Domain Empire

question Your thoughts on .io

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThexxShwa

Established Member
Impact
Wanted to know what everyones thought is on .io Besides the fact that .com is king and .io is minimum 50 some dollars for a new reg. What do you think of .io? With .com, .net, and .org running out of good keyword domains, will people start using a more specific tld or gtld for their websites? or is .io the next favorite waiting for its pool of useful domains to be snatched up in the near future? Also do you think they are good for names that dont have to do with tech/gaming? Any in depth explanation is appreciated, rather than just saying "they are great" or "they suck, stick to .coms".

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I read .io is used much by (tech) startups and they go for .com later if they can afford it, I think .io has still enough potential imo. Nothing wrong with some .io domains in a portfolio. GLTA

Last edited:
•••
•••
Great sales history for dot io so you can use that as leverage as well as keyword strength. Keywords must be technology based but feel the rush is over.

Last edited:
•••
I have the same query folks specially on
Geo cities .io domain names. 🙏

•••
It's solid for true top quality branding terms. You can't just stick a .io at the end of any term like you can with .COM though.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back