Dynadot

Would this business model actually work?

NameSilo
Watch

horusprim

Established Member
Impact
Some time ago I read about a simple business model to profit buying and selling domain names. It sounded to good to be true so I never tried it. Nonetheless, here is the method:

1. Find domains you can buy for $5 to $10.
2. Make sure domains relate to a competitive niche like finance, insurance, health, poker, etc.
3. Domains must be aged a minimum of 13 years.
3. Buy domains and resell at $60 a pop at various domain marketplaces around the web.

Supposedly these domain names are valuable to SEO's. because of their age and keyword relevance.

Could such a plan work? Why and why not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Getting decent, aged domains at $5 or $10 is the hard part. There's a reason people have no problem paying the $60 a pop when one becomes available. Why care what anyone here has to say? Try it yourself and see if it works for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

•••
Some time ago I read about a simple business model to profit buying and selling domain names. It sounded to good to be true so I never tried it.

where did you find this model?

•••
•••
3. Domains must be aged a minimum of 13 years.
Why not five years, eight years..
Why $5 to $10..why not $5 to $50?
Do you renew the domains that you can't sell..
Do you develope backlinks to add value..
Do you park these domain..
Etc..

That business model is too basic but not a bad one to work with and tweak to your style of buying/selling (flipping)

Kinda of reminds me of flipping houses..
Find a house..fix it up..flip house..< there is more to it than that

•••
By the time you sell 30 domains for $60/each and make $1800, one of your buyers are going to sell the domain they bought off of you for $3000 a week later.

This business is funny like that.

•••
By the time you sell 30 domains for $60/each and make $1800, one of your buyers are going to sell the domain they bought off of you for $3000 a week later.

This business is funny like that.

Well, there are always advantages and disadvantages taking the safe or the risky part.

•••
Finding domains is time-consuming.
Listing them is time-consuming.
Handling sales is time-consuming.
You have to make your time worthwhile.

I think this is not a real business model, but a model for new domainers who want to get their feet wet. After flipping a few domains to other domainers they will naturally want to move up the ladder.

•••
•••
anticareer dot com/how-to-make-a-guaranteed-10-a-day-with-domain-names/
The author of that article has not even tried this business model himself. He just saw someone on a forum flipping GD Closeout domains for $65, and then just guessed that the seller must have flipped a domain every 1-2 days, and that by flipping GD closeout names on forums you can “Make a Guaranteed $10 a Day”.

•••
Lol. This is the drop catcher model.
However, you are the one that's going to pay the $60 (or $79+)

Last edited:
•••
its hard to say well your model is different

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back