Dynadot

opinion Why park? When you can (maybe) make more money w/ one of these?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey NP,

me again! I'd like to get your opinion! I see you all complaining about the poor performance of your parking companies. I never see any parking company with a 100% satisfaction and even then some will say their parking company is "great" but they themselves know every now and then the profits (the bottomline) seem "lacking".

Why not take full control of your profit? let's be honest. Parking Companies are "middle men" between you and the actual ad companies who pay. yea sure they provide you the convenience of creating a "money making landing page" with a bunch of generic automated links.

There has to be a better way yes?

Especially when from what I hear. Domain Parking actually hurts your domain's value in the long run. ( can someone confirm this?) Something about Google recognizes Parked Pages easily and once it does gives it a bad rank and not just Google. Maybe Alexa? or Moz? (anyone care to comment?)

Well seems like people have found this "better way" a long time ago. I've seen them all over the place. have you?

here's some examples (These aren't mine) I'm going to just screenshot for sake of show and plus don't want to give these sites free backlinks from here. lol ain't I stinker? lol

mini sites.jpg

and at the bottom of the page you have this stuff.

mini sites2.jpg

you find sites like this shown via links from MGID on pretty much at the bottom of all Torrent sites on the net.

why iaren't more domainers going for something like this instead of the usual parking pages??

1. is it hard? too much work?
2. is it expensive?
3. is it bad or worse than parking you domain in terms of Rankings?
4. does it make equal or less than you would with parking which is less work?
5. are there any unforeseen issues with creating such sites that would cancel out the potential "upside" to such sites?

Seems like sites like this benefit from companies like

MGID
RevContent
Content(.ad)
Outbrain
Taboola

and a bunch of other similar companies that provide something called.

In content ads. Ads that look like content but are just full blown ads the are made to look like "news worthy" articles.

anyways. looking forward to your comments. thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will give it a try. Thanks.

•••
what I like about ads from these "in content ad" companies is that they look so damn "compelling" you're almost "drawn" to them. granted most of the ads are of near naked women with big boobs but there are some that women would click like the gossip "articles".

•••
•••
I mean create a site like this? pay about $200 to do a Press Release that gets on 430K ranked PR and Article sites including Google news.

now you have a money making domain earning you 10,000% more than any parking page ever will.

btw? don't use MGID. I've learned that Google has detected the site as part of a Link Circle? just a bunch of sites with no rank sharing traffic with each other. so any site using them will get blacklist.

so Press Release will be a better option in the long run.

•••
•••
By the way here's a screenshot of the bottom of one of those torrent sites that link to the sites like I mentioned above.

torrent.jpg

As you can see it almost looks like part of the content. very sneaky and I think effective. this content on the bottom are all part of MGID

•••
we all know the more work you put in, the more you get out

but hosting, content gathering, etc is all work

parking is much easier

imo...

•••
If someone (read developer), could come up with something like this, and make it affordable, I think it will take off big time!

•••

parking is much easier

imo...

This is true. thanks Biggie for the input. how's your New Year's going?

•••
If someone (read developer), could come up with something like this, and make it affordable, I think it will take off big time!

working on it! :xf.wink: how are you Pierre? thanks for the input!

•••

parking is much easier

imo...

oh by the way. I've seen some mini sites like this that really went the LAZY route but seems "legal" (would like some confirmation on this one) the way they did it.

True hosting is an issue but not much if you start making a profit. just gotta play the numbers.
Content Gathering seems "solved" by these "lazy" people I mentioned. seems like this is what they do.

1.figure out a hot topic or niche and create a site for this( usually Celeb or health sites or Gonzo Silly funny sites. with headlines like 50 photos of Celebs doing stupid things or 15 Foods that fight cancer or burn fat, 50 Embarrassing Celeb photos!)
2. the content? stupid simple but not sure if legal. they simply find the content they want online from syndicated content. and like we do on here. we copy the "Best parts" we need to gets eyes on it (usually the first paragraph). Then create a kind of "flip thru" book. where at the bottom you have buttons that say "Next" or "Back"
3. next. paste your "created content" on your mini site. dead center surrounded by all those in content ads.

so it would look like a paragraph and a link at the bottom that says "Read More" which takes them to the original article.

Some article writers. will let you use their content so long as you don't use thee entire content and also give them a backlink from your site to their site.

so now you sorta have the "clout" of a legit site with legit content (not really just snippets).
with the benefit of maybe getting clicks on your in content ads. ( the human mind gets bored and loves clicking on pics instead of reading articles.)

we are such simpletons aren't we??? lol

Last edited:
•••
We can go for it , It seems doable.

•••
•••
Something about Google recognizes Parked Pages easily and once it does gives it a bad rank and not just Google. Maybe Alexa? or Moz? (anyone care to comment?)

They won't rank parked pages while the domain is parked. Once you use it, they will crawl, reindex, and make changes accordingly.

here's some examples (These aren't mine) I'm going to just screenshot for sake of show and plus don't want to give these sites free backlinks from here. lol ain't I stinker? lol

NP links are nofollowed. You aren't giving them squat.

next. paste your "created content" on your mini site. dead center surrounded by all those in content ads.

Good advertisers are particular about the value they get from their ads. (BTW, that's also why parking and Adsense often pay poorly - better advertisers are selective about where their ads appear.)
What advertiser would want to appear on a site with no unique quality?

