Dynadot

Selling Would You Be Interested In This For Your Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know parking domain names can be profitable but why not develop your domain names into mini affiliate websites that generate more revenue?

I enjoy making and developing websites and was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a service that puts your parked domain names to good use?

Thinking about offering a service like this -
  • Wordpress installation
  • Keyword research
  • Logo and theme installation and basic customisation.
  • 5 - 10 pages of UNIQUE content each page with around 1000+ words
  • Social media account set up - instagram, pinterest, twitter and facebook pages
  • basic seo package to help rank the site
Would also have bigger packages which include more content and bigger seo package.

Basically, these would be mini affiliate sites promoting a choice of clickbank, amazon or cpa offers from cpa networks.

Would anyone here be interested in this at all?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there @Haris100 .
Thank you so much for your comment and questions. Hopefully I can clear this up for you and everyone who has the same thoughts.

1.) Is there any guarantee that our mini-sites will make money?

A.) I would love to be able to guarantee every site will make money, BUT I have to be totally honest, transparent and open on this because there will be no guarantee. I can however guarantee that I will be busting my ass to get them ranking and making money using the same techniques I've used over the past 5 years.

I truly want to create a reputable business and to do so, I have to produce quality sites that are designed to make your money back many times over. I wouldn't stay in business very long if I produced junk sites that didn't make people money. There is no guarantees your sites will make money but I will do everything in my power to get them making money.

If I fail to do so, we will definitely work something out. I want every customer/client to be 200% happy with my service. I wont be able to sleep at night knowing some one is unhappy or has an issue.
2.) Any rough estimate on how much a website can make if we apply for the basic package? Which factors are involved? I have a domain name I would like to develop, it was registered in 2001 and the keywords get 20k-30k monthly searches on average. How much can it make per month?

A.) This is a good question and I thank you for asking it. Let me tell you a story about a very basic website with just 17 pages of content - QUALITY content... (a little more content than the basic package).

This was an affiliate website that reviewed an evergreen product on clickbank in the health and fitness niche. Each sale netted me 75% commission (around $28 commission). I spent about 10 hours in total (IN TOTAL) on this website, that's including link building, writing content/reviews and creating a sales funnel. This website was bringing no less than $2000 per WEEK...

After 10 months I sold this website for $100,000US I probably should have kept the site but I'm glad I did sell because I'm debt free, learned some valuable lessons about creating and selling websites plus I had some kick ass holidays with my family. In total this site netted me around $160k

Another site I created was only 8 pages in total. Took 2 months to get it ranking and earning money. Once it stopped doing the google dance it stuck in 1st and 2nd position for a product review keyword - these type of keywords are hot - the visitor is already in buy mode because they are looking for reviews. My content/copy converts extremely well and I got this website hitting $200 - $300 daily.

6 months later I sold it for $18k. So the money I earned while I owned to site + the what I sold it for was around $40,000

These are just 2 of many sites that I have sold. I still make websites like this for myself and currently have a few that are doing pretty good (similar earnings to the above) and these are only 3 months old.
The only work I do on these sites now is check earnings and rankings :)

Which factors are involved? It all depends on the niche, keywords, content and products being promoted. It will also depend on which affiliate network the site is generating money from.

Clickbank for instance - most products give 75% commission on their products and some have upsells, downsells and recurring commissions.

Adsense, will make you money if you have the right keywords, especially those which have high cpc. There are many factors with Adsense and I am not an Adsense pro, but with engaging content, optimised ad positions that are strategically placed throughout your content, adsense can be a great way to monetise your website with little stress because you're not really affiliated with any one product.

Amazon - The commissions are a lot lower than clickbank at around 6-8% depending on the volume of sales you send them. Mid to high ticket items are best but it's always good to have a mix of products on the site to get the sales volume up. 6-8% commission on a $800 product isn't bad if you're sending amazon 5 - 10 sales per day!

CPA offers - There are just so many different networks but for example, MaxBounty has many different offers to promote with good commission rates. It all depends on the product that's being promoted but if you have the right offer with the right content for the right audience you will have high conversions.

