IT.COM

Why would someone sell a Brandable BB listed domain for low XX?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Off late I have seen many listings in the forum who are willing to pay low $XX for a BB listed domain? I really dont get it because say BB charges a user $10 to list the domain > it lists only if it considers it brandable and salable. I am aware in real market situations getting BB prices may be a bit far fetched as they place a "end user" pricing on the same. So my question to fellow domainers is this > if you pay $10 to BB and then if a buyer on this forum asks for a price of $20~30~40 etc why would you sell it? Would you better not wait for it to be sold on BB or for better prices? Is there something that I am missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lol, yeah I know your opinion from previous post. I respect your opinion and like that you speak out, but I don't share it.

For me, I know what it will cost me and what I can expect if I play the brandbucket game. I chose to try it. However, I know chances of a sale could be very small. Thats why I chose to enter with the profits I made flipping a few domains.

In my opinion, my sales for these names would be equal to Brandbucket at best, and it would cost me way more time. Therefore, Brandbucket provides value to me: I spend much less time on the names with a similar chance of selling them. Thats reason enough for me to try it.

This is a very respectable position. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your input and insight. This was the position I once had as a reseller before they Grilled the Jesus out of me.

•••
This is a very respectable position. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate your input and insight. This was the position I once had as a reseller before they Grilled the Jesus out of me.

At least you got a nickname out of it ;)

•••
Note: I sold 3 domains on BrandBucket. 3 hand regs. (2 made up domains + 1 Keyword Cloud Domain) Plus 1 more BrandBucket sale (made up domain) of a domain I sold for $XX on NP was also a handreg.

UPDATE: The domain I reported as BB sold in my previous post from this thread, quoted above, did not materialize. I was due to receive a bonus if the domain sold within the first year, the domain was listed as sold for a week, and then I was informed the sale fell through.

Adding to my disappointment, I had noticed another domain once reported as sold, was republished to the front page of newly added domains. This domain that was reported as sold, then republished to the front of recently added domain during a weekend. The domain belonged to none other than @michaeljkrell I had hoped the other domain would have received this same special treatment. To my knowledge, I was let down. How do I, or the domain owner, know a potential buyer, buying from the recently published section, didn't have this domain in mind, and was unable to purchase during the time it was listed as sold and chose a different made up brandable? #ChooseFairOverFare

•••
In Economic perspective,

When Demand Increase: price increases, quantity increases.

When Demand Decrease:
price decreases, quantity decreases.

When Supply Increase: price decreases, quantity increases.

When Supply Decrease: price increases, quantity decreases.

Due to high supply the price range decreased between $15 to $35

Some sellers are more happy with their 2X Return for their investment of $10 Handreg.

It depends upon seller's financial requirements.

:)

Thanks for the economic perspective @DKN :D

Not really, the total cost would be around $1,900 if you also factor in the $10 BB listing fee.

The total revenue would depend on the sale price, if the domain sells for $2,000, the seller gets $1,400 or so.

If you published 100 domains via BB you'd be out $1,000 in listing fee's, (30% of $2,000) $600, logo fee $100 - $500. This leaves you with $800 - $1,200 after the sale.

***This does not include initial domain investment of $850 (GD DDC) or $5,900+ (DropCatch) and/or annual renewal fee's that (depending on registrar) will cost close to $1,000/year.***

Last edited:
•••
If you published 100 domains via BB you'd be out $100 in listing fee's,

100 ? or 1,000 ? I thought it was 10/domain...

•••
100 ? or 1,000 ? I thought it was 10/domain...

Edited: Thank you @Asfas1000

It's interesting to see how listing fee's can skew a sellers margins. 100 Domains X $10 Listing fee's = $1,000

These margins can be lowered if you opt to buy BB's newish 11 listing fee's for $100...

If you published 100 domains via BB you'd be out $1,000 in listing fee's, (30% of $2,000) $600, logo fee $100 -$500. This leaves you with -$100 to $300 after your first $2k sale

***This does not include initial domain investment of $850 (GD DDC) or $5,900+ (DropCatch) and/or annual renewal fee's that (depending on registrar) will cost close to $1,000/year.***

Last edited:
•••
I don't know if it has been mentioned but things at BB are not the same as they were when the platform had fewer domains listed.

There are so many domains listed there now, and some very similar to others, it is hard to have a good number of sales to make it worth while.

The BB sellers who have a thousand names listed have a better chance than most of us.

It's really is a numbers game.

List a sh*t load of names - sell a few to pay for the rest and hope in the end you still make a profit.

If you do not have a lot of names listed there you are really playing the odds.

So, many sellers are forced to get rid of their names that don't sell; maybe because of lack of exposure on the platform.

•••
maybe because of lack of exposure on the platform.

How can anyone get any exposure when Michael and Margot have their names displayed first, before everyone else that has listed names on their platform.

•••
Compared to the potential revenue you can earn per domain, $10 is sooooo insignificant imo.

Besides, why the need to list hundreds of domains on BB. It is not a numbers game. The focus should be about the quality of domains.

I will soon cleanse my BB portfolio so that I only list great premiums.

By cleanse, do you mean you will:

1) Let them expire loss of $10 listing fee...
2) Sell on NP
3) Sell on another marketplace

I will resell them to other BB sellers.

If you don't think it will sell:

1) Why not just renew them all, instead of trying to pass it on to other sellers?
2) Will you renew it before you sell it?
3) How will you sell it: BIN or Auction?
4) What do you hope to receive for your less premium bb domains that you plan on trimming?

•••
bb Resellers: Please be careful when reselling bb domains for $XX. It might be confusing given all the other sellers selling for $XX, and/or because of the February notice from bb 's director saying it was a gray area.

One bb seller is currently facing negative action after they reporting selling the domain to a buyer when bb was unresponsive due to a lack of weekend support coverage.

We apologize for the delayed response.

Since the sale was completed externally without a prior 30-day removal notification, you are still due 30% of the sales price and someone from our Sales department will be in contact with you directly to discuss this further.

Here is our seller policy that requires domains listed at BrandBucket not to be listed in any other marketplaces. To view the whole policy, please click the link below.

https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/sellers/rules_for_sellers
Please let me know if we can assist you with anything else.
Best,

Julia
BrandBucket Support Team

More HERE

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back