Domain Empire

question Why SnapNames acquires dropped domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Georgi Ivanov

Established Member
Impact
I've been targeting domain pending deletion, but after it was supposed to be dropped was registered, without returning "thick" whois. I've reported the issue to ICANN and now in the whois I see this:

Registrant Name: Holding Account
Registrant Organization: SnapNames Web.com, LLC
Registrant Street: 12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
Registrant City: Jacksonville
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32258
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.5707088760
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext.:

So it looks like SnapNames got the name that they had to delete...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Snapnames catch expiring domain names to auction. It is its business. It uses a network of registrars to cach domains names and sometimes the whois data does not update as quickly as it should.

Regards...jmcc

•••
If SnapNames acquires a dropped domain name the WHOIS is temporarily marked with their info as domain is in auction and will only be changed once the buyer wins and pays for it.

•••
•••
Sometimes the buyer who backordered doesn't pay so I guess they are left with those domains and sometimes they auction them off.

•••
Pro tip, if you really would like an expired domain use snapnames to catch it. It is the most reliable in my experience. And it does not cost that much. You will pay about $10 extra if there is no other bidders but you get the domain you want. I missed to many domains trying to catch them myself.

•••
Hi dataman
I noticed you just joined the domaining business and you already got some experience. I came in two weeks ago but still finding it tough to land anywhere. Just give me some tips. how do I get in profitably.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back