IT.COM

opinion .IO and .AI names are widely embraced by the latest technology trends.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Let's decide which top-level domain (TLD) you prefer for your new tech brand

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • .COM

votes
    75.3%
  • .NET

votes
    4.3%
  • .CO

votes
    4.8%
  • .IO

votes
    30.1%
  • .AI

votes
    21.0%
  • .XYZ

votes
    9.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
The .ID domain registry has increased the prices for premium names consisting of a single-word and three-letter names. Additionally, the registration fees for.IO domains have significantly dropped after the excessive promotion of .AI domains.

It looks like a lot of new tech companies really like using .IO domains for their websites. In fact, quite a few of them have recently switched over to using .IO domains.

It's like a trend or a preference among these companies. They find the .IO domain cool and appealing, so they choose it for their websites. And not just a few, but quite a number of them have made the switch to using .IO domains recently. It's become quite popular in the tech industry.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the specific product or service, but I'd go with .com in most cases.

•••
for Ai focused startup -> .ai
for other tech startups -> .com & .io

•••
I voted for .com, .co and .io

•••
I am rather a business owner (my domain portfolio is less than 150 names).

For posts like these it makes sense to see if businesses put money in what they say :) .. everything else is irrelevant and broad speculations.

In Nov 2023 I co-founded a startup (2 co-founders and 1 full time employee) in the IT industry job board space. Yes, I know the space is highly competitive, and we still think that our domain name jobs.it.com will be a good help for us out here :)

I also own 2x businesses in the UK zone, and the rest are on .com, of course (recently left .London for .com).

Helmuts

•••
If you want to go big, dotcom is always the first choice. But for me, because I was born in Indonesia, .id is a solid choice if a .com is taken.

•••
If you want to go big, dotcom is always the first choice. But for me, because I was born in Indonesia, .id is a solid choice if a .com is taken.

If you are targeting local market, .id ccTLD would work great for Indonesia

•••
You're right. I've made some .id domain sales to small & medium businesses in Indonesia. Most of my clients don't want to spend a lot of money to buy a dotcom domain. So, as a former local webdev, I just advised them to buy a .id domain name instead.

•••
In computing, input/output (I/O) refers to the communication between an information processing system (such as a computer) and the outside world, including devices, networks, and users. The .io domain extension can be seen as a clever play on this technical term, symbolizing the connection between technology and the digital world. Similarly, the use of the .ai domain extension for artificial intelligence (AI) sites follows a comparable pattern to the use of .io for tech companies. The .ai domain extension aligns with the abbreviation for artificial intelligence, making it a natural choice for websites and companies focused on AI-related technologies and services. Just like .io for input/output and tech, the .ai domain extension has established itself as a recognizable and industry-specific TLD that helps differentiate AI-related websites and businesses within the tech sector. It provides a memorable and meaningful web address that resonates with the core focus of artificial intelligence, making it a strategic choice for companies looking to establish their presence in the AI space.

In conclusion, the widespread adoption of .io and .ai domain extensions by the latest technology trends reflects not only a clever play on technical terms but also a strategic branding choice that aligns closely with the core focus of technology and artificial intelligence, respectively. These domain extensions serve as powerful indicators of the specialized services and innovative nature of companies operating in these cutting-edge sectors, contributing to their distinct identity within the tech industry.

•••
The .ID domain registry has increased the prices for premium names consisting of a single-word and three-letter names. Additionally, the registration fees for.IO domains have significantly dropped after the excessive promotion of .AI domains.

It looks like a lot of new tech companies really like using .IO domains for their websites. In fact, quite a few of them have recently switched over to using .IO domains.

It's like a trend or a preference among these companies. They find the .IO domain cool and appealing, so they choose it for their websites. And not just a few, but quite a number of them have made the switch to using .IO domains recently. It's become quite popular in the tech industry.

Last edited:
•••
The one that compliments the name itself would be best for me.
Think of it as extended value. Or name shortening with extended value.

Investin.me / investinme.com ?
HeManWomanHaters.club
Video.stream

So there is no definitive answer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back