IT.COM

information Will Web3 domain name adoption every truly take off on a grand scale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

So over the weekend someone was asking me when Web3 domain names were going to take off? While being far from an expert on every little nook and cranny with regards to Web3 domains, my take was when the confusion ends.Then I read this article this morning on CoinTelegraph "Web3 usernames may see greater adoption due to recent advancements." Now the author addressed some of the problems with … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought people learned their lesson with the .info fluff and burst, but nah
I was wondering when someone would bring up .info, or .mobi because it's so relevant. Look at those killer extensions... they didn't work may as well close shop

•••
"Web3 usernames may see greater adoption due to recent advancements." Now the author addressed some of the problems with … [Read more...]

Web3 DNs /usernames feeding the parallelverse, metaverse, multiverse, name it, ... a layer under and above the classic Internet / DNS. Slowly, very slowly the web3 DNS is getting monitored and filtered (scam, tm, etc) but it will take a decade before the layer/s become (IF) usable (valuable) for the masses.

The Q? is;
Which companies will survive decade from now?
Is there signs a Web3DNs private companies going public?
Do Web3DNs sending signals of becoming acquisition/s target?
etc

For now, ... hard to find an answer that's not colored (scam, gas rip off, etc).

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Web3 is an upgrade planning to Web2, where people interactions will be like in real world. There are lands, buildings, markets, banks, schools to be visited like in the real world in Web3. Visiting Web3 will be like visiting a real building. People appearances are represented in the form of avatars, just like Namescon event a view years ago, where people can great each other in a form of avatar to avatar. The address in Web3 is a block in blockchain, not IP address. Web3 domains will be needed to mask block address in blockchain, just like domain name masking IP address in internet.

The question is only, when Metaverse will be available for daily use? It is still in development stage, and long way waiting.

Last edited:
•••
For now, ... hard to find an answer that's not colored (scam, gas rip off, etc).
Yeah I agree. Mostly look to people that don't post fluff on it rather realistic expectations and actual involvement beyond the "to the moon" crowd.

•••
Yeah I agree. Mostly look to people that don't post fluff on it rather realistic expectations and actual involvement beyond the "to the moon" crowd.
Xyzers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back