IT.COM

Why I transferred all my domains from GoDaddy to Uniregistry ?

NameSilo
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Very simple :

Godaddy is complicated
Godaddy is confusing

Uniregistry is simple and good and i get topcoins
Uniregistry has the best dashboard in the field

i guess Godaddy is just habit
there is really no reason for me to remain at Godaddy

"you dont discover new worlds,
if you do not have the courage, to leave the coastal"

the time will show it :

there is no alternate to Uniregistry

even to search for new domains is fun and makes sense

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because you haven't met with NameSilo yet : )

•••
I've never had a problems with GoDaddy and their customer service has always been great when I had any questions.

Their data base is massive so I find if I want to sell a domain cheaply it moves very fast when I use premium listings...

Uniregistry is very impressive and I'm sure over time they might become the no.1 registry of choice if they continue to improve the way they are. I do agree they have an amazing interface and very easy to use and that's what a lot of people like :)

•••
While Uniregistry is great and all, I've never felt comfortable keeping my domains with just one registrar for some reason... And if you're chasing lowest reg prices, as I am, you naturally end up having your domains with multiple registrars. Granted, it's a bit of a hassle to manage them sometimes...

•••
I understand for someone with a lot of domain names emails can get lost in the shuffle of your inbox, but I did look into the issue for @SirDrago yesterday and we sent many emails informing him that the domain would expire, and then that it did expire and then that it would be lost. Auto renew was not set from the logs I checked and the name had expired and is now owned by someone else. I really feel bad for the customer who lost it but we cannot take a domain from someone who owns it after it expires from an account. We gave the normal redemption period so it was in the account expired for 42 days and we park the nameservers after it expires to try and get some extra attention on the fact that the name is expired in case you are not checking your email on the account. I spent a while looking into this yesterday and we sent many emails about the domain as we normally do for any expiring name, the emails we sent also say that the name is not set up on auto renew. We do a lot to make sure that customers know that their domains are coming up for renewal.

•••
Because you haven't met with NameSilo yet : )

1) I have %99 of my domains with NameSilo. The best and fastest support response.

2) When it comes to premium domains, NameSilo is the ONLY one. If a premium domain renewal cost at GoDaddy is $500, it is ONLY $422 at NameSilo. The same thing applies to UniRegistry and other registrars. they CAN NOT compete with NameSilo prices. just take a look at how much .com costs at NameSilo: Registration/Renewal 8.89 and Transfer in $8.39 !!!!!!!!!!

3) NameSilo is simply the cheapest and the simplest ever. and yes it is cheaper than UniRegistry and ALL. i have made

4) NameSilo gives a lifetime FREE privacy. you can activate and deactivate it at any time.

5) If you have Adsense account, you park your domains with them and get %100 parking revenue !!, customize your landing page and receive buyers inquiries.

6) You can sell your domains at NameSilo marketplace for %7.5 commission and get paid in different payout options.

7) You can instantly transfer your domains away with a simple outbound transfer approval from within your NameSilo account. (That is something my Chinese buyers admire and they are like WOW)

8) If you make changes to your domains like name serves / forward a domain or whatever kind of changes, those changes take place in minutes !! they have very reliable and fast servers.

9) Recently they introduced DOMAIN LINK MANAGER where you can link your domains from other registrars to your NameSilo account to view them and get alerts of their expiry etc.

10 ) I LOVE NAMESILO.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
Please tell me when and where you've used these topcoins. Thanks.

•••
i have domains at pretty much every major registrar and have had to contact support at all of them at some point. the fact that namecheap offers live support that connects within 1 minute (my experience) and generally has my issue sorted within 3 minutes saves me 10-30 minutes searching through a help database to learn something i didn't want to know anyway. i have 4 kids and a wife who all require my time. if your company doesn't offer live chat, i'm not sticking around. namecheap requires live chat to transfer in some gTLD's etc, maybe they'll change that in the future, maybe not. enom and network solutions are the exact opposite of the spectrum for me. impossible to deal with them at any level and the sooner i transfer out all my domains from them, the better.

as for their previous dashboard, i'm not a classic domainer nor am i a site developer. it could be that i was just used to the previous version (it showed total domains etc) and like many i'm not excited about the "update" which requires several extra clicks now to get things sorted.

your work around for total domains does work, it's several extra steps over the old platform though and i continue to let them know that i am not happy as long as my domains are still there.

•••
Looking at your reasoning for the your post title, "Why I transferred all my domains from Godaddy to Uniregistry?", you either seem like a salesman from Uniregistry or a really gullible person.

Topcoins? Seriously? That's a huge pyramid scheme. Call it reward points or something. It's not really a cryptocurrency, if it is I'd like to exchange them for bitcoins.

I own domains at every friggin registrar there is and most domainers while bidding don't really care where the domain is registered. An End user does. You won't believe how many deals have been cancelled because the domain wasn't registered at Godaddy. Even when I was not into domaining, I trusted only Godaddy. An End user is where the big bucks come from not Domainers.

I have tried Uniregistry market and it is complicated. Godaddy Tdnam is simple.