Having a good domain name will help and may help get ranked faster. But it's all about the content in my opinion. If you rank a website with shit content it's useless. You need good quality content to convert visitors into sales or engaging content to see the ads you have to offer.

One thing I will say about domain names is this, if you're domain name has a bad history it may be useless or very hard to flush out the bad history. I may offer bad link removal at an extra cost for these domain names, it's definitely something I will look into offering.
3) Will the content be updated? Who will be responsible for management of the website? And will there be any extra charges for updates?
No, once the website is complete it will be up to you if you want to continue adding content or building links.

Going back to your last question, it will also depend on the keyword competition. If the keywords are hard to rank it may take some extra links or seo work.

This is why I focus on low to medium comp keywords, especially for the smaller package. This way you wont need to spend more money unless you want extra content.

The small package will have 10,000 words of content on it. Extra content will be available as an add on. As for the management for the site, there will be very little need to manage the site unless you're adding extra content. Extra content add ons = I will add them to your site so you don't have too.
4) All the revenue in the basic package will be through the ads right? With the increased use of Ad Blockers, do you think these mini-sites will be successful?
This will depend on the ad network used for the site. Adsense for instance may get blocked by ad blockers because it uses javascript code. Clickbank, Amazon and CPA offers will be html links so they wont be blocked.

I definitely think these sites can be successful - not everyone uses ad blockers. I for one don't use them. I may know what ads look like and be blind to them but that's coming from someone who knows what the ads are and how they work. Many, and I man many people don't know ads are actually ads.

Adsense sites and other networks that use javascript or codes that are blocked by ad blockers still make a lot of money if done right and I'm sure there are people here who have successful sites that monetise from adsense and other networks.

I personally prefer and love working with clickbank sites. You just can't go wrong with 75% commission rate. Compared to all the other networks, clickbank blows them away. There are also other networks like clickbank - shareasale.com is another good one. There are lots of affiliate programs out there with 30% and up too. It's all about finding the right product for your audience + the right content of course.
Hopefully this answers your questions and doubts. One thing you will get from me is 100% transparency and honesty. I can't make ridiculous promises and guarantees, it would be very silly of me to do so.

I can however pour all my efforts, skills and knowledge into every site to do everything possible to get them ranking and making money.

Thanks again for your questions and thank you for your interest in this, I really appreciate it.

If you have any more questions, suggestions or queries please do feel free to shoot them my way and I will do my best to answer them.

•••
Thanks a lot for the detailed answers @magnizmo

I have subscribed to your site.

•••
@magnizmo

I'm sorry, but your claims just doesn't pass my due diligence.

1. "very basic website with just 17 pages of content - QUALITY content"

2. " I spent about 10 hours in total (IN TOTAL) on this website, that's including link building, writing content/reviews and creating a sales funnel. This website was bringing no less than $2000 per WEEK"

"After 10 months I sold this website for $100,000US"

While each of these statements by itself maybe true, I find it impossible for all of them to be true at the same time. Creating quality site and ranking it it's tedious process, starting with competitive analysis and keyword research that alone takes 2-3 days. And it's one of the most important steps. Even if you use template from Envato, buying content at iWriter, it still takes more than 10 hours to perfect the posts, check the quality of the content, apply right tags, etc, etc, And I didn't even start the linkbuilding part of the job.

"The only work I do on these sites now is check earnings and rankings"

Not really. What Google likes about sites is constant development, if you don't update regularly, you rankings will start fade away. 2006-2007 when you put a website out there and it's in the SERP 2 weeks after is long time gone. Now it take 6-9 month to get there, Google sandbox is filter for new sites lowering the trust and visibility.

"Clickbank for instance - most products give 75% commission on their products"

Some Clickbank products give 75% commission, but not all, and not most.

"6-8% commission on a $800 product isn't bad if you're sending amazon 5 - 10 sales per day!'

