Dynadot

Why I transferred all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And they put domain management "Tools" (at least 1) under "Profile". I don't know who designed their site the 1st time or the redesigns thereafter, but they shouldn't have been chosen. I guess that's why...

"Need help? We're always here for you. Chat with a live person" is displayed on the footer so prominently because the users bound to need it.

•••
i have domains at pretty much every major registrar and have had to contact support at all of them at some point. the fact that namecheap offers live support that connects within 1 minute (my experience) and generally has my issue sorted within 3 minutes saves me 10-30 minutes searching through a help database to learn something i didn't want to know anyway. i have 4 kids and a wife who all require my time. if your company doesn't offer live chat, i'm not sticking around. namecheap requires live chat to transfer in some gTLD's etc, maybe they'll change that in the future, maybe not. enom and network solutions are the exact opposite of the spectrum for me. impossible to deal with them at any level and the sooner i transfer out all my domains from them, the better.

as for their previous dashboard, i'm not a classic domainer nor am i a site developer. it could be that i was just used to the previous version (it showed total domains etc) and like many i'm not excited about the "update" which requires several extra clicks now to get things sorted.

your work around for total domains does work, it's several extra steps over the old platform though and i continue to let them know that i am not happy as long as my domains are still there.

•••
Uniregistry .com price is a bit high - $10.88

NameSilo .com price is $8.99 nearly $2 cheaper.

•••
And they put domain management "Tools" (at least 1) under "Profile". I don't know who designed their site the 1st time or the redesigns thereafter, but they shouldn't have been chosen. I guess that's why...

"Need help? We're always here for you. Chat with a live person" is displayed on the footer so prominently because the users bound to need it.

i don't know about you guys but i much prefer putting someone else to work for me and having a record of it rather than doing things myself with no record of what i've done. namecheaps live chat is the best i've encountered.

•••
Although Uniregistry has some good developed website, i still think Godaddy is best It's not just habbit. However there should be some good reason to do such move.. For example if Uniregistry start some $1 transfer promotion then i can consider it.. Otherwise no reason to pay extra $8 for my existing domains in Godaddy.
I transferred my domains from Godaddy to Uniregistry because Godaddy is complicated
even the dashboard doesnt make sense

•••
•••

Uniregistry.com has .com for 9,04 and you get 50 % topcoins , so the price is 4,52 $
i guess nobody in the field hast this price for a .com
i just registered
VRGamesKing.com VRGameKings.com VRGamesKings.com all for 9,04 $ each plus topcoins
dont understimate the topcoins ( bonus system )

•••

Uniregistery.com has a discount ( if you just asked for it ) so you pay 9,04 plus 50% topcoins
so the price is 4,52$ - can you beat this ?

•••
Because you haven't met with NameSilo yet : )
i have domains at namesilo, but also i will transfer them to Uniregistry.com
there is no better registrar and market

•••
make your move

Attachments

• CHESS1.png
    CHESS1.png
    724.9 KB · Views: 83
•••
Been in the business two decades now. Frank's dashboard and ease-of-use is the best, period. Everything about it has been thought through from top-to-bottom.

•••
I use GoDaddy only for two reasons: when i buy on Closeouts, and when i buy from someone. Either way, i rush to transfer the domain to another registrar when renewal coming to horizon, if i still own that domain of course.

Clatter, absolute absence of UI logic, inability to perform any bulk operation, and endless upsells... Thank you, no.

•••
I use GoDaddy only for two reasons: when i buy on Closeouts, and when i buy from someone. Either way, i rush to transfer the domain to another registrar when renewal coming to horizon, if i still own that domain of course.

Clatter, absolute absence of UI logic, inability to perform any bulk operation, and endless upsells... Thank you, no.

sums up godaddy pretty well

•••
Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Really?

Most of my domains are at GoDaddy and I never had any problems. Actually I stay there because I find their interface very easy to use.

