If they are fresh/new domain names it will take a month or 2 for google to pick them up. The idea is to research keywords that are fairly easy to rank for, build content around those keywords and get them ranking.

The keywords would also be a mix of buyer intent and general articles. For my own sites, I do a few reviews and then articles around those reviews interlinking. One thing these wont be is fancy or beautiful sites. The main focus will be conversions and getting them ranked for keywords.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The reality was, Epik sites didn't convert and were penalized for duplicate content and finally delisted from Google.com
Thanks for the link, I will have to look into Epik's service as I've never heard of it before. I will have a read this afternoon. Not 100% sure what Epik was doing but it does sound like they through up just random articles on these domain names with duplicate content. One thing I am very fussy with and that is quality. I've hired some really shit writers in my time and they where either told to re-write the article (some multiple times) or just didn't get paid via escrow because they failed to meet standards.

Another thing I really hate, is reading robot like content. There are so many sites out there that lack engagement. I focus more on engagement and telling a story in the article/review, this I've found increases conversions.

Not trying to kill your idea. Knowing why others failed is important.
I totally agree with you there. Knowing what failed will definitely help and is very important. I also appreciate your feedback and welcome any advice to help make this a top quality service.

Thanks again for the link, I will read up about Epik and other services alike. I did use a service about 3 years ago, this is the one site that did get de-indexed from google when panda/penguin hit.

Going to have a big think about it today and work out some pricing ect so will see what happens.

The vision is to create a quality service that actually brings in good monthly revenue for all customers/domains.

Affiliate programs would include -
clickbank
amazon
maxbounty
adsense
shareasale
commission junction

Of course, if the customer has an affiliate program of choice I could work with that and build content to suit. Might even look at including an ecommerce package.

•••
I wouldn't mind being your first demo would pay $50 once completed
Here is my logo lets see what you can do to showcase your talent
The domain in question would be Tea.Express
Instead of talking about it, thought maybe you can show us your stuff
I will be opening a ecommerce with this domain with dropshipping

•••
Epik started setting up affiliate & ecommerce sites to monetize keyword domains.

They claimed the process was a huge success with sites like icecreammaker.com. The usual domain blogs all echoed Rob Monster's stories.

Then the rush... they sold THOUSANDS of affiliate sites for $249 and ecommerce sites for $2500. Which was really ironic after claiming that "Amazon.com" was going away b/c Google was king.

http://www.epik.com/blog/amazon-com-cracks-in-the-foundation.html

Google was flooded with spammy affiliate sites. Rob made bucks. Bloggers moved on to pitch the next great thing.

I don't have any advice for you :)

•••
Thanks for heads up. the icecreammaker site is a lander. Do you know of any other examples of their work? Would love to see them.

Google was flooded with spammy affiliate sites. Rob made bucks. Bloggers moved on to pitch the next great thing.

This is exactly why I want to create a quality service. These won't be spammy aff sites, these will be quality aff sites. I've seen services on other forums that sell spammy sites that are heavily spun or just junk content. Then they throw a whole bunch of junk links that are designed for pump and dump campaigns. Usually these links do give a boost in search engines but they are short lived because they are junk.

I would be focusing on quality. Thanks for the advice and links, this helps me create a better service if I go ahead with it. Also, please do let me know of any samples from these sites from epik. I will do an archive search on that icecreammaker site to see if theres anything.

Anyone else have some advice or suggestions

•••
I wouldn't mind being your first demo would pay $50 once completed
Here is my logo lets see what you can do to showcase your talent
The domain in question would be Tea.Express
Instead of talking about it, thought maybe you can show us your stuff
I will be opening a ecommerce with this domain with dropshipping

Great! Your image didn't work though :(

I'm still thinking about it all but you just got a spot for a review package if I go ahead with it :)

•••
There are several example websites in the article I linked to. Check them on archive.org around 2009 - 2010.

Epik still sells the affiliate and ecommerce site on epik.com

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back