IT.COM

Win 150 NP$. Can you do affiliate with undeveloped Domain Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can you do affiliate programs with undeveloped Domain Names? If you prefer to PM me that's fine. I thought I remembered seeing an affiliate program that offered a way to get going without a developed site.

I work from home full time and have spent the last 2+ years learning to drive high quality SE traffic to domains but now that Arbi has taken a hit in the domain industry. I need to get the highest income coming in as quickly as possible. Of course my family depends on me and working a 9-5 away from home job doesn't pay enough.

1. Can you do an affiliate program with undeveloped Domain Names?

2. Any direct contacts would be nice.

3. I have many names with various descriptive niches in almost any industry.

4. Any and all detailed suggestions welcomed.

5. I'm open to other detailed ideas

If there's any really helpful answer/s that tell me some things I don't already know (shouldn't be hard) I'll pick the best answer and submit 150NP$ to you and give rep. I'll post who if anyone got the NP$

Help a fellow domainer :) I'll give it 72hours

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure. There are a lot of affiliate programs that automatically approve affiliates - so you won't have a problem there. With Shareasale.com, you can see who these affiliates are before applying to their program.

But your best bet is to "quickly" develop your site using an existing template - just get something up there. Merchants and affiliate networks just want to see that you're site won't reflect negatively on their brand.

Linkshare and commission junction both allow you to list all of the sites in your portfolio, so any sites you have developed be sure to list them. This will show them a sampling of your work. *Don't list any sites you may have related to gambling, adult, etc.

It also helps to drop the affiliate manager of the site you want join an email and just tell them that your site isn't developed yet but you would like to build it around their program. They can help you out if you can develop a trusted relationship with them.

Some well respected affiliate programs include:
1. Sierra Trading Post
2. Omaha Steaks
3. Football Fanatics

Also, get on the Abestweb.com forums, you can learn quite a bit there.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Nice info TimmyB11, So nice you made me think my offer was to low. It's now 500 NP$for the best advice and so far your the winner.

I do have one question, you say just use an existing template - just get something up there. Most of my names are through Godaddy which comes with 5 page starter site. Can I actually make money with this? If so how?

Timmy11B said:
Sure. There are a lot of affiliate programs that automatically approve affiliates - so you won't have a problem there. With Shareasale.com, you can see who these affiliates are before applying to their program.

But your best bet is to "quickly" develop your site using an existing template - just get something up there. Merchants and affiliate networks just want to see that you're site won't reflect negatively on their brand.

Linkshare and commission junction both allow you to list all of the sites in your portfolio, so any sites you have developed be sure to list them. This will show them a sampling of your work. *Don't list any sites you may have related to gambling, adult, etc.

It also helps to drop the affiliate manager of the site you want join an email and just tell them that your site isn't developed yet but you would like to build it around their program. They can help you out if you can develop a trusted relationship with them.

Some well respected affiliate programs include:
1. Sierra Trading Post
2. Omaha Steaks
3. Football Fanatics

Also, get on the Abestweb.com forums, you can learn quite a bit there.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck!

•••
What I usually do to get a site going quickly is download a free wordpress theme from a site like www.wpthemesfree.com.
The hosting company I use (webmasters.com) allows up to 100 domains hosted under my main account.
I setup the new site with webmasters.com, change my nameservers at my registrar, and then ftp the wordpress theme to the site. You can then go in and administer the wordpress theme - and within minutes you have a working site. You can also find some temporary content for blog posts at a site like articlecity.com (just don't rely on these articles since everyone uses them and you don't want duplicate content) but it works for a start.

For example, I recently reg'd Adventure Survival and wanted to get a site up quickly. I followed the steps above, and I am now working on developing it further but for now there is a perfectly fine working site in place.

I would avoid the Godaddy starter site - if you don't have time to develop a domain, your best bet is to park it with someone like Fabulous, Parked, Parking Panel or Sedo.

Feel free to PM me with questions specific to your domains/niches - I may be able to help in some way.

Tim

Last edited:
•••
•••
Your 500NP$ Richer Timmy11B :)

•••
Deservedly so.

Excellent thread.
Rep for you Timmy.

•••
Timmy11B said:
What I usually do to get a site going quickly is download a free wordpress theme from a site like www.wpthemesfree.com.
The hosting company I use (webmasters.com) allows up to 100 domains hosted under my main account.
I setup the new site with webmasters.com, change my nameservers at my registrar, and then ftp the wordpress theme to the site. You can then go in and administer the wordpress theme - and within minutes you have a working site. You can also find some temporary content for blog posts at a site like articlecity.com (just don't rely on these articles since everyone uses them and you don't want duplicate content) but it works for a start.

For example, I recently reg'd Adventure Survival and wanted to get a site up quickly. I followed the steps above, and I am now working on developing it further but for now there is a perfectly fine working site in place.

I would avoid the Godaddy starter site - if you don't have time to develop a domain, your best bet is to park it with someone like Fabulous, Parked, Parking Panel or Sedo.

Feel free to PM me with questions specific to your domains/niches - I may be able to help in some way.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Your adventure survival site is not coming up. Can you please post it again so i can see an example ? Thanks. and yes it was great tip. I just happened to stumble upon it but after reading it really learnt something new. So thanks cuz I guess it will not only help Dnpresident but a lot of people.

Take care.

•••
Link should be fixed in my earlier post now - I had an extra http in there by accident. Adventuresurvival.com. Another example I did recently is gourmethealthyfood.com. Let me know if you have any questions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back