You're looking for shortcuts, but as said earlier:

parking is much easier

•••
mass producing sites like these were attempted before, ala MFA = made for adsense

in a copy-cat world ......the issue will always be "uniqueness"

but Good Luck!

•••
mass producing sites like these were attempted before, ala MFA = made for adsense

but Good Luck!

Ya we discuss this a lot in chat lately. Google killed these 'cookie cutter' (minisites) long ago. You need unique content more than ever. Don't expect to use a brandable on a minisite and make anything easy. You need strong EMD + some unique content + backlink profile to get any google love...the easy way.

I say strong emd, because you can attack ONE keyword. It might be only 20k / monthly...but it's way easier than making something compete on a variety of terms. if you want to go big on a brandable, you are in a new realm of being a true developer of big project rather than quickie 1 week worth of work site.

Last edited:
•••

but Good Luck!

yes I know this! But I think these "content ads" have become so popular because of the "Google Slap". many lost their shirts because Google cracked down on these as you say MFA sites.

so the creators of such sites head for "Greener pastures" with good reason ala Content ads.

I agree with uniqueness. most of these sites are Cookie cutter-ish.

but name any parking page that isn't? yea millions of domains use them and that seems to be "Acceptable"?

it is hard work. but it's not impossible. Thanks biggie.

They won't rank parked pages while the domain is parked. Once you use it, they will crawl, reindex, and make changes accordingly.

NP links are nofollowed. You aren't giving them squat.

Good advertisers are particular about the value they get from their ads. (BTW, that's also why parking and Adsense often pay poorly - better advertisers are selective about where their ads appear.)
What advertiser would want to appear on a site with no unique quality?

You're looking for shortcuts, but as said earlier:

1. Agreed. use your domain to create one of these mini sites. make more money than with parked pages. have content not link farms.

2. Never knew! I always hear on NP to "watch what you post" because it's will be shown on Google. not the same thing as Follow Links? I have no clue.

3. Of course Good advertisers want value for their ads. There are outlets for them. The companies I mention providing these Content Ad solutions. they are raking in the big bucks. "Someone" is using them for sure as we'd see them all dropping like flies. obviously these guys aren't like Commission Junction or Linkshare or Adsense but they have found a market for themselves and are doing very well for a reason.

so that means let's use them!

•••
2. Never knew! I always hear on NP to "watch what you post" because it's will be shown on Google. not the same thing as Follow Links? I have no clue.
It will be indexed but it won't pass link equity back to the site.

•••
So this is basically white label?

Isn't there a risk of your domain getting blacklisted by Google for duplicate content?

•••
•••
So this is basically white label?

Isn't there a risk of your domain getting blacklisted by Google for duplicate content?

I think? yes? and as for blacklisted? does Yahoo get blacklisted by Google for showing snippets of content from all over the net of articles that advertisers want to be shown on Yahoo? The advertisers being the article creators? what about all thee other news sites that link to other sites?

I mean heck that's why Linkedin and even here is built on. people sharing content they like from other sites which they share one sites all over the place online.

has this or will this stop anytime soon?

how many people have posted a link to an article on NP? with a photo and a snippet from certain domain related articles they wanted to share?

I've done this. and was even "corrected" by a member for coping thee ENTIRE article and posting it in a thread. lol

so I edited. copied and pasted only the eye grabbing part and then put a link below the says "Read Rest of Article here"

•••
I think? yes? and as for blacklisted? does Yahoo get blacklisted by Google for showing snippets of content from all over the net of articles that advertisers want to be shown on Yahoo? The advertisers being the article creators? what about all thee other news sites that link to other sites?

I mean heck that's why Linkedin and even here is built on. people sharing content they like from other sites which they share one sites all over the place online.

has this or will this stop anytime soon?

how many people have posted a link to an article on NP? with a photo and a snippet from certain domain related articles they wanted to share?

I've done this. and was even "corrected" by a member for coping thee ENTIRE article and posting it in a thread. lol

so I edited. copied and pasted only the eye grabbing part and then put a link below the says "Read Rest of Article here"

Google accepts a certain percentage of duplicate content, but if virtually the entire site is a copy, Google will likely not rank the site at all and maybe not bother crawling it again.

I'm sure other people here will have more detailed understandings of how it all works.

•••
Google accepts a certain percentage of duplicate content, but if virtually the entire site is a copy, Google will likely not rank the site at all and maybe not bother crawling it again.

I'm sure other people here will have more detailed understandings of how it all works.

I mean I'm sure there are "work arounds" for this obvious problem you've brought up. or else there wouldn't be any websites period.

Every website was born from the first website (The Wheel). and every website since then is an upgrade (Pirelli tires)

if you are talking about the look and feel of a website. easily solved with Themes from Envato or themeforest

oh when I say "copy" I'm talking about the placement of ads on each page which is pretty much an acceptable format of Top banner, side left or right banner and bottom banner. or replace banner with Ad code where the content ads will be placed.

Last edited:
•••
I mean I'm sure there are "work arounds" for this obvious problem you've brought up. or else there wouldn't be any websites period.

Every website was born from the first website (The Wheel). and every website since then is an upgrade (Pirelli tires)

if you are talking about the look and feel of a website. easily solved with Themes from Envato or themeforest

I haven't looked into this myself so don't know exactly how these sites operate, but from the duplicate content side of things, that's about article text. Google doesn't care what theme or look a sites uses.

•••
Back