NameSilo

question Why isn't NamePros on Wikipedia?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Namepros does a lot of good things for the domain industry and has a big influence on the community but it is not on Wikipedia.

Personally, I have been very impressed with the way Namepros has helped the domain industry get a lot more organised with short domain names.

I would have thought that such an influential forum would be included.

Do Wikipedia editors have something against forums?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is entirely possible that no one has taken the initiative to create one yet.

•••
SK is right - I doubt they would have anything against a NamePros wikipedia page considering it is such a big forum.

•••
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look more into it. Not sure if they have a policy regarding the type of businesses allowed or not. Being a forum might disqualify us, but I'm not sure. Looks like other large forums don't have a page either, however, the Owners do appear to be able to have pages that talk about them self & mention what businesses they own.

With that said I think the loophole to getting a forum listed is for the owner to start a personal page & mention it. Not all forum owners wish to be that publicized though in a personal light.

Thanks again for the suggestion :)

Eric lyon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back