IT.COM

question Why Is There No Domain Name Hedge Fund?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mawunyo Adjei

Established Member
Impact
This may probably seem like an unwise question to experienced investors but I wanted to know your views on why there is no hedge fund which invests mainly in domain names.
There are hedge funds which specialize mainly in paintings, metals, etc.
Cryptocurrencies have not being around for so long but, there are over 226 hedge funds built around it.
Why are there no domain name hedge funds, because I intend to start one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You mean something like fusu.com ?

•••
•••
hedge fund and Domain investor almost the same! they don't do outbound, most of them using inbound! so domain and website or not needed!

and to be honest, I don't think rich people will giving away 1 million to some trader! :ROFL: and saying, hey man, trade my money! and make it double! :xf.laugh:

my point is, they don't need domain or website! because they already have their own link/connection! so why need domain ?

Last edited:
•••
Good idea, I think there should be one. Good Luck 👍

•••

"The price of greatness is responsibility."

- Winston Churchill

•••
They are still alive? their homepage looks so old and dead
I am wondering too. Maybe they are out of business.
I don't think there is enough demand. And it's more complicated to trade domain names than stocks because they lack liquidity.

•••
It's too early. Domain investing has not gone mainstream yet. It's still a niche market and it's still too technical for the average investors.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back