Sure, not bad, but how many products retail for $800 and do you really think that you are the chosen one who will be making 5-10 sales of $800 products per day? Stop dreaming. Average conversion is 2-3%, to make 5 sales/day you need to get 200-500 people with intention to buy $800 product on your site each day. Not just interested readers, but people with intention to buy. And high price will attracts high competition.Think of mesothelioma or injury lawyer domains.

"I may offer bad link removal at an extra cost for these domain names"

Free tool right here:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

To all this said I want to add few things.
Creating successful content sites is definitely possible nowadays, but it's not as easy as creating10-20 pages of content or just spending 10 hours and only picking up checks after that. It will take decent amount of time and money investment. Quality links alone sell for $50-150. People offering scholarships worth of $1000, just to score 1 .edu link. And because of Google sandbox you will have to first invest this money, then wait and pray for 6-9 months hoping that Google will let your site rank. Sure, you can rush this process via link building with PBN or other black SEO tactics, but it will add the risk of site getting banned at any time. Also it will lower possible sale valuation. There's no free cheese other than in mousetrap. Margins of site creations is pretty good, but there's risk involved in the process. It's not as easy. That's why @magnizmo doesn't give you any warranty, and just sell web design/content creation.

If making successful sites that sell for $100K was that easy and only took 10 hours, he would be popping them non-stop at 1 site/day, after selling his first one, instead advertising basic packages for $200-250 here :) Don't you think so?

•••
I recently sold a mini site that promoted clickbank products as an affiliate. It was generating around $2k per week. This site sold for $100k and was 10 months old. I also sold fairly new mini sites (less than 6months old) for $20k. These had no more than 20 pages of content on them.

Congrats on those sales.

Could you give a chronological history of your site sales? I don't want to know the domain names, I just want to know roughly how much each sold for and the month and year you sold them.

Thanks.

•••
Hi there @djum
Thanks for your comment and doing your due diligence. I think it's very important to do one due diligence before buying anything online.

While each of these statements by itself maybe true, I find it impossible for all of them to be true at the same time. Creating quality site and ranking it it's tedious process, starting with competitive analysis and keyword research that alone takes 2-3 days. And it's one of the most important steps. Even if you use template from Envato, buying content at iWriter, it still takes more than 10 hours to perfect the posts, check the quality of the content, apply right tags, etc, etc, And I didn't even start the linkbuilding part of the job.

I understand what you're saying and I'm not saying every site is going to be the same as this instance. I did in fact only spend 10 hours on this site in total. The only time I spent after everything was set up and running (including backlinks) is checking stats like rankings and earnings.

I don't think I've ever spent 2 - 3 days doing competition and keyword research. I can do all this in a few hours and that's including niche research sifting through other sites, products in the niche and finding blogs, forums and social media groups to comment and interact with. Sorry but 2 -3 days is a long time in my opinion.

I target the low hanging fruit - well a mix of long tail keywords and medium comp keywords. I also think outside the box when it comes to keyword research. I use programs such as market samurai and long tail pro for keyword research.

With the site I sold for 100k - this was a 17 page site for 10 months, no updates. I've also had many other sites that I've added content to and left there sitting doing its own thing. Rankings stayed strong throughout the whole life of the site. The site for 100k STILL ranks in the top 3 for all the keywords I targeted.

Template - 20 seconds to install a theme with wordpress, about an hour to customise it. Content is where I spend most of the time. Depending on the topic it will take longer or shorter. If it's something I'm passionate about or have knowledge about I can smash an article out pretty quick over 1000 words. I normally tell a story with my content. This story will trigger emotion and all kinds of psychological soft selling techniques to get the reader to keep reading.

Adding tags, headings like h1, h3, bolding important words, underlining certain words, adding keyword rich keywords to images and making sure the title tag and seo description doesn't take very long at all to add. I'm not sure how long everyone else takes to do this but I certainly don't hours adding this features to my websites.

