IT.COM

Why I transferred all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
you are absolutely right

and

Why .TOP?

Nobody wants to buy the worst product - that's why lists of best products, reviews, and rankings are some of the most often searched shopping tools on the Web. .TOP makes it easier to find rankings and the best products and services by providing a relevant and targeted moniker. With .TOP, review forums, consumer publications, experience sharing sites, and other customer ranking tools, will have a specialized home online.

The .top domain name extension will appeal to the Chinese market as an excellent way to brand popular websites that track rankings of various industries and competitions.

.top

The perfect New gTLD for companies that offer ranking and/or related services and information on their web sites.

What is .TOP?

In any industry or any field, only the TOP names are remembered. It’s the TOP ONE that is shown or mentioned at many places or on different occasions. As a brand name of a company, the domain is not just necessarily short, but distinctive. Websites enhanced with .TOP lower the marketing cost of your company and bring more popularity. .TOP domains help make your website known to everyone.

here the stats

.top at Uni 1,88 $ plus Topcoins :-,

https://namestat.org

•••
The .top domain name extension will appeal to the Chinese market as an excellent way to brand popular websites that track rankings of various industries and competitions.

Not only chinese market, but global market - and especially european (EU) and german market (AT / DE / CH).

I think that's why Mr. Schilling (CEO UNIREGISTRY) offers .top - as an origin german he probably knows that the term 'top' is well used in german market (especially in ads).

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt Have you ever tried redeeming those Topcoins? I don't get how it works.. I have 100 Topcoins but I cannot use them to purchase a $2 domain.. it says "Max Rebate is applied". Can you please explain this to me?

•••
Just habit...

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

even the price ( 4,52$ ) is much better at Uniregistry.com

of course i want promote Uniregistry.com because i am firmly convinced

How is the price $4.52? Is that for .com, net, org?

•••
How is the price $4.52? Is that for .com, net, org?

i believe he is factoring in the "topcoins" added to your account when you purchase "qualified" domains

•••
i believe he is factoring in the "topcoins" added to your account when you purchase "qualified" domains

But it looks like those precious Topcoins can only be used for registering ultra-crappy ngtld's..

.tattoo, .sexy, .link, .gift, .guitars, .pics, .photo, .christmas, .blackfriday, .audio, .hiphop, .juegos, .hosting, .country, .property, .click, .diet, .help

According to Topcoin.com ..

I can't even get a $2 .xyz using those topcoins..

@Michael Ehrhardt Those $4.52 .com's are not discount, that's your salary (remuneration).. Uniregistry told you to try but it looks like you are trying too hard bro.

•••
But it looks like those precious Topcoins can only be used for registering ultra-crappy ngtld's..

.tattoo, .sexy, .link, .gift, .guitars, .pics, .photo, .christmas, .blackfriday, .audio, .hiphop, .juegos, .hosting, .country, .property, .click, .diet, .help

According to Topcoin.com ..

I can't even get a $2 .xyz using those topcoins..

this is why i used quotes around topcoins and qualified

•••
here is an example of typical godaddy that *just* happened to me a few secs ago
-I'm searching for a domain to purchase
-it is found as available
-I click to select and then move to my cart
-message comes up: 'no domain is selected'

I repeat the process... domain always comes up as available.. same message comes up
I changed browsers.. same thing happens

that's godaddy my friends
Some thing happened to me a couple of times.Lost good domains to this

•••
Pricewise I like domain.com.You can get a .com as cheap as 7$.As I mostly sell and push my domain off,quite happy with it.
Dont like the UI much.You got to go to live support to even create an account

•••
GoDaddy is the best.

GoDaddy has the best 24/7 customer service with the lowest prices.

.99 cent newly registered dot com domains with coupon codes

No registrar can beat that price.

GoDaddy is listed on Nasdaq with almost $5 Billion, not million, $5 Billion market cap.

It's a real company that you can trust with your names, websites, hosting, etc.

No reason to switch to any other registrar.

GoDaddy is #1.

•••
Uniregistry.com has .com for 9,04 and you get 50 % topcoins , so the price is 4,52 $
i guess nobody in the field hast this price for a .com
i just registered
VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com all for 9,04 $ each plus topcoins
dont understimate the topcoins ( bonus system )

You've been pretty active with the Uniregistry posts on the blogs. So $9.04? Thanks, finally somebody confirming a price, which is a lot more expensive than my $8.29 .com new/renewal pricing with DDC.

Here is another thread about UNIREGISTRY, made by it's CEO himself:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/un...-to-get-domainer-pricing.934292/#post-5424586

That was actually a post in the Poll thread that had to be removed/moved since the thread wasn't for registrars to come and promote themselves.

•••
Uniregistry .com price is a bit high - $10.88

NameSilo .com price is $8.99 nearly $2 cheaper.

If one needs privacy, then Uniregistry is the way to go. Otherwise, yes, they are more expensive.