One of the domains I bought on Uniregistry was cancelled and the money was reversed into my account after 21 days. With Godaddy the money is reversed within 2-3 days because it is a registered company in India, also I don't have to pay international transaction fee. Godaddy has a live support line that is local. I can call from my country and not be charged zillions in calling fee. I have saved so much time, also received discounts on calls.

The only reason I tried Uniregistry was because of Frank Schilling. The same guy who owns multiple gtlds, one of them being .lol.

Their renewal and transfer price for .lol is double than competing registrars and they friggin own the tld.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL.LOL

I know that Frank Schilling has partnered with Daniel Negari on many new ventures and must have learned from him that only way to be successful is being loud. So I'm guessing you were paid to write this thread.

This is one of those cases where it would be really awesome to shoot the messenger.

•••
Available domain list:

topisjoke.lol
lolisjoke.top

))

•••
You should also add that they have amazing support

For the last 2-3 days I've been sending them a wall of questions and they answered all with each answer making perfect sense

•••
Currently I am not using any of them but I am sure I would prefer UNIREGISTRY instead of GODADDY - one reason is their minimalisitc and light design (visually pleasant while working).

And, they have the best domain slogan I have read so far: 'It all begins with an ending' ;)

•••
Although Uniregistry has some good developed website, i still think Godaddy is best It's not just habbit. However there should be some good reason to do such move.. For example if Uniregistry start some $1 transfer promotion then i can consider it.. Otherwise no reason to pay extra $8 for my existing domains in Godaddy.

•••
I'm grateful I came across this thread..
Just yesterday 4/13/2016 a single English dictionary word Domain was removed from my GD account. They claim the auto renew wasn't on but I'm 100% Positive it was.
Considering the purchase price and several offers received I estimate I lost 10K+
I spoke with live chat and Joe which suggested I contact the new owner and try to buy MY OWN domain back.

I will be looking into Uni to transfer out.

•••
Thanks to Michael for pointing out GoDaddy's way of doing discounts is just much more clear. This topcoin stuff is just really gimmicky.

•••
here is an example of typical godaddy that *just* happened to me a few secs ago
-I'm searching for a domain to purchase
-it is found as available
-I click to select and then move to my cart
-message comes up: 'no domain is selected'

I repeat the process... domain always comes up as available.. same message comes up
I changed browsers.. same thing happens

that's godaddy my friends

•••
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm a bit frustrated by GoDaddy as of late. Especially given one cannot bulk edit multiple domains at one time to change DNS records or Nameservers. Pretty common sense functionality that Name and Namecheap have for example.

What kind of percent does their brokerage service take?

yes, you can. pretty easily in fact. go to "manage domains", check every box on the left that you want to update, hover over the nameservers tab and edit nameservers.

other than that i think godaddy is pretty much garbage and i would never intentionally buy a service from them. prices are terrible, page layout makes my eyes bleed.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt Have you ever tried redeeming those Topcoins? I don't get how it works.. I have 100 Topcoins but I cannot use them to purchase a $2 domain.. it says "Max Rebate is applied". Can you please explain this to me?

•••
GoDaddy is the best.

GoDaddy has the best 24/7 customer service with the lowest prices.

.99 cent newly registered dot com domains with coupon codes

No registrar can beat that price.

GoDaddy is listed on Nasdaq with almost $5 Billion, not million, $5 Billion market cap.

It's a real company that you can trust with your names, websites, hosting, etc.

No reason to switch to any other registrar.

GoDaddy is #1.

•••
Currently 1 topcoin is equal to $ 0.000030 USD.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/topcoin/

The market cap of all the topcoin that exist is $ 948.

•••
Just yesterday 4/13/2016 a single English dictionary word Domain was removed from my GD account. They claim the auto renew wasn't on but I'm 100% Positive it was.
That's why i NEVER, ever use autorenew, at any registrar. It's much more secure to renew everything manually.

Besides, if turning autorenew off, you annul a risk of accidental renewal of some shitty domain that you definitely want to let expire and not to pay reg fee for it for another year.

•••
@Frank.Schilling

Time to close this thread, was just a bad move.

Thanks, kisses and bye.

•••
to be honest
the best support is at namecheap ( live chat )
but Uniregistry is new and i have a good live contact at skype to get my questions answered

totally agree there
if you're like me that prefers the written word than waiting to talk over the phone (I usually do other stuff as well when getting support) then chat rules :)

I must say that NC is not what it used to be though. After the new interface switch their quality has dropped substantially on all levels... not sure why

•••
Can you auction your domains in Uniregistry.com

•••
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm a bit frustrated by GoDaddy as of late. Especially given one cannot bulk edit multiple domains at one time to change DNS records or Nameservers. Pretty common sense functionality that Name and Namecheap have for example.

What kind of percent does their brokerage service take?

Im fairly positive you can, at least you used to be able to. select the names you want to change, more > nameservers...along that line. If you register more than buying on the aftermarket, set it as your domain defaults.

Namecheap has had the ~worst backend for years now, up until that long over due update theyve made. They needed the better customer support to make up for that. Name.com I havent used for quite some time actively, but I always remember being happy with it. Im hard pressed to find a better registrar than godaddy as it stands per pricing, design, and customer support. Uniregistry isnt without issues and DNS's design, support, etc, im not an incredible fan of either.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back