Dynadot

domains With 48 hours to go the Sedo 'LL' auction has only 1 of 5 'LL'.com's above $100k. None yet reached their reserve.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Sedo 'LL' domain auction which includes 5 .com's has only one of those .com's presently above $100k. Yes I know that with 48 hours to go there is obviously a lot of bids will come in, one expects a possible avalanche of bids in the last hour, but only one 'LL'.com already above $100k at this stage does surprise me.

Of the 398 domains listed many of, indeed the majority, have no bids at all, and yes these are ccTLD's and newer TLDs, but many have reserves of under $100.

The full list of domains and current bids are at:

https://sedo.com/search/?language=en&listing_type[0]=4&auction_event[0]=551&itm_medium=Button&itm_campaign=Events&itm_source=Home&itm_content=2L_Auction&itm_term=INT

How many of the 'LL'.com's do you expect to make their reserve (between $1million - $2million) and sell?

(Disclaimer - I have NO domains in the auction nor am I associated with any of the owners of the domains AFAIK,)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not really surprised at this Bill. With the world economy as weak and crazy as it is and the U.S. economy on the edge of a collapse what would you expect? Inflation is out of control so the Fed finally has to put the brakes on, which will bring things to a halt. The days of free money are almost over. The only people buying major assets these days like homes and stocks don't understand basic economic principles. Domain names are a safe long term investment alternative purchased at a "reasonable" price.

•••
I don't expect any LL.com to sell for those price ranges at a domain auction.

Despite the rarity, those are basically end user prices.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I'm not really surprised at this Bill. With the world economy as weak and crazy as it is and the U.S. economy on the edge of a collapse what would you expect? Inflation is out of control so the Fed finally has to put the brakes on, which will bring things to a halt. The days of free money are almost over. The only people buying major assets these days like homes and stocks don't understand basic economic principles. Domain names are a safe long term investment alternative purchased at a "reasonable" price
I am surprised not that they haven't reached their reserves, if this happens it will be at the end of the auction IMO (if at all), but the fact that 4 of the 5 haven't yet achieved the $100k mark. (I agree about the economy both in the US and worldwide BTW.)

I don't expect any LL.com to sell for those price ranges at a domain auction.

Despite the rarity, those are basically end user prices.

Brad
Yes, this is the problem with auctions, the auction venue rarely reaches out and publices the auction effectively to non-domainers, i.e. 'end users', therefore the problem is end-user prices are rarely achieved. (This does not just apply to Sedo but other well known auction organisers as well IMO.)

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back