•••
Uniregistry says it will give 50% back in topcoins. Then you can use the topcoins for renewals/transfers/regs at 35% max.

Now, let's say I bought a name at $9, got T4.5$

Next day, I want to reg another name at $9, I can pay 35% with topcoins, so I pay around $6 card and T3$.

Do I also earn T3$ back on the $6 card I paid? Then effectively, every next domain would cost me $6, which is great still.

Is this how it works?

•••
Really?

Most of my domains are at GoDaddy and I never had any problems. Actually I stay there because I find their interface very easy to use.

I have nothing against Uniregistry. I also have domains there. I just don't understand how someone can find GD complicated and confusing. It is so simple.

Lots of glitches and platforms that don't work when you need them most.

For the past two days, I have been unable to register a domain name -- in one case, I regged the domain at Uniregistry and in the second case, I used Go Daddy's Live Chat, which is cumbersome and time consuming.

FINALLY, later in the day, another reg went through.

Uniregistry subscribes to the KISS method: Keeping It Simple and Stupid.

And, so far, support has been A-one.

It's truly a domainer's registry.

•••
Uniregistry says it will give 50% back in topcoins. Then you can use the topcoins for renewals/transfers/regs at 35% max.

On the site it says it excludes renewals, transfers:

*Inclusive of existing discounts. Excludes premium domain name registrations, renewals, and transfers.

https://uniregistry.com/domains

Does anybody have a link to someplace on their site that actually goes thru it? Or do you have to email for that too?

•••
Lots of glitches and platforms that don't work when you need them most.

For the past two days, I have been unable to register a domain name -- in one case, I regged the domain at Uniregistry and in the second case, I used Go Daddy's Live Chat, which is cumbersome and time consuming.

FINALLY, later in the day, another reg went through.

Uniregistry subscribes to the KISS method: Keeping It Simple and Stupid.

And, so far, support has been A-one.

It's truly a domainer's registry.

I understand.
Personnally, I registered over 300 domains on GoDaddy over the last year and I never had any problem. Maybe it is different for other people.

Anyway no platform is perfect. Its just about finding the one right for you.

•••
I'm grateful I came across this thread..
Just yesterday 4/13/2016 a single English dictionary word Domain was removed from my GD account. They claim the auto renew wasn't on but I'm 100% Positive it was.
Considering the purchase price and several offers received I estimate I lost 10K+
I spoke with live chat and Joe which suggested I contact the new owner and try to buy MY OWN domain back.

I will be looking into Uni to transfer out.

•••
On the site it says it excludes renewals, transfers:

*Inclusive of existing discounts. Excludes premium domain name registrations, renewals, and transfers.

https://uniregistry.com/domains

Does anybody have a link to someplace on their site that actually goes thru it? Or do you have to email for that too?

The keyword is "premium". Meaning, you cannot use them to buy marketplace domain or ngtld name designated as premium. At least that is how I read it.

•••
I'm grateful I came across this thread..
Just yesterday 4/13/2016 a single English dictionary word Domain was removed from my GD account. They claim the auto renew wasn't on but I'm 100% Positive it was.
Considering the purchase price and several offers received I estimate I lost 10K+
I spoke with live chat and Joe which suggested I contact the new owner and try to buy MY OWN domain back.

I will be looking into Uni to transfer out.

This is worrisome (

Did not you get email notifications? Was it auctioned at expired auctions? So the name expired for about 6 weeks that you still should have chance to recover and you still not discover it?

•••
that's odd. i seem to get a dozen different emails warning me of the months away approach of each domains expiration date, even the ones i purposely set to do not auto renew

•••
This is worrisome (

Did not you get email notifications? Was it auctioned at expired auctions? So the name expired for about 6 weeks that you still should have chance to recover and you still not discover it?

I was notified yesterday at 4:49 P.m est
First and only email. To late to recover the name.

•••
The keyword is "premium". Meaning, you cannot use them to buy marketplace domain or ngtld name designated as premium. At least that is how I read it.

I was talking about the renewals and transfers part. With this:

"Then you can use the topcoins for renewals/transfers/regs at 35% max."

Is that public somewhere? Is there a place where people can just read to see how this actually works?

•••
that's odd. i seem to get a dozen different emails warning me of the months away approach of each domains expiration date, even the ones i purposely set to do not auto renew

Me too. I have several domains expiring right now and I get several emails. And when I log on GoDaddy there are red flag everywhere. I don't understand how someone can forget to renew.

•••
All I see here:
https://uniregistry.help/topcoin/can-i-use-topcoin-to-register-a-domain-name/

Is:
Uniregistry customers can use Topcoin to cover a portion of the cost of a domain name registration, renewal, or transfer *. The exact amount will vary based on the domain name extension, account settings, and any promotional discounts already applied.

*Inclusive of existing discounts. Excludes premium domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back