Not really. What Google likes about sites is constant development, if you don't update regularly, you rankings will start fade away. 2006-2007 when you put a website out there and it's in the SERP 2 weeks after is long time gone. Now it take 6-9 month to get there, Google sandbox is filter for new sites lowering the trust and visibility.

Sure google likes sites that are updated regularly but not all the time and I've proved this wrong with my sites. This really does depend on the keyword, the page and how well you've optimised the page for search engines both on site and off site. Again, these sites stick when they finish doing their google dance. Rankings have stayed strong throughout the life of the sites. Also, if you write engaging content that is good, people link to it on their own - natural/organic backlinks.

Another myth that I have proved wrong is bounce rate. Most of my sites had high bounce rates - these are affiliate sites and the whole idea of it is to get people to leave via the affiliate link. All the talk about high bounce rates affecting rankings in my opinion is bull..sure maybe for some cases but I am yet to see this to be a factor.

6-9 months to get there, yeah maybe for a mid to high competitive keyword but this is definitely not the case for every keyword especially long tail low comp. Again, I think outside the box when it comes to keyword research and content creation. This is how I've become some what successful at it. Normally it takes around 2 months some times earlier to see ranking. Google will do it's little dance with the keyword to see where it's going to rank the keyword then it becomes sticky until another site does a better job and out ranks it...

I've only ever had one site go into google sandbox/penalised and that was about 4 years ago. I actually spent a lot of time on this site and I fell for the whole blackhat link building techniques for quick ranking, this site was ranking very well already and making me around $800 per week (The content/reviews were killer), then the link building service I used at the time sent a bunch of spammy/shit links to it and it was no where to be seen in the search engines and the earnings went to $0 over night.

^ I learnt a HUGE lesson from this. Quality is far more important than Quantity. I also learnt to be very careful with any kind of link building techniques.

Some Clickbank products give 75% commission, but not all, and not most.

Sorry but the majority of clickbank products that I promote are 75% and when you build a good relationship with a vendor some will bump that up, especially if you're sending them sales. I get 90% commissions for one of the products I promote at the moment because I've sent a good volume of sales and built a relationship with the vendor. I definitely didn't say all are 75% but even the lower end of 50% is still a high commission rate compared to Amazon, commission junction and some cpa offers.

Sure, not bad, but how many products retail for $800 and do you really think that you are the chosen one who will be making 5-10 sales of $800 products per day? Stop dreaming. Average conversion is 2-3%, to make 5 sales/day you need to get 200-500 people with intention to buy $800 product on your site each day. Not just interested readers, but people with intention to buy. And high price will attracts high competition.Think of mesothelioma or injury lawyer domains.

Amazon has millions of products and there are shit loads over $800. Replica motorcycle helmets $600 - $1200. Welders - $600 - $6000, ride on lawn mowers, scooters, drones, tv's, laptops, the list goes on..I definitely not saying "I'm the chosen one" but Ive been doing this for years. 2-3% conversion rate - yeah that's probably the norm but not for everyone..As an affiliate, it's our job to get the potential customer warmed up so they are HOT to buy. If you have the right content and copy conversion rates can be more like 30%. Write better content - Target the right audience - Recommend the right product to that audience..Maybe this will help you with your conversion rate..

The thing with Amazon as well, I've found people will buy other items as well. a lot of the time they are very random items. Funny thing is I've promoted stuff like welding helmets and people of gone on to buy some kind of sex toy.

It's actually very doable to hit 5-10 sales per day. No offence, but maybe you need to dream bigger?

The high price certainly does attract competition but again you have to think outside the box. Be smarter than the competition. Sometimes this isn't very hard to do...

^ not everyone wants to do this on their own and not everyone has the confidence to do it. Sure it's not a very hard process but again, not everyone wants to do it. I will be adding as an add on...might even add bad link removal for free..I'm still looking into everything to make it a great service. I'm not going to rush this, I want to make sure everything is planned from the get go...

