Dynadot

Why I transferred all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i guess you are to impatient
Topcoin will launch sometimes special actions to register domains or for other
you have to look ahead
not just one day or week
look ahead ...
do you play chesss ?
first lesson :
carefully - carefully - carefully

But main lesson on chess is:

Never depreciate your opponent.

It's good to promote something else, but you should do it without biting others.

•••
But main lesson on chess is:

Never depreciate your opponent.

It's good to promote something else, but you should do it without biting others.
But it looks like those precious Topcoins can only be used for registering ultra-crappy ngtld's..

.tattoo, .sexy, .link, .gift, .guitars, .pics, .photo, .christmas, .blackfriday, .audio, .hiphop, .juegos, .hosting, .country, .property, .click, .diet, .help

Who decide what is crappy ?
if someone bite me, i should not bite ?

;)

•••
But it looks like those precious Topcoins can only be used for registering ultra-crappy ngtld's..

.tattoo, .sexy, .link, .gift, .guitars, .pics, .photo, .christmas, .blackfriday, .audio, .hiphop, .juegos, .hosting, .country, .property, .click, .diet, .help

According to Topcoin.com ..

I can't even get a $2 .xyz using those topcoins..

@Michael Ehrhardt Those $4.52 .com's are not discount, that's your salary (remuneration).. Uniregistry told you to try but it looks like you are trying too hard bro.
who decide what is crappy ? :'(

•••

Who decide what is crappy ?
if someone bite me, i should not bite ?

;)

I meant about promoting a registrar via comparing others "aggressively", not your conversation with other members.

•••
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm a bit frustrated by GoDaddy as of late. Especially given one cannot bulk edit multiple domains at one time to change DNS records or Nameservers. Pretty common sense functionality that Name and Namecheap have for example.

What kind of percent does their brokerage service take?
hi there, you can ask Sevan @ skype ( domainsevan )

•••
I meant about promoting a registrar via comparing others "aggressively", not your conversation with other members.
i am not promoting
i am convinced that Uniregistry.com is the best for me and my domains :-,

•••
Uniregistry says it will give 50% back in topcoins. Then you can use the topcoins for renewals/transfers/regs at 35% max.

Now, let's say I bought a name at $9, got T4.5$

Next day, I want to reg another name at $9, I can pay 35% with topcoins, so I pay around $6 card and T3$.

Do I also earn T3$ back on the $6 card I paid? Then effectively, every next domain would cost me $6, which is great still.

Is this how it works?
TOPCOIN will also have special actions
just be patient

•••
GoDaddy is the best.

GoDaddy has the best 24/7 customer service with the lowest prices.

.99 cent newly registered dot com domains with coupon codes

No registrar can beat that price.

GoDaddy is listed on Nasdaq with almost $5 Billion, not million, $5 Billion market cap.

It's a real company that you can trust with your names, websites, hosting, etc.

No reason to switch to any other registrar.

GoDaddy is #1.

GoDaddy was #1 :roll:

•••
Looking at your reasoning for the your post title, "Why I transferred all my domains from Godaddy to Uniregistry?", you either seem like a salesman from Uniregistry or a really gullible person.

Topcoins? Seriously? That's a huge pyramid scheme. Call it reward points or something. It's not really a cryptocurrency, if it is I'd like to exchange them for bitcoins.

I own domains at every friggin registrar there is and most domainers while bidding don't really care where the domain is registered. An End user does. You won't believe how many deals have been cancelled because the domain wasn't registered at Godaddy. Even when I was not into domaining, I trusted only Godaddy. An End user is where the big bucks come from not Domainers.

I have tried Uniregistry market and it is complicated. Godaddy Tdnam is simple.

One of the domains I bought on Uniregistry was cancelled and the money was reversed into my account after 21 days. With Godaddy the money is reversed within 2-3 days because it is a registered company in India, also I don't have to pay international transaction fee. Godaddy has a live support line that is local. I can call from my country and not be charged zillions in calling fee. I have saved so much time, also received discounts on calls.

The only reason I tried Uniregistry was because of Frank Schilling. The same guy who owns multiple gtlds, one of them being .lol.

Their renewal and transfer price for .lol is double than competing registrars and they friggin own the tld.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.LOL

I know that Frank Schilling has partnered with Daniel Negari on many new ventures and must have learned from him that only way to be successful is being loud. So I'm guessing you were paid to write this thread.

This is one of those cases where it would be really awesome to shoot the messenger.

no i am not paid , i am absolutely convinced :rolleyes:

•••
Enough people use and like uniregistry that I have to believe they provide a great service. If I had a need for Whois privacy, and was just holding for development, I'd give them a try.

