IT.COM

discuss Will .io overpower .com.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

abuislam

Established Member
Impact
There is no gainsaying that we are In a new world order of the internet known as Web 3.0.
This result to a surge in domains being a brand name for websites that provide services in digital and financial markets, exchanges, wallets, cryptocurrencies, Metaverse projects, Nfts marketplaces and Defi platforms etc.

What surprises is seeing this various websites opt in for .io as their TLD in favour of the all-time king of TLD, the .com.
The .io extension use to be a ccTLD assigned to the British India Ocean Territory but have found its way into the computer space due to its connotation as "Input/Output" which has make businesses in this niche to fully embraced it.

Do you see this widely adoption of .io in the digital and tech space, which are indisputably the future of the world economy a threat to the all-mighty .com?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IO has its place, nice extension. A threat to COM? No. IMO

Last edited:
•••
No.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Also I don't think that web3.0 is a thing that your average user has a clue about.

More context: I predicted that Facebook's new name wouldn't be Meta and I was wrong, but I did predict that .mobi would be a flop back in the day... 😁

Last edited:
•••
No - Com are and will always be the future of the internet economy

Last edited:
•••
This qustion was already asked every year since some kick offs started to register .io because .com wasn´t available. Long story short, no. Because investors wouldn´t allow it. They´ve invested to much capital in .com.

•••
The Web 3.0 trend is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Web 3.0 started in 2010, after the emergence of many sites that allow you to replace full-fledged tools. When you can connect with people through a browser, when you can create websites using constructors and the like.

For now, all startups promote Web 4.0 as Web 3.0, but in tech world we all understand, that these are just fairy tales for stupid investors who invest in stupid crafts in "metaverses" like Decentraland.

My answer is no.

Last edited:
•••
I like .io names. But, I don't see them surpassing .com

•••
Do you see this widely adoption of .io in the digital and tech space, which are indisputably the future of the world economy a threat to the cll-mighty .com?

No.

.Com = Coca-Cola

Last edited:
•••
•••
IO is specific to digital/tech fields like you said, when COM is generalist. How can you think IO will overcome COM ?
Even more generalist extensions cannot beat COM

•••
.io is king for ccTLD right now

.com is king for gTLD

Stay focus on law of attraction... where .com lead all extension, might be forever.

•••
It's still .com by a mile , io, net and org have their roles though.

•••
•••
•••
Do I see a theme here newbie? NO!

•••
According to the aftermarket salesreports, the answer should be a pretty clear 'NO'.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back