To all this said I want to add few things.
Creating successful content sites is definitely possible nowadays, but it's not as easy as creating10-20 pages of content or just spending 10 hours and only picking up checks after that. It will take decent amount of time and money investment. Quality links alone sell for $50-150. People offering scholarships worth of $1000, just to score 1 .edu link. And because of Google sandbox you will have to first invest this money, then wait and pray for 6-9 months hoping that Google will let your site rank. Sure, you can rush this process via link building with PBN or other black SEO tactics, but it will add the risk of site getting banned at any time. Also it will lower possible sale valuation. There's no free cheese other than in mousetrap. Margins of site creations is pretty good, but there's risk involved in the process. It's not as easy. That's why @magnizmo doesn't give you any warranty, and just sell web design/content creation.

If making successful sites that sell for $100K was that easy and only took 10 hours, he would be popping them non-stop at 1 site/day, after selling his first one, instead advertising basic packages for $200-250 here :) Don't you think so?

Again, I'm not saying every site will take only 10 hours. I used this as an example of a site I owned and sold. I'm definitely not saying that everyones site is going to be as successful either. Sorry but 10 - 20 page mini sites still work, still rank and still make money..

Sure you can spend $50 - $100 on a link but you can also get quality backlinks for free. Again, you just have to think outside the box. Also, I've ranked sites with very little to no backlinks - it all depends on the content, the keyword and the niche.

With the many sites I've owned and sold only one has been sandboxed and I learned a valuable lesson from that - don't throw masses of shit links at your website..

I don't use PBN links or blackhat so to speak. Most link building is blackhat according to Google I just do what has worked and still works. Again, I don't do pump and dump sites..These sites still rank!

Sure there are risks involved as there are with just about everything in life and again I'm not guaranteeing the sites will make money but I will be working my butt off so there is a higher chance of them making money..

I do still own many sites, manage sites for friends that I have helped gain a steady income online and I also buy and sell websites still and will continue to do so...

It would be a lot smarter of me to actually pop out a bunch of sites and get them ranking and banking but I get more reward out of helping others rather than seeing piles of money. Life isn't all about money and it certainly doesn't buy you happiness. It will make life a little easier and comfortable...I used to stack bricks all day before I started internet marketing..I now have multi level disc disease and my back is like one of a 60 year old. I'm only 36! I'm doing this as a hobby because I enjoy making websites and helping people..

My goal isn't to get rich of this service and a lot of the time I will probably break even if I add time into it, I'm in it for the challenge.

Thanks again for your comment. I appreciate all feedback good and bad. I know this wont be for everyone and I know there are going to be doubters and maybe even haters. The reason I started this thread was to see if there was an interest for this. There definitely is and with every ones motivating feedback it's pushed me to go forward with it.

It's still in the early stages and I do have a lot to plan.
Thanks again
Wazza

•••
Hi there vincew.
Thanks for your comment.
Congrats on those sales.

Could you give a chronological history of your site sales? I don't want to know the domain names, I just want to know roughly how much each sold for and the month and year you sold them.

Thanks.

The site that went for $100k was in July this year, but didn't settle until august. Two other sites I sold this year one which was in august as well sold for $18k (not $20k sorry, after broker fees I ended up with $20kAU), The other site I sold was just over $10k which was in from memory feb this year? I've also sold lots of smaller sites this year as well. One jus the other day for $1000, actually this was an ecommerce site and I sold it very cheap in my opinion.

Last year I sold a bunch of sites nothing as big as the $100k but a lot in the mid to high $x,xxx. A bunch of starter sites under $1000, some that I bought and flipped. I used to buy sites, do some work on them to get them ranking or making more money then flip them.

Year before last I sold a site for $12k a handful of sites for under $10k and many under $1000.

Year before that I sold the one site that got penalised by google for $1800 (if it didn't get penalised it could have sold for $30k +. Sold a few arcade sites in this year as well, one for $9k another for $6k.
I also bought a LLN.com for $500 put a nice arcade flash game site and then sold it a few month later for $2k

Sold a few the year before that too.

I can't remember every site and which month sorry. I could go back and have a look but it would take me ages. I might go back and look through when I get time..

