IT.COM

question Why would a buyer ask for " no recent handregs! At least one year old registrations"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

postscripter

Top Member
Impact
Why would a buyer ask for " no recent handregs! At least one year old registrations"?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's just a reseller's bullshit. Somehow some people (and mainly here on NamePros) believe that if a name is younger than 1 year old it can not be valuable. I suggest they look at all the recent ''ai'' and ''gpt'' sales. But even apart from trends, there are still lots of good combinations to hand reg with many different keywords, you just have to be creative, and yes, it might take some time.

I wouldn't even be paying attention to these kinds of requests. And I have never ever seen such a thing from an end user who really likes the name.

•••
Upvote 0
Why would a buyer ask for " no recent handregs! At least one year old registrations"?
They want to pay reg. fee when a domain was just registered as they don't believe it has value. But, I've had no problem getting end-users to buy domains that were less than a year old. I do think aged domains are best but if you have a buyer and it's a very strong domain you can overcome the selling challenge. Be careful what you hand-reg.

•••
Upvote 0
They want to pay reg. fee when a domain was just registered as they don't believe it has value
I did not understand. can you please explain what you meant?

•••
Upvote 0
Copy cat of other stupid requirements:
- Taking in 2,000 extensions
- 6,000 backlinks
- Registers before 1955
- GD Appraisal more than $1,000,000
- One word dictionary (for $10) no ed, ing or plurals
- More than 5,000,000 search results from google
etc...

•••
Upvote 0
I kinda understand the reasoning. Let's say you're looking for a domain for a new project. You may not want to be spammed with domains people have just registered after reading your request. You may prefer them to present domains that they genuinely believe are good - and renewing a domain means you have faith in it, you think it is worth keeping and has some quality. I don't necessarily agree but I think that might be it.

On the other hand you have SquadHelp where people are coming up with interesting names that are sometimes not even registered. Is it better to pick from a list and try to make a match or just unleash your creativity? Well, it depends on the end result of course. Anyway if someone wants to restrict the options, it's their choice.

•••
Upvote 0
I kinda understand the reasoning. Let's say you're looking for a domain for a new project. You may not want to be spammed with domains people have just registered after reading your request. You may prefer them to present domains that they genuinely believe are good - and renewing a domain means you have faith in it, you think it is worth keeping and has some quality. I don't necessarily agree but I think that might be it.

On the other hand you have SquadHelp where people are coming up with interesting names that are sometimes not even registered. Is it better to pick from a list and try to make a match or just unleash your creativity? Well, it depends on the end result of course. Anyway if someone wants to restrict the options, it's their choice.
the answer I was looking for! thanks!

•••
Upvote 0
Copy cat of other stupid requirements:
- Taking in 2,000 extensions
- 6,000 backlinks
- Registers before 1955
- GD Appraisal more than $1,000,000
- One word dictionary (for $10) no ed, ing or plurals
- More than 5,000,000 search results from google
etc...
hahaha exactly. I keep waiting for some reasonable requests! and they rarely come by here.

•••
Upvote 0
HI

it's simple,
buyers have the right, to set their own criteria.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
The simple answer is to stop getting LQ domains spammed in their inbox. Similar to my one-word.net purchase thread, people don't understand I won't buy their junk for thousands just because they self-evaluated it, or even worse, used GoDaddy to appraise it. By adding this filter option, people won't just go on ED & find an extremely low-quality domain, and try to sell it off - especially since as the years pass, there are fewer and fewer options for brandable names.

•••
Upvote 0
The simple answer is to stop getting LQ domains spammed in their inbox. Similar to my one-word.net purchase thread, people don't understand I won't buy their junk for thousands just because they self-evaluated it, or even worse, used GoDaddy to appraise it. By adding this filter option, people won't just go on ED & find an extremely low-quality domain, and try to sell it off - especially since as the years pass, there are fewer and fewer options for brandable names.
What does ED stand for?

•••
Upvote 0
Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
I am the doctor you have called. ED means Excess Drinking. Drink responsibly.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
I mean in case if the domain is good , They not to feel stupid that they failed/couldn't create & register that offered domain , so its basically a psychological issue ( inferiority complex ) !

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Are there really any decent names (that are available) on Expired Domains? I just dug through tons of pages of deleted domains 10+ years old with lots of TLDs registered and they were all crap, except maybe for a couple german names that who knows what those are worth. I get better domains around here and I don't think those names came from ExpiredDomains either.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Handreg’s lazy; it curates domains further with aged (better SEO; generally; aged better names too)

The question should be those of you offended by this

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Handreg’s lazy; it curates domains further with aged (better SEO; generally; aged better names too)

The question should be those of you offended by this
I think handreg is the opposite of being lazy, it is about being creative and staying on edge, like I do crypto "research" and always find new trends in that, and may grab some good names from now and then.
SEO no longer looks at domain names in its algorithm.
Anyway I asked to learn, because I kept a domain name for 12 years and I never got any offer, I don't see how this aged domain may be attractive it has a historical proof that it does not sell.
I was curious about what difference will it make if I handreg today or a year ago, this what the buyer asked for, anyway I got some good answers here and it makes more sense to me. Learning everyday.

•••
Upvote 0
Are there really any decent names (that are available) on Expired Domains? I just dug through tons of pages of deleted domains 10+ years old with lots of TLDs registered and they were all crap, except maybe for a couple german names that who knows what those are worth. I get better domains around here and I don't think those names came from ExpiredDomains either.

Yes, there are. You digging well past the expiration date most likely won’t work since there have been thousands of people before you who have done the same. I suggest checking it daily, as sometimes the drops are valuable - especially if caught early enough. Don’t believe me? Go to ED and filter it by unavailable domains, check past drops that have been purchased (potentially) because of the site.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back