IT.COM

Worst gtld not yet applied for?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Loads of names out there that have not yet been used as a new extension.

Plenty of those already in existence are awful, what do you think could be the worst one, let's say 7 letters maximum to keep it sort of sensible.

I'll start with .toenail

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
.toejam > .toenail ???
image.jpg

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
This might as well be the 26 letter game on NamePros. I'm sure anything else came up will match counterparts in, sucking. But, there are a few good ones still out there if you have the "EMD" IMO.

In the middle of developing a EMD ngTLD. See how it goes.

•••
This might as well be the 26 letter game on NamePros. I'm sure anything else came up will match counterparts in, sucking. But, there are a few good ones still out there if you have the "EMD" IMO.

In the middle of developing a EMD ngTLD. See how it goes.

What amaze me is there are actually investors paying big money to run all the shitty ones.

•••
Gotta realize that a registry can merely be ran by less than 15 employees (I'd keep a small one that way to not be required to comply with E/O). Supposing the application and legal fees were $500,000 for that ngTLD and their average income for each employee is $60,000. That's only $1.4m.

Now, everyone can own everything.theirdelegatedstring.

Take dotLuxury (average price of $550 per domain) for instance. I don't know (or care) how many employees they have or legitimate domains. Let's just assume all 1236 dotLuxury domains paid full price. That is $679,800 after launch and under the assumption of rough costs, 50% of what they've invested. Not bad.

Now rewind to ICANN announcing that fees will be reduced for registries for their dotCrap renewal, the end user price to renew or register remaining the same and they still have dotLuxury renewals and registrations going forward.

It's a bad string with a high price tag, but it can be self sufficient, just like many others (without crunching too many numbers such as office space, taxes, etc. and keeping it simple).

For example, doing rough numbers on dotNinja, they have 18,751 domains with a $15 average price. That's $281,265 which is nearly $100,000 in "profit" and could be ran by 2 people, which is a sweet 50k each for filling out a piece of paper and sending $185,000 in (with hopefully projected growth, but either way, I don't think they'd care if another registry had to take them in if they did in fact profit).

I don't know how a registry works, but I do know for sure they have minimal clients to deal with as they primarily do business with registrars. That dramatically reduces their operations because they don't need 1,000 customer support agents dealing with questions like, "How do I change my name servers?... What is a name server?"

Food for thought and shows you that a lot of people will buy dotCrap allowing the registries pocket big bucks in comparison to what they do verses a registrar (plus they can auction off "premium" names later, which some have done so far) with the registrars being the ultimate winners in this game and domainer's losing their life savings if they're not careful.

* Not taking in consideration fake registrations, parked names, etc.. I'm being optimistic and stating they are all real in these numbers. We know .xyz cooked numbers, which is why you have to be somewhat pessimistic in the others, but math was much easier this way to make a point.

•••
.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

•••
.abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
I tried getting DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW.XYZ so I could screw up the World Wide Web and make it ABC.DEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVW.XYZ :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
•••
As mentioned in the first post.

Keep them under 7 letters to keep it sensible, if that is possible!

.Urine But I think people may consider you are taking the piss!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I would vote for:

.gentian

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back