Thanks again for your comment.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not the hater, but prefer to live in real world, not in magic one populated with unicorns.
Using your example niche "Replica motorcycle helmets". Most sites in top-10 are real businesses with awesome sites. Only one site fits the pattern of affiliate.

replicaracehelmets.com

And it has 3688 links built since 2011, when it went live. Traffic is only 8300 visitors each month = 276/day. As I suspected, niches with high payout attract higher competition. I highly doubt that you can outrank site that is 5 years old and tons of links with 20 pages of 1000 words each written in 10 hours and no thorough link analysis for link building. You can score some links for free, true, but to find out where you have to analyze competitors. It means find 20-30 of them in the niche. Download all their links, go and see how they built them and think if you can do the same for free, or contact webmasters of those sites to see if it's possible to do it for money. That's why it takes 2-3 days, and really it takes longer.
I have LTP and Market Samurai too, together with Scapebox and some other software. Btw, if you haven't used LTP lately you will find that now it takes much longer to do research and makes little sense to use it at all, after Google disabled exact search volume in Keyword Planner.

To build niche sites about laptops and TVs will be huge waste of time right now, because of enormous competition in this area.

I have to see yet people linking to affiliate site on their own :)

"Thinking outside the box", "keyword rich keywords" - all that buzz words marketers use when they want to impress people and can't explain what they really do. SEO is pure mathematics, where strict rules apply.

1. Older sites rank higher than sites under 1 year.
2. Sites with stronger links rank higher (stronger links usually cost top dollar, not made for free)
3. Sites with more links rank higher.
4. Sites with longer content rank higher
5. Sandbox is reality, there's few ways to surpass it, if you have aged domain, use link explosion via social media, strong links, but there not with new site.

There's another problem that you will be facing. Since domains already owned by people they won't necessary will fit the "low hanging fruit" niche with low competition. Actually very few if any will, since people here are domainers, not SEO they trying to get domains that will apply to popular niches, to have more potential buyers. t means that you will be working in niches with enough competition, where pure content won't get you to top-10, need links and good ones.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not the hater? Clearly you are with all the sarcasm in your replies, but it's ok I get that you're concerned.

The replica helmets was thrown in as an example that there are products over $800

I also don't know where you get exact traffic that replicaracehelmets.com gets, do you own it? Maybe for the term "replica race helmets" it could bring in that traffic but what about all the reviews of each product? Different variations of the phrase and what, this site only gets traffic from one keyword phrase?? Come on...Don't forget about the other search engines as well...Maybe it ranks for magical unicorn as well? Just one sale from a magical unicorn would bring in a hefty commission...

Even if it did only get 256 visitors per day and only made JUST ONE sale per day from an $800 helmet that is still really good money. Compared to parking your domain names wouldn't you rather $50 per day than a couple of bucks for parking? That's $350 a week..I know a lot of people would be very happy with that.

I also wouldn't be going up against highly competitive keywords like that. Sure I would include them but the focus will be ranking for the low comp keywords to get traffic coming in. As the site ages, then it may have a chance of out ranking those sites.

Ohh and as for outranking older sites, I've done it plenty of times. Age is a factor but it's not the most important one in the search engines algorithms.

with 20 pages of 1000 words each written in 10 hours and no thorough link analysis for link building.

Again, not every site is going to take 10 hours of work. The site I sold literally took me 10 hours in total - it out ranked everything and this was with very little link building. I was targeting keywords no one else was thinking of targeting - not every product out there has an affiliate program or way for competition to monetise with ;)

It's definitely do able it all depends on the niche, the keywords and the content. Of course it's not going to take 10 hours to put a site together and rank it for payday loans..I wouldn't even bother trying to rank for that.

As for laptops, tvs ect again, I was using it as an example that there are plenty of products out there over $800..Of course it will be hard to rank for a lot of these kind of keywords, there will however be ways to rank for related keywords. Some tv's will have higher comp than others - build a site that reviews tvs or laptops with lower comp product review keywords - these might be cheaper tv's or laptops with less competition write an engaging review about why you don't really recommend such a low end laptop or tv and then recommend a more expensive product that has more features. Explain why it's a better option to buy the higher end and go into all the details comparing each product...

