Dynadot

opinion Why park? When you can (maybe) make more money w/ one of these?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey NP,

me again! I'd like to get your opinion! I see you all complaining about the poor performance of your parking companies. I never see any parking company with a 100% satisfaction and even then some will say their parking company is "great" but they themselves know every now and then the profits (the bottomline) seem "lacking".

Why not take full control of your profit? let's be honest. Parking Companies are "middle men" between you and the actual ad companies who pay. yea sure they provide you the convenience of creating a "money making landing page" with a bunch of generic automated links.

There has to be a better way yes?

Especially when from what I hear. Domain Parking actually hurts your domain's value in the long run. ( can someone confirm this?) Something about Google recognizes Parked Pages easily and once it does gives it a bad rank and not just Google. Maybe Alexa? or Moz? (anyone care to comment?)

Well seems like people have found this "better way" a long time ago. I've seen them all over the place. have you?

here's some examples (These aren't mine) I'm going to just screenshot for sake of show and plus don't want to give these sites free backlinks from here. lol ain't I stinker? lol

mini sites.jpg

and at the bottom of the page you have this stuff.

mini sites2.jpg

you find sites like this shown via links from MGID on pretty much at the bottom of all Torrent sites on the net.

why iaren't more domainers going for something like this instead of the usual parking pages??

1. is it hard? too much work?
2. is it expensive?
3. is it bad or worse than parking you domain in terms of Rankings?
4. does it make equal or less than you would with parking which is less work?
5. are there any unforeseen issues with creating such sites that would cancel out the potential "upside" to such sites?

Seems like sites like this benefit from companies like

MGID
RevContent
Content(.ad)
Outbrain
Taboola

and a bunch of other similar companies that provide something called.

In content ads. Ads that look like content but are just full blown ads the are made to look like "news worthy" articles.

anyways. looking forward to your comments. thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Before you go trying anything like this, I encourage you to research how Google treats sites and domains that use paid-for low quality links.

IMO any knowledgeable buyer will rightly be put off by a huge amounts of low quality links, especially if they plan to build a reputable site on the domain.

This is all too black hat for my liking.

I understand where you are coming from. I'd be the FIRST to tell anyone to do their own due diligence.

all I can do is point you in the direction. can't say for sure it's right. but better than not having any clue or direction in the dark.

so yea Ereleases and also check out PRUnderground.

all I can see is Read Read Read. don't take my word for it. trust your own eyes. Good luck!

oh and also....always always ask for a full list of exactly where your press release will go. they SHOULD give you one.

then do your own due diligence again and check out those sites for and bad sites. plenty of tools online to check them out.

Last edited:
•••
Even they admit press releases should only be used for genuine news and not to try and increase a sites search ranking:

http://www.ereleases.com/how-to-write-chapter-6/

By all means try them, but don't expect to gain lots of quality backlinks.

•••
Even they admit press releases should only be used for genuine news and not to try and increase a sites search ranking:

http://www.ereleases.com/how-to-write-chapter-6/

By all means try them, but don't expect to gain lots of quality backlinks.

yea but if you do a good write up (maybe hire a good PR writer James Illes?) there's a good chance your PR can get picked up by Google News. once that happens well.....you are good to go.

they say that because they want you to create news worthy PR. and not just hand them content autogenerated by some Article rewriters. But seriously after Penguin and Panda release. PR really is thee only game in town to get good Google acceptable backlinks. I mean Google says it. they don't like and hunt down Backlink cheaters and that the proper way to get good ranks is going "old school". Old school being articles and Press Releases.

Last edited:
•••
Before you go trying anything like this, I encourage you to research how Google treats sites and domains that use paid-for low quality links.

IMO any knowledgeable buyer will rightly be put off by a huge amounts of low quality links, especially if they plan to build a reputable site on the domain.

This is all too black hat for my liking.

I'm not interested in a bunch of low quality links, or black hat tactics... I am looking for the "right" way to submit my press release to quality news sources. New York Times, LA Times, Press Enterprise, Readers Digest, And any Business Magazines/Blogs... What's the right way to go about it?

reason I ask is, I have this site USD2D-dot-com which offers a "start your own door to door flyer distribution business" book for sale, and I'm sure it will be worth a mention in a lot of business blogs, columns, etc..

So is there a right way to go about this? A website or service that I can submit my press release to which will then syndicate it to all the outlets? Or do I need to manually submit it to all the outlets?

•••
Good luck with the "manual" idea. I've looked into this. there are site that sell those PR contacts. in the hundreds of thousands. probably where Ereleases got their contacts.

it's not enough to just send out your PR. you have to have a "repore" with these people. if not then every Tom Dick and Harry can just willy nilly submit garbage PR all day long. and how will that benefit them?

guys like Ereleases and a few others already have these sites you talk about on "Speed dial" so to speak. they and other sites like Ereleases are "Trusted" by those sources you mentioned to give them properly "vetted" PR. These news sources want news worthy PR. most sites will of course offer PR writing services for a fee as part of a bundle.

haven't you just googled Press Releases on your own?Ereleases plus few other options like Meltwater will pop up.