I stick with GoDaddy because of price, acceptance by end users and a robust marketplace. More end users search for domains at Godaddy, and if they search for my name, they immediately have the opportunity to buy it.

Even as a domainer, I no longer wish to have dozens of registrar accounts, so I am much more likely to buy from a seller when the name is at GoDaddy, particularly on low end stuff where I don't want to spend another 8 bucks and hassle to transfer.
by the time you will see more advantages @ UNI ...

•••
Your claiming I didn't have auto renew on yet I'm positive I did.
The customer rep couldn't even see that I owned it.

Actual chat log which I saved for legal review...
Randy -
it will be just a moment while I bring up your account, is that a domain that you need to keep?
you -
Yes, I had Auto Renew on it as well.
Randy -
I am researching it, wow you have some really good names on your account :)
you -
Thank you
Randy -
do you have another account? I don't see that domain was on this one
you -
I only have one account, this one.
Randy -
ok, I'm still working on it :)

Commenting on names while in another person's account, I find that incredibly unprofessional given the situation.

Do you have emails from farther back that'd provide evidence auto-renewal was on, because you should? I'm going to assume here the name had some value. While things happen, there are few who'd risk losing a more premium name to missing a renewal. Have you had the name for awhile now, and it's just been sitting in your account? I'd argue it's relatively easy to turn off auto renewal on a name by mistake if your constantly screwing around in your account, but if your generally more hands off, there's far less of a reason why anything should have changed.

I'd post any emails you have that'd provide evidence to it if willing. The more anecdotal evidence a person gives, the less anyone is likely to believe em'. I'd say 99 out of 100 people in situations like this are crying wolf to a mistake that was entirely their own fault. You get so much crap email from registrars that when it comes to the important things, they're far too easy to overlook.

Last edited:
•••
did you see the video @ Godaddy ?

i cant believe it :alien2:

•••
Looking at your reasoning for the your post title, "Why I transferred all my domains from Godaddy to Uniregistry?", you either seem like a salesman from Uniregistry or a really gullible person.

Topcoins? Seriously? That's a huge pyramid scheme. Call it reward points or something. It's not really a cryptocurrency, if it is I'd like to exchange them for bitcoins.

I own domains at every friggin registrar there is and most domainers while bidding don't really care where the domain is registered. An End user does. You won't believe how many deals have been cancelled because the domain wasn't registered at Godaddy. Even when I was not into domaining, I trusted only Godaddy. An End user is where the big bucks come from not Domainers.

I have tried Uniregistry market and it is complicated. Godaddy Tdnam is simple.

One of the domains I bought on Uniregistry was cancelled and the money was reversed into my account after 21 days. With Godaddy the money is reversed within 2-3 days because it is a registered company in India, also I don't have to pay international transaction fee. Godaddy has a live support line that is local. I can call from my country and not be charged zillions in calling fee. I have saved so much time, also received discounts on calls.

The only reason I tried Uniregistry was because of Frank Schilling. The same guy who owns multiple gtlds, one of them being .lol.

Their renewal and transfer price for .lol is double than competing registrars and they friggin own the tld.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.LOL

I know that Frank Schilling has partnered with Daniel Negari on many new ventures and must have learned from him that only way to be successful is being loud. So I'm guessing you were paid to write this thread.

This is one of those cases where it would be really awesome to shoot the messenger.
try it...

•••
Currently 1 topcoin is equal to $ 0.000030 USD.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/topcoin/

The market cap of all the topcoin that exist is $ 948.

•••

where did you get this from ?

ABOUT TOPCOIN
Topcoin is based on the belief that alternative currencies, and specifically those based on the Bitcoin protocol, will introduce creativity & lower transaction costs in almost all aspects of the financial system.

Topcoin is designed to disrupt customer loyalty-reward programs, an industry widely loved by consumers that has artificially high transaction costs. Like frequent flyer miles in the travel industry, Topcoin rewards purchasers of digital goods with currency that can be used to purchase additional related services. Topcoin’s initial applications are in the web site creation ecosystem, including domain names and web hosting.

•••
TOPCOIN DETAILS
Topcoin ("TPC") is the world’s only crypto-currency designed specifically for digital goods loyalty programs. Consumers are rewarded TPC for domain name purchases made at partner companies in the TPC ecosystem, and those companies in turn accept up to half the purchase price of new domain name registrations in Topcoin at a value of $1 per TPC. The closest "real-world" analogy to TPC is frequent flyer miles, except that TPC may be used across a broad range of product classes and are easily exchanged for other currencies.

