Dynadot

.tv With all the hoopla around .in does it rank above .cc .ws .tv and .sc ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

IMO, YES with no doubt.

The ext. is really nice (.in can stand for internet, international etc etc, even if it was not my motivation when I regged some) AND it is the ccTLD of one of the biggest English speaking countries (Here is the huge difference with .cc .ws .tv and .sc !).

Of course, that's maybe because I have no .cc .ws .tv and .sc and own some .in and .co.in ... But I foresee a very good future for .co.in and .in

Grégoire.

•••
Hoopla not withstanding, it probably does have more potential as an extention in most cases.
There are exceptions to this rule, and I think there are still better "finds" available in .cc and .sc than in .in, so there exists more possibilities in the present to make a profit from the .cc's and .sc's , but the .in's will gain more value in the long run.
-Allan

•••
I have to agree.. with a huge english speaking indigenous population, .in has loads of potential... marketing and promotion will be key tho to it's continued success. Not to mention that unless people actually develop their .in, it won't mean much outside the circle of domain speculators.

IAmAllanShore said:
Hoopla not withstanding, it probably does have more potential as an extention in most cases.
-Allan

•••
.IN is not "in" yet, in my op in ion!!!!!

Buying and registering .in's is one thing, but selling them is another!!! I don't think you make make any hoopla, not even 1 "yeah" by itself, until we see some domain sales!!! Just like .tv's , lots of people registered the, including myself, but not many sales that I see. I think ,cc's are starting to come around, I hope to sell www.SearchEngine.cc some day for a decent price.

I wouldn't get too excited until there is something to get excited about!! Catching a nice keyword with a .in is very nice, of course, but let's not throw a party yet!!! "IN" mho
So, you answer your question, I would have to say "NO", .in does not rank above the others ,yet. Maybe, someday, but today, no. Or something like that!!!

Frank :gl: D-:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back