Domain Empire

question GoDaddy Inquiry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
I had some domains but they are not registered on Godaddy can I list them on Godaddy auction ? what is the process of transferring the domain it must be transferred to a Godaddy account ? finally what is the cost of using Godaddy auction to open a new account and thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had some domains but they are not registered on Godaddy can I list them on Godaddy auction ? what is the process of transferring the domain it must be transferred to a Godaddy account ? finally what is the cost of using Godaddy auction to open a new account and thanks

1. You can list domains registered elsewhere in GD auctions
2. Buyer initiates transfer of the domain after successful conclusion of the auction
3. ~$9 but you can get a nice 30-35% off coupon on this thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-discount-codes.577802/page-935#post-6821452

•••
1. You can list domains registered elsewhere in GD auctions
2. Buyer initiates transfer of the domain after successful conclusion of the auction
3. ~$9 but you can get a nice 30-35% off coupon on this thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-discount-codes.577802/page-935#post-6821452

I do not get the point 2 & 3, what do you mean by buyer initiates transfer the domain, if my registrar is on Namecheap what happen in this case ? and my 3rd question I mean what is the cost of joining Godaddy auction platform not the cost of listing I'm totally new at Godaddy ?

•••
2. Once the auction concludes successfully, the buyer has to send the payment to GoDaddy. Once they send the payment, GD will ask you to submit the auth code of the domain and they will initiate transfer of the domain. Once the transfer completes, you'll get paid
3. Yes, I meant the cost of joining auctions. I was incorrect about the cost though. The cost of joining GD auctions (auctions site membership) is just $4.99 - https://www.godaddy.com/auctions/domain-auctions?ci=14919

•••
2. Once the auction concludes successfully, the buyer has to send the payment to GoDaddy. Once they send the payment, GD will ask you to submit the auth code of the domain and they will initiate transfer of the domain. Once the transfer completes, you'll get paid
3. Yes, I meant the cost of joining auctions. I was incorrect about the cost though. The cost of joining GD auctions (auctions site membership) is just $4.99 - https://www.godaddy.com/auctions/domain-auctions?ci=14919
How I will get payed do they offer Paypal option ? and is there is any cost for listing after the membership as for advertising and listing fee and how many domains I can list at the same time ?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, paypal is available. No cost for basic listing. For featured auctions, they charge. Their pricing page can provide details. No limits on how many domains you can list

•••
Yes, paypal is available. No cost for basic listing. For featured auctions, they charge. Their pricing page can provide details. No limits on how many domains you can list

Can I list for sale new registered domain I have on other registrar on Godaddy or I must wait the 60 days to unlock the transfer time limit ?

•••
You can list but I've never really tried this so I'm not fully sure how this will work out

•••
The membership price change unfortunately from $4.99 to £89.27/yr !!

•••
The membership price change unfortunately from $4.99 to £89.27/yr !!

auction membership is $5 a year

the other price is for domain club discounts

u can google stuff like "godaddy auctions info prices faq"

all info there

•••
Can I list for sale new registered domain I have on other registrar on Godaddy or I must wait the 60 days to unlock the transfer time limit ?

You can list the name but won't be able to transfer it, so what would you?

•••
•••
Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 3.34.31 PM.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Delete all cookies for Godaddy, close your browser then retry.

giphy.gif
No its the new price will be changed later to you just a matter of time

•••
1) yes you can list
You can list the name but won't be able to transfer it, so what would you?

I believe you can still push it within the same registrar. From what I’ve read it’s a bit more of a pain on Godaddy compared to Sedo if the buyer doesn’t respond to e-mails post purchase but otherwise you just have them make an account on your registrar (if they don’t already have one) and push it to them there.

Godaddy is a a registrar but I believe that while the auction marketplace is easier to navigate post-60days or if the name is already registered on Godaddy it is by no means a req.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...

•••
No its the new price will be changed later to you just a matter of time
Okay. Guess you're highly privy to GoDaddy's pricing strategy! They have indeed increased the prices by >20x so I think you should not use the auctions service and look at alternatives

•••
1) yes you can list

I believe you can still push it within the same registrar. From what I’ve read it’s a bit more of a pain on Godaddy compared to Sedo if the buyer doesn’t respond to e-mails post purchase but otherwise you just have them make an account on your registrar (if they don’t already have one) and push it to them there.

Godaddy is a a registrar but I believe that while the auction marketplace is easier to navigate post-60days or if the name is already registered on Godaddy it is by no means a req.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong...

Your wrong. Try changing your language / location. Or just chat with support.

•••
GD auctions membership just renewed at $4.99

•••
You are right I change the location to New Zealand I found the price change to $7.99, can you check United states - english and tell me what price appear to you ?

•••
You are right I change the location to New Zealand I found the price change to $7.99, can you check United states - english and tell me what price appear to you ?

We already did, it's $4.99

•••

Okay to clarify what counts am I wrong on? Or was that in relation to the pricing differential which I was not commenting on?

I was commenting on listing / selling on Godaddy before the 60- day transfer ban is lifted.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back