Dynadot

.info Will dot info Domain be good for SEO?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
From SEO view point, will dot info domain be good. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

From what some people tell me, .info is ranked the same as .com

Open Google and search for "Austria" and tell us what you see as the number one search result.

•••
SEO means search engine optimization but since search engines do not give any special treatment to any particular domain extension then it can not be good or bad really. If you are worried that search engines might ignore or discredit .info domains then don’t, it will get indexed and rank as well as any other extension.

•••
•••
Yes.

.info will rank good, with good development.

What i found more difficult was .BIZ. Don't know why

•••
any extention can rank good enough, it all depends on your seo work.

•••
•••
It can do. I have a .info only recently launched and on first page for a couple of terms already, and second page for a more competitive term.

•••
.INFO is not better for SEO :)

•••
Keyword dense searched for phrases are probably your best bet with any alternative extension. However, with enough original content country code .infos seem to rank well, examples include Germany.info, Slovenia.info, Austria.info, and Vienna.info. This may be because .info works very well with country keywords so the most able people develop them.

•••
There are tons of Russian .info sites, which is not a good thing.

•••
Yes and NO.

.info domain should work fantastic for information based websites. If you are planning an e-commerce website then then there are very dim chances for success.

Google supports those who obey rules (which are generally good for society), and .info is meant for information based websites.

•••
Any TLD can rank with the right SEO. The problem with .info domains is that they seem to have garnered a negative stigma due to all the blackhats that purchased tens of thousands of them over the years to be used as "throw away" domains because they are so cheap. Personally, I would purchase a .com, .net or even a .org before buying a .info to build a site on.

•••
.info is very good domain extention for domain name. But for seo Porpus we should take domain extention of our country extention.

mpcalling.com

•••
INFO domains are ranked the same as COM, NET and the others..I've got some developed .INFO domains which do very nicely SEO traffic wise. They work...They just aren't preferred! The only reason I developed mine is because they were free with a .COM purchase :)

•••
SEO works on the basis of popularity........ .com has good popularity, good number of domain names in .com is already registered thats why it is given higher ranking..

This way you can compare to other tlds as well.

•••
.INFO ranks just as good as .NET/.ORG as long as you have plenty of useful/original content that is constantly updated month after month.

•••
The TLD makes no difference in terms of SEO.

People have the misperception that .COMs are better for SEO simply because .COMs dominate the market in volume.

•••
I preffer .com domains, because Google still love it, and the same domain looks proffesional.

I had bad experience with .info domains. So hard for SEo optimisation...i don't know why.

•••
The main problem I have with .INFO domains is that you likely already have a competitor on the main .COM, and if you're trying to build a brandable website, the .COM is going to steal a lot of your word of mouth and type-in traffic.

If you're mainly planning on catering to google searchers, I guess it doesn't make as big of a difference, but I'd still stay away from them personally.

•••
The main problem I have with .INFO domains is that you likely already have a competitor on the main .COM, and if you're trying to build a brandable website, the .COM is going to steal a lot of your word of mouth and type-in traffic.

We tested this some time ago and most of the bleed occurs within a TLD. So greenwidgets.info would loose more traffic to widgets.info rather than greenwidgets.com or greenwidgets.ccTLD

The bleed to the associated greenwidgets.com can be almost eliminated through branding the whole domain 'greenwidgets.info' instead of just the term ' greenwidgets'.

On a developed site with good branding the total bleed is tiny and should be the last of people's worries since it's not significant in the overall scheme of things. Sure it's significant to domainers who are relying on PPC pages to generate revenue but that's a very low value proposition compared to a developed site.

•••
Yeh it has value just google it pagerank cheacker you wil see prcheacker.info wil be at 1st position due to qulity backlink

•••
share my experience

It depend on your website content .You can use the .info domain if your site contains any good information related pages .If your web pages having good content means it wont effect SEO..To improve the SEO you can get the service from a good reliable provider.Try to get the domain registration from a good domain registrar like 9cubehosting.com .

Last edited:
•••
Just an insight about .info

this would be an awkward.info website,
pinoy-ako.info and check it rankings, traffic so it all depends on your seo, your design to get a very good rankings. . Com still the best but seo wise, there is no specific tld's or extension.

•••
I stop using .info
Com = the best
Net & Org = good
From my experience, even dot Us still better than .Info

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back