I have to see yet people linking to affiliate site on their own :)

Write better content!

"Thinking outside the box", "keyword rich keywords" - all that buzz words marketers use when they want to impress people and can't explain what they really do. SEO is pure mathematics, where strict rules apply.

Thinking outside the box...I'm guessing you follow all the sheep? Keyword rich keywords was meant to be keyword rich images most likely, my apologies.

I'm not trying to create buzz or impress people. I merely asked a question - would anyone be interested if I started a service like this. Seo is different for different keywords, I've ranked sites with literally no backlinks at all from a fresh domain. Again, it all depends on the keywords..

1. Older sites rank higher than sites under 1 year.

Not always true...

2. Sites with stronger links rank higher (stronger links usually cost top dollar, not made for free)

Not every keyword has high authority websites with strong link profiles. Choose your keywords better, rank for the low hanging fruit first once the site has aged then go broader..

3. Sites with more links rank higher.

Not always true. I've seen sites with links in the hundreds be out ranked by sites with less than 10. Quality will trump quantity most of the time.

4. Sites with longer content rank higher

This is why I always aim for over 1000 words per page. The more the better but not always.
Again, I've seen sites rank higher with 300-500 words over a 1000+ article. But I do always like to have more content on my sites..

Sandbox is reality, there's few ways to surpass it, if you have aged domain, use link explosion via social media, strong links, but there not with new site.

It certainly is reality. As I mentioned I had a site go down a few years ago. Again, these are not pump and dump websites and by this I mean not the type of sites that people throw thousands of links at (new or aged old domains) get them ranking quickly only to see them fade out or be penalised. I don't do that and I've learnt from that mistake years ago.

There's another problem that you will be facing. Since domains already owned by people they won't necessary will fit the "low hanging fruit" niche with low competition. Actually very few if any will, since people here are domainers, not SEO they trying to get domains that will apply to popular niches, to have more potential buyers. t means that you will be working in niches with enough competition, where pure content won't get you to top-10, need links and good ones.

Where there is a will there is a way. I understand there will be domain names that are of all kinds of walks.
Let's take a domain I just sold as an example - smizle

I'd possibly make this into an affiliate website that reviews kids toys on amazon.
I'd research popular products that are relatively easy to rank for and write reviews that recommend and compare different toys. This kind of domain name could also be used as an ecommerce site that does dropshipping - a little more work would be involved but this could also be outsourced if needed. Of course that will cost money but if the site is making good money hiring someone will not be a problem...

An affiliate site reviewing toys I know wouldn't be a massive money maker but if done right it can definitely be more profitable than parking and could easily make your money back spent on the service.

Once again, thanks for your interest, concerns and questions. I welcome any kind of feedback.

Please note tho, to save any sarcasm - not every site will take a 10 hours. The examples were there to show as an example of other products over X amount of dollars, I'm not using buzz words to impress people. To be honest I didn't expect such an interest from everyone. I was happy to do this as a hobby and to help others.

Have a good day!

•••
@magnizmo go for it,

i sold similar websites with 10 original articles a few years ago, i sold them for 200$ ,
Will people make money out of them? it depend on each person,
one client in particular was quite successful as he expanded the website to sell his own products

the point is to have a website already indexed, with strong back-links
and it's easier to edit articles than to write ones from scratch, it's a starter website

also, you better learn by starting than asking people on forums,
most people talk about things they never touched, they just read tons of BS on seo and google.....

•••
Thanks for your comment @DomainChap and advice.
Nice work! I totally agree with you re it depends on the person.

That's another good point about all the BS out there on seo and google. Trouble is, some people take some of the crap way too serious or believe in it without actually doing it themselves.

Will push forward with the service but I do have to finish up on other things so I have more focus for it.
Thanks again!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back