Domain Empire

new gtlds Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

If there is a bad news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is true...
If there is a good news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is false...

And these haters work like as a team...
And I have the feeling that the new gTLD discussions are very very very important for them. Why???

Why they lose so much time if they are not investors????

If you are a new gTLD hater, this question is for you:
Why you lose hours and hours in new gTLDs discussions???
And why this topic is very important for you???
Of course, you know why but you can not tell us the truth... :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do I need to make an emergency sell for; remember this was only my hobby. And I couldn't care if I make a sale or never make a sale. All I know I have collected some great names. And again, I don't do whammies sales.
I think you just might to bring credibility to yourself, and what you are preaching.

Reach out to your previous inquiry they will say we went with another name, we are no longer interested, or we want it for half of what we previously offered.

Is your hobby collecting domain names, or selling them?

Last edited:
•••
Every domainer makes a lot of mistakes in his/her first 2-3 years...
The more important - to understand them and do not repeat...

•••
I never claimed I invented the Internet; you putting words in my mouth. It is wrong.wrong! I invent a word, only word! You are losing.it

Visitors: for this parking place, I don't think they are "bots"
The other parking place, I suspected there were some fake visitors; so when I moved the name, since then that name has no more fake visitors.

Yes, I do understand impulse buying, and of course there is still lots of impulse buying to come. And I don't need whammies impulse buying.

•••
I think you just might to bring credibility to yourself, and what you are preaching.

Reach out to your previous inquiry they will say we went with another name, we are no longer interested, or we want it for half of what we previously offered.

Is your hobby collecting domain names, or selling them?
Yes, I was advised to follow up the buyer. And I never did. If he wanted the name he Will come back or he will just find similar etc. Again, this is my hobby and I have collected great domains. If I someone like my name, then they will buy; if not this is fine also.

•••
These visitors are usually a parsers of so-called "developers"... then they will spam you... via email or by phone...

•••
My collection are manageable. And yes, 500 to 1000 names is too much.hoarder

•••
1.4K+ domains for me... even harder... )

•••
Sedo lots of fake visitors.there

•••
Yes, Sedo's filtering is awful.
Use ParkingCrew...

•••
1.4K+ domains for me... even harder... )
I know you told me that. I don't how you can keep track of all those names. On top of that sounds lots of $$$ to renew...

•••
I think Sedo need to get those fake visitors block. I'm not sure if those bots will increase there ratings; fake.rating

•••
That's why I keep nTLD-percentage in my portfolio at no more than 15% level... to avoid failure...

•••
Yah, 1000+ of names collected 30years ago. Again im not claiming of expert of this and that. Why that much?

•••
I visited Rick S. Website and he has amazing collection of .com. But of course it wouldn't hurt him. He had sold few millions of his dn.

•••
30 yrs ago - it is not about me... )
Doing domaining 8.5 yrs...

Regarding quantity - it matters in terms of conversion... more good domains - more offers and sales...
+ higher parking revenue...

And my portfolio is always in rotation... Usually I don't keep the names where lack of traffic or offers more than 2-3 yrs.

•••
"30years ago is not about me" :) Same here :)

Parking revenue= I guess it adds up if you have 1000+names and all gets clicks etc.

In your 8+ experienced in dn investing:

Is it possible that those names 15-20 years ago can be no good. Because to the fact that technology terminology do change.

•••
I think that issue is not in technologies at all...
But in the great economic rule of demand and supply...

•••
This has no doubt; that demand and supply for product and services has always played a rule in business activities; this even before the government and Internet things was born.

Sciencetist and science, they occasionally discovered things and come up with new.terminologies; i don't why.

•••
Maybe, .web will reach 5-10% share on aftermarket...
Verisign has money to advertise it...

Last edited:
•••
No anything new in these nTLDs... The same DNS as it was 30 yrs. ago...
Also they are just 3rd wave of gTLDs... and as you know even 2nd wave (.PRO/.info/.biz etc.) is still undervalued...

•••
4th wave is planned by ICANN in ~2020...

•••
If .web was created at the same time with .org, .com, net and biz, I can only guess that .web will make money. And of course, it wouldn't matter if they can get their money back. As I have heard they have tons of money laying around.

But still Verisign, will hope China will invest more to this extension.

•••
So-called "Chinese investors" are just 1year-guys...
We need endusers... and their volume is limited.

•••
No anything new in these nTLDs... The same DNS as it was 30 yrs. ago...
Also they are just 3rd wave of gTLDs... and as you know even 2nd wave (.PRO/.info/.biz etc.) is still undervalued...
Undervalued, as a result of more competition of extension. Ends users has more choices now than 25years ago. I guess just too much of new extension being produced at short period of time.

•••
So-called "Chinese investors" are just 1year-guys...
We need endusers... and their volume is limited.
And some ends users wants great a name; and only wants to pay.no

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back