Domain Empire

Won the auction and gives the domain to another user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
Godaddy, Auction of four letter domains, final price of the domain name $145 and They were paid, this was 4 days ago, but today the domain name is under another person.

Call Godaddy, and said that the original owner payment redemption fee to recover.

This is possible ?? ,...Need help plz.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, this happens sometimes if the original owner chooses to renew and pay the extra fee.

•••
that happens!! .. is an unacceptable practice...$%^@$%^@$%^@$%!%^@!$#%^@$%^@$%^@$%^@%^@$^%>:(>:(>:(>:(

•••
If you find this unacceptable, then don't bid on the auctions. This has been discussed in many threads on NP.

•••
that happens!! .. is an unacceptable practice...$%^@$%^@$%^@$%!%^@!$#%^@$%^@$%^@$%^@%^@$^%>:(>:(>:(>:(

The original owner has one week to renew after the end of the auction. That's why the domain wasn't placed in your account yet.

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-shenanigans-corrupt-and-unethical-auction-practice.823777/#post-4645332
Here is what Paul Nicks said to our very own Ms.Domainer in the comments of an interview I did with him.

Ms Domainer, re: the 42/45 day question:
Good question and one that I sincerely hope I can clarify. First, I’ll underscore a point I made in the interview, we created the system to give our registrants the ability to keep or redeem their name as long as possible. With that as the backdrop, hopefully the following explanation will make more sense.
For many TLDs we are given a grace period of up to 45 days after expiration to decide whether to keep or drop a domain. On the 25th day after expiration, after three attempts to contact the registrant, we put our expiring inventory onto the Go Daddy Auctions platform to see if any of our other customers are interested in acquiring them. During the entire time a domain is at auction the current registrant is able to redeem that domain, albeit for a fee.
On the 42nd day we will cancel the domain name if no other customer has expressed an interest in it via either the auction system or a Go Daddy backorder. If, however, a customer has expressed an interest via either of these platforms we will move the domain to their account on day 43. Since the domain is still in the Go Daddy ecosystem we do allow, in rare circumstances, the original registrant to get the domain back via our redemption system up until day 45 which signifies the end of the grace period.
Our help documentation (http://support.godaddy.com/help/art...s-for-handling-expired-domain-names?locale=en) specifies day 42 for deletion because our registrants need to understand that if they do not redeem prior to that date they could lose their domain forever. However, we will continue to err on the side of the registrant when it comes to the edge cases where a domain owner calls asking whether they can get their domain back after day 42.
I hope that helps ease any confusion around this topic.
-Paul

http://tldinvestors.com/2012/08/quick-chat-with-paul-nicks-go-daddy-aftermarket.html
Just something to be aware.

•••

Yep the drops are not confirmed until in your account

•••
Even then there have been cases of them being removed from your account. I've had one removed from my account which GoDaddy took for themselves. And not as Paul Nicks claims, that they can removed from your account and given back to the original owner. This happened to me before Nick took the reins, under Bob Parsons.

•••
again... today i lose 2 domain of 4 ... is unacceptable you're leaving your money to someone, you expect something in return, but if you keep the money 1 day only wins Godaddy, my money is in the air, godaddy no is my bank.

For 4 domain name I have spent: $377 ....now godaddy need to return like $200 within 20 days..you see, in the air fo 20 days

•••
At last godaddy refunds, unlike dynadot which keeps the money and add you credit in your account

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back