Dynadot

discuss Why so many good domains dropped?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
My portfolio is loaded with domains that in many cases had been registered according to Hosterstats for 10 to 15 to 20 years since '2000:xf.rolleyes:

I'll just provide 2 examples of the last two domains I hand reg'd; RxCPR.:xf.smile: and Ybitch.:xf.wink:.

These art the types of names that sell for in the thousands of dollars, yet the owners couldn't afford to renew the name for $10:xf.frown: Is it a case of their loss and my gain or is something else going on here?

Regardless of what anyone says, I know these names have value greater than what I paid. What gives?

Opinions appreciated:xf.smile:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it has been covered well in the replies above, a lot of domains aren't auto renewed and this leads to the domain name expiring and either being auctioned off or dropping. While some are good names and worth a gamble a lot aren't otherwise they would be in an expired auction.

Yes some gold does get through but that is rare these days and remember the sweet spot for selling volume of domain names is between $500 - $2.5K after this its harder to get an end user to buy in my opinion unless they get domain names, seo and development imo.

•••
I have dropped names outside of niche that were perfectly fine just knew would never get around to marketing and would rely on a landing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back