I have nothing against Uniregistry. I also have domains there. I just don't understand how someone can find GD complicated and confusing. It is so simple.

•••
I got 800 domains and i have them at :

Dynadot.com ( because they support IDN and .cn )
Godaddy.com ( all transferred to Uniregistry.com )
Namecheap.com ( best live support and best price,s on .rent domains )
Uniregistry.com ( best dashboard , prices , market and and and )

Godaddy is just habit !

for me there is no alternate to Uniregistry.com

•••
Really?

Most of my domains are at GoDaddy and I never had any problems. Actually I stay there because I find their interface very easy to use.

I have nothing against Uniregistry. I also have domains there. I just don't understand how someone can find GD complicated and confusing. It is so simple.
lets start on the frontpage at Godaddy !!!
search for a domain ... there is no extension what they all offer
at Uniregistry.com you can click on the extensions what they all offer

no need to explain !!!
Godaddy is extremely complicated

it is like a language i dont speak

for me is always important to see on the first sight what i want

•••
Oh ok. This kind of stuff is not important for me. I only deal with dot coms.

What matters to me is how easy is it to manage my domains and at GD it is so simple. So I never felt the need to go elsewhere.

But I see you want to promote Uniregistry so its ok.

•••

I just transferred a domain to Uni. Cost (after using topcoins) was $9.25
for comparison:
-Namesilo would charge me $8.39 (I'm on their discount program)
-Namebright would charge me $8.03 x 1.03 (that's ~3% extra charges when paying via paypal / account funds)

•••
Oh ok. This kind of stuff is not important for me. I only deal with dot coms.

What matters to me is how easy is it to manage my domains and at GD it is so simple. So I never felt the need to go elsewhere.

But I see you want to promote Uniregistry so its ok.

Just habit...

even the price ( 4,52$ ) is much better at Uniregistry.com

of course i want promote Uniregistry.com because i am firmly convinced

•••
I just transferred a domain to Uni. Cost (after using topcoins) was $9.25
for comparison:
-Namesilo would charge me $8.39 (I'm on their discount program)
-Namebright would charge me $8.03 x 1.03 (that's ~3% extra charges when paying via paypal / account funds)
DONT forget the topcoins...;)

•••
•••
EARN TOPCOIN

The only way to earn TPC is to buy a domain name that offers TPC with each purchase.

Similar to frequent flyer programs, participating gTLDs like .link, .sexy, and .ninja award you TPC when you purchase a new registration. After you purchase the domain name, you will be notified by the registrar that you have been awarded TPC.

To earn some TPC, just purchase a domain name from one of the participating gTLDs.

SPEND TOPCOIN

You can use TPC to buy domain names and other services at our launch partners listed on this page.

The TPC network is growing rapidly, so please check this page regularly. If your favorite registrar, registry, web host, SSL provider, or web site creator is not on our list, let us know and we will contact them!

that,s Uniregistry.com :$:

so your next .com domain is just 9,04 $ :rolleyes: plus Topcoin

nobody can beat this ...

•••
Just habit...

Yes that's true.
I am more the kind to say : "Don't change a winning team" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I am a loyal person.

But the current TopCoins promotion is appealing, it makes it cheaper to register domains.

•••
Michael, with all due respect, no need to push your promotion to the limits :)

I've already mentioned two registrars that they beat Uni (for transfers at least)
Namebright charges the same for registrations, transfers and renewals.. ie. ~$8.27

Even with the double discount you mentioned, Uni is still almost a dollar more expensive

•••
Michael, with all due respect, no need to push your promotion to the limits :)

I've already mentioned two registrars that they beat Uni (for transfers at least)
Namebright charges the same for registrations, transfers and renewals.. ie. ~$8.27

Even with the double discount you mentioned, Uni is still almost a dollar more expensive
i dont need to push
i am convinced ;)

you pay 8,27 i pay 4,52 :$:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back