•••
I'm no expert, but I do know that press releases do not directly contribute to SERPs ranking. As Google's former head of web spam Matt Cutts noted a few years ago, "I wouldn't expect links from press release web sites to benefit your rankings."

Depending on a variety of factors, press releases may generate organic traffic (and bot). However, unless the story is picked up by a news agency, then its effect will be limited.

I've never sent out press releases personally, but I've written quite a few for my clients. As far as I can tell, all the paid services generally have the same distribution list. You could enhance the effect of your releases by personally sending copies to major blogs and websites (relevant ones). However, ask them in advance first. Otherwise, some may consider unsolicited emails as spam.

•••
I'm no expert, but I do know that press releases do not directly contribute to SERPs ranking. As Google's former head of web spam Matt Cutts noted a few years ago, "I wouldn't expect links from press release web sites to benefit your rankings."

Depending on a variety of factors, press releases may generate organic traffic (and bot). However, unless the story is picked up by a news agency, then its effect will be limited.

I've never sent out press releases personally, but I've written quite a few for my clients. As far as I can tell, all the paid services generally have the same distribution list. You could enhance the effect of your releases by personally sending copies to major blogs and websites (relevant ones). However, ask them in advance first. Otherwise, some may consider unsolicited emails as spam.

ahhh I would thank you but I rather like you so I can reference your post later. Thanks for that. There are some services (PRUnderground) that "supposedly" guarantee a pick up by Google News.

if it does get picked up by Google News. is it safe to assume it will go viral from there to all thee other news outlets?

or is that wishful thinking?

•••
ahhh I would thank you but I rather like you so I can reference your post later. Thanks for that. There are some services (PRUnderground) that "supposedly" guarantee a pick up by Google News.

if it does get picked up by Google News. is it safe to assume it will go viral from there to all thee other news outlets?

or is that wishful thinking?

Mate, if it's picked up by Google News, your website will crash if it's hosted on a shared server. :) As far as guaranteeing a release being featured on Google News...

juuU6Ab.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Mate, if it's picked up by Google News, your website will crash if its hosted on a shared server. :) As far as guaranteeing a release being featured on Google News...

juuU6Ab.jpg

everyone's a comedian so it seems on NP lol including myself! cheers

•••
we all know the more work you put in, the more you get out

but hosting, content gathering, etc is all work

parking is much easier

imo...

I can tell you first hand
there is no corelation between
much work - hard try - and success

•••
I can tell you first hand
there is no corelation between
much work - hard try - and success

Lol just look at every rapper known to man.

First time I ever saw one in the 80's get rich. My brain melted.

Ummm they are in the "music" biz but they don't actually sing and their killing it in sales! Brilliant! Who woulda thought that I shoulda stuck to poetry instead of math and science like the parents pushed me to?

You are correct! Sometimes is pure luck!

•••
Mate, if it's picked up by Google News, your website will crash if it's hosted on a shared server. :) As far as guaranteeing a release being featured on Google News...

juuU6Ab.jpg

By the way google " press release" and "google news"

There's a service I saw one day that was guaranteeing placement on google news for $20$ I think ?

•••
By the way google " press release" and "google news"

There's a service I saw one day that was guaranteeing placement on google news for $20$ I think ?

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. ;)

•••
Posts about making money from a site that has auto served content, ads etc, which requires good basic knowledge at least of links, SEO and promotions (backlinks, follow, no follow etc)...then posts
2. Never knew! I always hear on NP to "watch what you post" because it's will be shown on Google. not the same thing as Follow Links? I have no clue.

Lol :xf.grin:

Reminds me of a biker who buys all the leathers, expensive helmet, and a fat top of the range super bike for $15K, then jumps on and says "so which is the go one?"

Good luck though, maybe your drive and energy will get you rich one day when you hit on the right thing for you :xf.wink:

•••
I'm currently working on something alike OP has stated..

just one word of caution:

Buying, parking and selling domains
is a completely different skill set than
developing, ranking and cashing on sites

Also the content networks are pretty firm on their terms.

@Avtar629 From your questions I guess you are more into domains than than development..

no offence, I'm really glad this question pops up her, but me thinks you have to learn a lot before even thinking about Gnews or out oubrain/tabo... (not implying I'm a pro at that)

Best way to get feets wet:
Start a small site (that you won't regret being de-indexed) and learn from there.. like with domaining..

I'd say that building/running such sites is more difficult as it is to buy awesome domains for cheap.. either way, as always.. money helps!

Keep us posted! :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back