Technically speaking, Topcoin is a "Counterparty user-defined asset", and as such is backed by the Bitcoin blockchain and managed via the Counterparty Open Source Protocol. Topcoin addresses look exactly like Bitcoin addresses, and work the same way. Just like BTC, “TPC” has a fixed supply, is digital, fungible, anonymous, and cannot be counterfeited.

Three billion (3,000,000,000) Topcoin were issued as a divisible (up to 8 decimal places, like bitcoin) and locked (no more may ever be created) asset on September 22nd, 2014. Topcoin may not be recalled by the issuer.

Topcoin Allocation (in millions)
Topcoin is currently allocated as follows:
1. 500,000,000 will be rewarded for new TLD purchases by partner registries.
2. 1,500,000,000 will be distributed to expand the TPC ecosystem.
3. 1,000,000,000 will be held by Topcoin, LLC for future use.

graph.png

How do I get Topcoin?
The easiest way to get Topcoin is simply by making a new domain name purchase at Uniregistry.com or the Rightside.co platinum domain platform ... afterwards you will receive an email with instructions for how to claim your TPC reward. More domain name registrars that offer TPC as a reward for new purchases are being added weekly! You can also buy TPC directly at topcoin.com or via the counterparty distributed exchange at counterparty.

What do I do with Topcoin?
Topcoin is accepted by both Uniregistry.com and Rightside.co platinum domains for up to half the value of any new domain name registration, at a fixed exchange rate of $1 per TPC. More domain name registrars and other merchants that accept Topcoin are also constantly coming online! You can also sell your TPC directly at Topcoin.com or via the counterparty distributed exchange at counterpary.co.

How do I accept Topcoin?
Topcoin offers a simple merchant API, please contact us at [email protected] for more details! If you’re (very) technically inclined, you could always use the counterparty daemon directly, at https://github.com/CounterpartyXCP/counterpartyd/blob/master/docs/API.rst

•••

That's actually a _different_ topcoin that is now defunct. The Topcoin on Uniregistry (TPC) isn't listed on coinmarketcap.com, but you can trade it for bitcoin by creating an account at topcoin.com. It's true, there isn't a lot of trading yet, but people have paid as much as $.40 (worth of bitcoin) for topcoin. Right now there are no bid orders but the lowest ask is at about $.05 per TPC.

So, if you were going to register a domain at uniregistry and wanted some topcoin to get a discount (Uniregistry values them at $1 per TPC), you could first go buy some at topcoin.com with bitcoin at 95% off the rate that uniregistry values them.

•••
Thanks to Michael for pointing out GoDaddy's way of doing discounts is just much more clear. This topcoin stuff is just really gimmicky.

•••
Thanks for posting this - I realize now that I was posting about the wrong TopCoin. I've been fairly skeptical about altcoins in general, though it would be nice if this TopCoin can gain some following.

That's actually a _different_ topcoin that is now defunct. The Topcoin on Uniregistry (TPC) isn't listed on coinmarketcap.com, but you can trade it for bitcoin by creating an account at topcoin.com. It's true, there isn't a lot of trading yet, but people have paid as much as $.40 (worth of bitcoin) for topcoin. Right now there are no bid orders but the lowest ask is at about $.05 per TPC.

So, if you were going to register a domain at uniregistry and wanted some topcoin to get a discount (Uniregistry values them at $1 per TPC), you could first go buy some at topcoin.com with bitcoin at 95% off the rate that uniregistry values them.

•••
I am transferring all my domains to Uniregistry because they gave me special pricing. No coupon needed, No extra fee!.

I tried uniregistry out and liked the interface but not the unusually high price.

Then I see a lot of domainers saying you get a discounted price if you ask. So I have questions.

What guarantee is there that the private discount price continues? Think renewals.

Does everyone get the same discount price? What is it?

•••
I tried uniregistry out and liked the interface but not the unusually high price.

Then I see a lot of domainers saying you get a discounted price if you ask. So I have questions.

What guarantee is there that the private discount price continues? Think renewals.

Does everyone get the same discount price? What is it?

you can ask UNI directly @ skype ( domainsevan )

•••
Thanks to Michael for pointing out GoDaddy's way of doing discounts is just much more clear. This topcoin stuff is just really gimmicky.

i guess you mean UNIREGISTRY,s way...and not godaddy,s way

i dont need Godaddy ...

•••
•••
•••
Just yesterday 4/13/2016 a single English dictionary word Domain was removed from my GD account. They claim the auto renew wasn't on but I'm 100% Positive it was.
That's why i NEVER, ever use autorenew, at any registrar. It's much more secure to renew everything manually.

Besides, if turning autorenew off, you annul a risk of accidental renewal of some shitty domain that you definitely want to let expire and not to pay reg fee for it for another year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back