Dynadot

poll Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

☀ Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017❓

• 1st

Yes of course

votes
    89.2%
  • 2nd

New extension will take over

votes
    9.7%
  • 3rd

No of course not

votes
    2.7%

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I enjoy getting old and hopefully wiser, but my body is slowly getting "younger", haha. Still some fat to loose.

come to Korat and join me
i lost 21 Kg in 7 month

getting fit ...
avoid rice in the evening

honestly : i am convinced to get a portfolio of mix domains ( classic and new )
is the right way...

•••
come to Korat and join me
i lost 21 Kg in 7 month

getting fit ...
avoid rice in the evening

honestly : i am convinced to get a portfolio of mix domains ( classic and new )
is the right way...

Have dropped about seven kilos of fat and gained a few kilos of meat since new year. I try to do it slowly as I will lose strength for the deadlifts otherwise. :pompous:

On topic: Yeah, sure. A mixed portfolio of old and new names is my agenda too.

•••
•••
Take my poll:

In 2017 will 99% of Namepros discussion content be idiotic trolling posts from noob domainers with more hope than brains?

1: For sure.
2: Michael Erhhardt will ensure it.
3: No question about it.
4: Yup - Just like last year.

Please leave your answer nowhere and knock your head into your monitor.

Here is what "I think" about your poll, Promo:

idiotic : For sure
trolling : No question about it.
noob : Yup - Just like last year.
hope : Michael Ehrhardt will ensure it.

No hard feelings :rolleyes:

•••
I just put you on ignore now. Its a new thing.

I am not the measure of all things. I am just better educated, have more experience and more brains than you.

Ohh and I am humble too!

•••
until the registries start promoting these extensions, normal people will not realize that .xyz .gnd .lbgt even exist.

Godaddy is a big and highly visible and known registrar to endusers and they feature new g's in their registration path.

I think it will take some more time, but because of sites like GD offering the new g's it gives them some credibility from a trusted seller and sooner or later they will begin to be accepted and finally catch on - some of them anyway.

If google places value more on content than on domain keywords, then the value of domains will go down.

Businesses will always need a domain and site.

It is true many small companies only need or use Facebook or similar sites to promote their businesses.

But medium to large businesses will always need a domain name and website and they are the major focus of the domain industry anyway - the ones with the funds to buy more valuable domains.

•••
I was skeptical about the new g's in the beginning, but I think they are doing better and will become a part of the accepted domain extensions in time, but not all.

Only a few will make it and most new g's will fail and fade away.

There are only a small group of new g's that will survive.

•••
•••
New g's are doing good, but it is not to say they are going to get rid of the .com in the nearest furure. Don't think so at all. From all indications, the new g's are even given more powers to .coms far more than what it used to be before. Almost all Chinese companies have possesd their .com domains and some are still looking to get their .com even when they have their ccTLDs versions.
Domainers are not the determinants of domain extensions in the market but, they auth to buy what is trendy and good for sales.

Last edited:
•••
It takes around 10 years for people to embrace major changes, so I estimate that after 7 years the number of start-ups which use ngtlds will equal com's.

Now you can register 3 words com sau 2 words ngtlds and sell them for $250. Me? I would choose any day a ngtld for this reason.

In 5 years, domainers will register all 2 words ngtlds and sell them for $2000, the same as com. Then, the price will be equal.

•••
It takes around 10 years for people to embrace major changes, so I estimate that after 7 years the number of start-ups which use ngtlds will equal com's.

Now you can register 3 words com sau 2 words ngtlds and sell them for $250. Me? I would choose any day a ngtld for this reason.

In 5 years, domainers will register all 2 words ngtlds and sell them for $2000, the same as com. Then, the price will be equal.

agree

•••
Every King, Every Product has its days.
As per product life cycle rules, .COM now in last stage:xf.cry: called Saturation and Decline stage.
I m not sure about nTLDs but ccTLDs will definitely rule this world. As most of the "End Users" prefer ccTLD of their own country. IMO :xf.smile:

•••
Will .com (dot com) be King in 2017?

1. # of regs yes
2. # of resales yes
3. # of drops yes

4. % ROI NO
5. # OF NEW REGS NO
6. # OF START UPS MAYBE

Happy Hunting!

•••
.com will remain #1.

I just can't see the sustainability in almost every other extension.

Seeing BankLoans.xyz sell for $699 as an example. Those are trillion dollar industry keywords and that's all that name could fetch? Instances like that where a ceiling has been established for outstanding keywords will crush the value of weaker names in the same extension.

Yes, they can be registered for 50 cents, and the odd name will fetch a 1000% ROI, but I for one am happy I haven't saturated my portfolio with .50 cent registrations that I would need to invest significant time and effort just to sell for $xx or $xxx.

Happy New Year from Strategy Naming.
May the future bring Peace and com to all.

•••
•••
In 2017 I'm going to be a bit more flexible with pricing and I'll probably have a few more sales under my belt. :)

That's my plan too.

•••
it's changing, but not in 2017

•••
.Com has been established for as long as the internet has been around. There are a few extensions that can do well here and there but as far as any tld replacing the dominance of .com on the internet in 2017, that is ridiculous. It is way too early for that to happen especially with the last 20+ years of .com established already. Some killer keywords will always do well in a few of these new extensions but nothing at all equal to what the same keyword in .com would fetch.

By the way, out of your 6 domains in your signature (VR.Loans VRKinos.com VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com VRHoloPortation.com), 5 of them are .com. Try selling any of those 5 domains in any other extension in 2017 and I am sure you will have your answer.

you pay attention
thank you

i was working in a very beautiful Restaurant and i served Beer and alcohol

Do i drink ? NO

i hope you get me :xf.wink:

it is about business

•••
sell the .com names first, good strategy ;)

•••
•••
•••
Enjoy-Communism.png

.communism
.complicated

Last edited:
•••
•••
did you know that if you register a .com and the TM will be later than the Registration,
that they can take your domain ? :xf.wink:

did you know that ?:sneaky:

I thought that one of the pre-conditiuons for registering a trademark was that there was no previous use in the registration category. If you are not passing off, then I don't see how they can claim the name. I remember the case of Google and Gmail - disn't Google end up having to pay for the name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back