NameSilo

Why?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

arend

Established Member
Impact
102
I sold some domains a while back. I duly transferred them out of Godaddy to new owner. 3 months later these domains are back in my Godaddy a/c. What could this be? Thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Did you contact GD? Do it ASAP and ask why, I like to know as well :)

I sold some domains a while back. I duly transferred them out of Godaddy to new owner. 3 months later these domains are back in my Godaddy a/c. What could this be? Thanks.
 
0
•••
Did the buyers ever except the transfers on their end? Maybe if the names are not excepted on their end they get pushed back after a certain amount of time.
 
0
•••
Good point. I'll get on to Godaddy. There where 2 different buyers so it seems rather odd.
 
0
•••
I sold some domains a while back. I duly transferred them out of Godaddy to new owner. 3 months later these domains are back in my Godaddy a/c. What could this be? Thanks.



If you did a domain push to another Godaddy.com account, they must accept the push. Or the domain will go back to your account.

I am having this problem right now with a domain I sold on ebay.


Morg
 
1
•••
I received the usual copy and paste answer from Godaddy.....

Buyers have never contacted me there is anything amiss, so it is very strange...
 
0
•••
Yes, typically because the person has not accepted the domain name.
 
0
•••
Person at other end not accept the domains. Contact to that person or GD.
 
0
•••
Guys. The OP said these domains were transferred away from GoDaddy. I agree this is very strange, to have them back in his GoDaddy account. Does the whois also say the domains are at GoDaddy and registered to you? Were the domains ever transferred to the new registrars? Try DomainTools.com for their Domain History.


My only guess would be that in fact it was the same person and they were dealing with and they were found to have been involved in some fraudulent transactions and your domains got swept up in the push to the previous registrants. I would push GoDaddy for a more definitive answer as to why these domains are back in your account.
 
0
•••
I have even tried to contact person I sold domain to, without a reply. He can't be too keen.
 
0
•••
I have even tried to contact person I sold domain to, without a reply. He can't be too keen.

Maybe something happened to the buyer and they couldnt accept the push, an accident or maybe worse.
This has happened before.

Where was the original sale made?
A forum or direct enduser, just some random sale?
Do you remember where you pushed them?
As was said before, check the whois.

With some due dilligence, you can find the owners, or at least why they got pushed back into your acct., and when you do, tell us, cuz this is interesting.

But most of all, dont try to sell them again. :lol:


Peace,
Cyberian
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I sold 1 through namepros to Roo78. He even left me feedback so if you are there Roo78? Otherwise I'll be tempted to keep it. :)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back