domains “Why isn’t the Namepros marketplace the wholesale gold standard?”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So a couple days ago I wrote about DAN integrating with DNWE.com. While discussing that news on the phone with another domain investor as I liked that change. He asked me what about Namepros? He wondered if it’s only wholesale pricing why does anyone want to pay 12% commission to do a deal with someone […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Think you nailed it with....

"My answer to why the excitement? People like new, it’s always that way.".....

People are always looking for the next shiny new object.....

"We have been trained to believe in the power of eternal novelty. Every company tells us that their product or service is the answer to our search for meaning and happiness. Every advert is designed to make us connect deeply to the feeling that ‘if only we had that’ then we would be more complete."
https://www.andymort.com/novelty

People are always on Namepros and take it for granted...they need a new bauble to get that domphamine hit......

•••
There are two opposite extremes operating here on NamePros. At the bottom end, maybe 80%+ of the domains are unsellable at any price. At the top end, sellers are looking for retail pricing on a domainer-to-domainer marketplace. Don't worry so much about the percentages. Think about the principles. If you have a high-end domain for sale, would you stick a forsale card in the newsagents shop window to sell the domain. Of course not. You'd go where the end users are looking for domains, like Afternic, GoDaddy, Sedo, or use a high profile broker to sell the domain. At the bottom end, you might use NP to sell out your unwanted domains to other domainers. The problem being, these people can immediately recognize a bargain or a dud. In most cases.

•••
Think you nailed it with....

"My answer to why the excitement? People like new, it’s always that way.".....

People are always looking for the next shiny new object.....

"We have been trained to believe in the power of eternal novelty. Every company tells us that their product or service is the answer to our search for meaning and happiness. Every advert is designed to make us connect deeply to the feeling that ‘if only we had that’ then we would be more complete."
https://www.andymort.com/novelty

People are always on Namepros and take it for granted...they need a new bauble to get that domphamine hit......

Thanks for the link on novelty Nick.

•••
The magic world,
Someone wants to buy a domain name and can't find a seller,
At the same time the seller wanted to sell the domain name but could not find a buyer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back