IT.COM

information Why you should only register emoji domains in the ".to" extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xn--v4h.com

Emoji domains at Punycode.comEstablished Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We're all rather fortunate that .to was opened early when compared to the other ccTLDs.

•••
Have there ever been an end user emoiji sale?

As far as I know the only 5 figure sale was that ying yang emoji (you?). I cant even write it which should tell you something.

•••
Have there ever been an end user emoiji sale?

As far as I know the only 5 figure sale was that ying yang emoji (you?). I cant even write it which should tell you something.
Do you have a mobile phone?

•••
Sure I do. So to access that site all I have to do is..

1. Switch off my pc and use my phone browser.

2. Open my emoiji list. Around 300 emojis there standard. Start browsing and hope I find the symbol that represents your emoji.

3. Hope my browser can recognize I am entering a domain name. Right now it does NOT.

If you sold it. Congrats. Sale of the year. If you bought it... Best of luck with it..

Edit
I actually did try to find the ying yang one. But dont think its on android?

Last edited:
•••
Sure I do. So to access that site all I have to do is..

1. Switch off my pc and use my phone browser.

2. Open my emoiji list. Around 300 emojis there standard. Start browsing and hope I find the symbol that represents your emoji.

3. Hope my browser can recognize I am entering a domain name. Right now it does NOT.

If you sold it. Congrats. Sale of the year. If you bought it... Best of luck with it..

Edit
I actually did try to find the ying yang one. But dont think its on android?

Hi, the yin yang emoji is standard on almost all smart phones thanks to Unicode, and is one of the first emojis accepted and part of Unicode's character set since 1993. Thanks!

•••
I think you should check up on that.. I just browsed through 25 pages of emojis, again, and its not there.

LG G4
Android 6.0

Besides dont you think its streetching it asking people to browse through arbitrary symbol lists to access a site? Neat its not.

•••
Hi, you might want to get your grandkids to show you. ;)

•••
Haha good one. Yeah for sure I need help. You cant even explain a neat way of accessing them, and you seem to be one of the foremost "experts" on emoji domains. But yeah maybe future generations will see a need and a way.

For now as long as a guide is written or a supervisor is near anyone can visit an emoji domain...... Oh and yes they need to be running the correct firmware on the recommended browsing device as well it seems.

Last edited:
•••
We have no problems inputting emojis. Six billion messages are sent with emojis each and every day, and that's only from texting. To see emojis being inputted on Twitter in real-time right now, see: http://emojitracker.com/

•••
Its seems like you answer specific questions with propaganda.

I get it you are heavily invested in the niche and are protecting your investment. Still I pose legitimate questions and you have no answers.

So what if 1 billion smiley faces are sent each day. Does that make any emoji in puny code valuable?

Its a nice novelty. But this can never be used mainstream for obvious reasons.

•••
If you think emojis are our propaganda then we must be doing an extraordinary job! Love to take credit but we can't because we're taking advantage of the mobile revolution where visual and interactive features are valued. The winds are behind our backs. Just this month in September, the most valuable corporation in the world has announced that their upcoming and much anticipated iPhone X has animoji, an emoji feature that is their key selling point for the phone. You might want to upgrade! ;) Learn more here: https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/12/16290210/new-iphone-emoji-animated-animoji-apple-ios-11-update

•••
That is not at all what I said. I believe emojis are widely used for expressing sentiments in brief texts messages on phones and on certain multi device platforms such as twitter. I do not believe they are used as domain names for any kind of serious purposes. The most developed I have seen is a free URL shortener script. The reason being they are extremely hard to effectively type and hence visit.

No what I actually said was that you were using propaganda and deflecting instead of answering my very real and pertinent questions. The self propelled winds are at your backs all right. I thought I smelled something foul. It seems like you answer in east when I ask in west so I wont waste any more of my time.

PS
I wouldn't be caught dead with an Iphone. That overrated crap is for posers and kiddys. Neither of which I am. Never owned a single Apple product in my life. But again your link has nothing to do with Emoji domains.

•••
Hi, to answer your question directly, yes you need a new phone. Your battery alone is reason to do so. We don't know your phone specifically but emoji inputs can be done with emoji search if you don't want to scroll. Then your favorite emojis would show up. Good luck!

•••
The whole emoji hype makes no sense to me.

For example I see your selling an emoji of an airplane.

Now if that was the only airplane symbol emoji, I would say yes you have a valuable asset due to supply and demand.

But the issue is there are tons of different airplane emojis.

And as far as i know anyone can create a new emoji if they want.

I dont know....

I just cant see any potential here for mass adoption.

Just my 2 cents.

•••
Now if that was the only airplane symbol emoji, I would say yes you have a valuable asset due to supply and demand..

You know scarcity is not enough to make something valuable. Where do you see end user demand for Emoji domains? I see absolutely no proof of any sort of demand existing on these. This is trading between hypesters at most.

•••
Why you should only register emoji domains in the ".to" extension

Why would you title your thread like this? You own at least 9 single dot ws emoji domains, correct? One I know you paid almost 5k for since that was the price I was quoted when I reached out to the previous seller. So you have put some real money into the dot ws extension already. And we all know you bought the peace symbol because you ran around here in every thread shouting about it everywhere. Even after everyone congratulated you, you were still puffing out your chest and being very cocky. Not cool.

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Your buddy, the hack TM selling domainer, bought out almost all of the singles in dot to since he couldn't afford any dot ws emojis in the aftermarket so I am assuming you and him now have a deal to pump this new extension that only a couple people invested in so far?

I am just curious about your motives here.

Do you work for dot to now?

Last edited:
•••
It's a waste of money. Have your business client really help them make more money registering emojis? I don't think so.

•••
It's another domainer-made hype. And emojis are already old news, the new trend is now animojis :xf.grin:

•••
It's another domainer-made hype. And emojis are already old news, the new trend is now animojis :xf.grin:

Hi Kate, we believe in thinking inside the box, too! ;)

Last edited:
•••
Ok lets not spam your "puny" website here.

No pun intended....

•••
Punycode...your nonsense is single handily turning off an entire community of domain investors and domain enthuasists to emoji domains, but particularly .to. I would have bought some .to if it were not for your posts - glad I stuck with .ws

You may want to take a marketing class or two.

How, in anyway, do you think you have provided anything positive - to just about any discussion? Or to the value of your investment - your investment not anyone else’s? Is your long term plan to get a cut of $45 reg fees? Only so many commissions available on .to emoji domains.

Try posing some positives, all the sales you must be raking in (or making up?). Get people excited about your nitch and make money. Make everyone angry, create uncertainty in the end user community. And wow ! Great job!

•••
If emjoi domains suddenly become available in dot com the tears will be flowing with the present investors. So seems to me the release if it ever is to fruit hasn't happened as yet.

•••
Emoji domains are good and interesting as trend is changing ,now emoji will describe niche of our website.

•••
Emoji domains are good and interesting as trend is changing ,now emoji will describe niche of our website.

I'm also starting to jump on this emoji domain rocket.

Not sure I agree with OP that you should only register .TO emoji domains though.

I think all emoji domains are cool in their own right.

**disclaimer: I have spent the most money regging emoji .to domains, than any other emoji .TLD**

•••
Back