IT.COM

domain Why This Domain Is So Expensive? fyndtrip.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Oliverdomain

Impact
I just brainstorm a domain name for making my travel website and after searches some name on godaddy i just blast to see that doman price ( fyndtrip com ) and now i can't understand why this domain is so expensive.

SCREENSHOT:

Please check and tell me how this domain purchase

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can put any price you want on a domain. It doesn't mean you will get that price.

There's a company called Fynd Travel. Maybe they're hoping to sell it to them.

The domain is also listed on Afternic. You can put in a lower offer there. No guarantee they will accept.

•••
Domains have two values: intrinsic and extrinsic.

The intrinsic value is determined by the domain name and nothing else. Is it a .com? Is it short, memorable, and brandable? Is it a popular keyword or key-phrase?

The extrinsic value is determine by things associated with a previous site (e.g. back-links, domain rating) that generates traffic to the site. It can be especially valuable if it generates a particular kind of traffic, e.g. people looking to vacation.

From the looks of it this domain has negligible intrinsic value. Why? Because it's difficult to pronounce and it's going to be confused with findtrip.com, funtrip.com, and fundtrip.com. It's also only registered in the .com and there are no variations of this domain (e.g. fyndtrips.com isn't registered).

So what about the extrinsic value? Also negligible. It has 2 back-links, and a domain rating of 0 (the lowest).

I can also see that fyndtrip.com was registered just over a month ago, meaning it's probably owned by someone with no grasp of domain value, likely someone following a Youtube guide on how to get rich quick.

The domain isn't worth the registration fee, let alone $75,000.

Last edited:
•••
I own djxhdnrjsj38hvj.com. A little domain whisperer told me it is worth $2,000,000.

I think you get the point...lottery registrations over and over. Just a waste.

•••
Agree with others. I have a couple travel domains If interested.
tripmatters.com. travellikeitmatters.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back